Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
Did they make their announcement yet? I was super disappointed that they stopped development because I think this game has so much potential for additional changes to the mechanics...

And now maybe there is some hope after all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

ZombieLenin posted:

Did they make their announcement yet? I was super disappointed that they stopped development because I think this game has so much potential for additional changes to the mechanics...

And now maybe there is some hope after all!

They said Friday and it is not yet Friday.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
It is in New Zealand.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

ZombieLenin posted:

It is in New Zealand.

sɹǝɥʇoɹq ǝlʇʇɐq

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

I hope it's a sequel and not a DLC because if it's a new DLC I'll have to rewrite my whole goddam guide

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Man oh Man I'm bad at this game. Any tips for dealing with ancient dead? I'm trying not to fight them mano y mano because as undead they obviously will win the fatigue war on that front. Should I be trying to just flank them or something?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Drone_Fragger posted:

Man oh Man I'm bad at this game. Any tips for dealing with ancient dead? I'm trying not to fight them mano y mano because as undead they obviously will win the fatigue war on that front. Should I be trying to just flank them or something?

I got you fam

quote:

Vs Undead:

-- mace stun works on ancient dead
-- decapitation helps vs zombies; snipe the necromancer
-- split their formations, flank them
-- shields flimsy and easily broken
-- going toe-to-toe in formation is high risk as they have no fatigue and *will* outlast you
-- archers can damage armor but otherwise pointless; swap for polearms or throwing axes

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=902880552

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
This may just be my experience but be careful about using spears as I think they do less damage against ancient dead then other weapons would.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
- You can take weapons off of downed weidergangers and heroes, so when they get back up they're unarmed.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Ancient dead are an excellent reason to train up greatsworders with split. They can hit the guys behind the shield line who are usually much more fragile and easy to hit. If you have a wall of greatswords you are basically set.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Disgusting Coward posted:

sɹǝɥʇoɹq ǝlʇʇɐq

For the record I live in the Midwest.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Hmm, so I think my anti-flank spearmen are probably useless then, and I should probably use axes instead of flails, then flank as I'm trying to anyway?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I find that you want to split your forces in half, and maybe leave your best dodge tank in the center, preferably on high ground, to draw them to the center if you can. Either way, once you split them up you will have a much easier time getting around to their squishier back line. I'm not sure about the best weapon so long as you're not focused on piercing since they are resistant. So billhooks and longaxes are good. The shield users are usually low damage enough you can ignore them while you DPS the pikemen.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Drone_Fragger posted:

Hmm, so I think my anti-flank spearmen are probably useless then, and I should probably use axes instead of flails, then flank as I'm trying to anyway?

When I run spearman on the edges of my line I like to give them quick hands and 1-handed axes. Stuff that manages to get through spearwall usually does it by shield wall - advancing in, so switching to an axe and breaking that shield (especially if it goes first in turn order) lets you nuke it on the next turn.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

https://steamcommunity.com/games/365360/announcements/detail/1691550987516660973

Full DLC coming. Won't be free, but they'll be doing a big free update to go with it. Sounds extremely cool.

A variety of challenging new beasts populating different parts of the wilds. Each with unique mechanics and loot.

A bigger world to explore, full of unique hidden locations throughout that offer new possibilities and rewards to the daring adventurer.

Trophies from slain beasts that can be crafted into charms, potions and other items to customize the look of your hardened mercenaries and benefit them in combat.

New contracts that have you engage in profitable beast hunting, exploration and more.

New weapons, tools, shields, and armor to equip your men with.

New paint items that can be used to paint shields and helmets in the colors of your company.

Lots of new events.

New music tracks.

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Aug 3, 2018

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Not sure about charms, but the rest sounds alright.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Looks really good and I wish they had announced it was coming out today instead of "in several months after dev time"

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I never got why they just stopped supporting the game, there is a great foundation for a really sweet IP here and I'd love to see them continue to iterate on the game.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Gyshall posted:

I never got why they just stopped supporting the game, there is a great foundation for a really sweet IP here and I'd love to see them continue to iterate on the game.

I think originally they wanted to work on something new after spending 5 years on BB.

I wonder what made them come back? Either way, I'm glad they did.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Night10194 posted:

I think originally they wanted to work on something new after spending 5 years on BB.

I wonder what made them come back? Either way, I'm glad they did.

It could be that their new project just isn't working yet, or they need funding? Or they simply want to do more work on Battle Brothers. I'm hoping it's the latter and they just had a kickass idea they wanted to implement.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I would guess the Steam stats for this game are pretty good and they see how many people are still playing it and therefore how much money could be made off a DLC. Also it would be a way to boost the review score for the game and potentially get more people to buy it if idiots will stop writing reviews like "devs abandoned the game"

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

vyelkin posted:

I would guess the Steam stats for this game are pretty good and they see how many people are still playing it and therefore how much money could be made off a DLC. Also it would be a way to boost the review score for the game and potentially get more people to buy it if idiots will stop writing reviews like "devs abandoned the game"

As disappointed as was that they were not continuing development, thats not fair. They delivered a polished and completed game. That is not abandoning anything.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ZombieLenin posted:

As disappointed as was that they were not continuing development, thats not fair. They delivered a polished and completed game. That is not abandoning anything.

Yeah exactly, that's my point. Doesn't stop entitled idiots on Steam from writing bad reviews though.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003
New paint items that can be used to paint shields and helmets in the colors of your company.

YES. I know this probably sounds stupid to some people, but I hated that when I could took my ragtag group of random peasants and turned them into a hardcore fighting unit capable of taking on trained knights, they still looked like they were just randos thrown together for one fight.

Trophies from slain beasts that can be crafted into charms, potions and other items to customize the look of your hardened mercenaries and benefit them in combat.

I wonder if this means we will actually be able to make dire wolf armor without an event that never triggers? Or if this other stuff will just be a reason to take a witch hunter/scholar/some new class so you can randomly carry 10 yeti gonads around in hopes of an event.

TheAnomaly fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Aug 3, 2018

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

ilmucche posted:

Not sure about charms, but the rest sounds alright.

I’m all for customizing my Brothers

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Fat Samurai posted:

No argument there, it's more that some players (myself included) find a charm in Battle Brothers being set in a low-fantasy world. Having the brothers being able to make magic items lessens that.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Tias posted:

No argument there, it's more that some players (myself included) find a charm in Battle Brothers being set in a low-fantasy world. Having the brothers being able to make magic items lessens that.

For all we know at this point, charms could be stuff like morale boosters.

'I beat the poo poo out of that dire wolf and I can do it again!"

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

They aren't necessarily magic items, just things that give a little bonus. Like the direwolf armour or that one anti-orc necklace you can get.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Magic does exist anyway, there's necromancers and poo poo. Having a weird brooch with some dodgy hedge wizard enchantment on that does something only marginally useful sounds very BB

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Fat Samurai posted:

:yeah:

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
poo poo man I lost count of the number of noble houses I curbstomped just because their livery looked kinda like my company colours and I wanted to look official.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Also the first magic item you get is a bit of cloth that makes everyone braver if they are close to it. You just don't think of it that way. More stuff like that would be great.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I am fairly stoked for this, though I guess it's a litter early to ~get hype~.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Oh nice, a new expansion. I suspect it's because they realise that the 200k people who bought this game would happilly shell out another 15 dollars for a full DLC.

With any luck, it'll also include proper mod support, but I'm not holding my breath (iron lungs)

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]
I have always wanted to see buildings/fortifications built and the ability of the players to build there own during the late game crisis, but I definitely approve of this DLC and will buy the poo poo out of it.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
What I want to see are more combat maps. A few extra sets of map tiles would DRAMATICALLY increase the replay value.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
One thing I never figured out: How is ambush formed? There never seem to be the same factors in play. I mean, I get that camping at night in a forest will get me ambushed, but this time I followed a visible mob in daylight (in a forest) and usually that leads to a straight up fight, but this time it was an ambush. What gives :confused:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ZombieLenin posted:

I have always wanted to see buildings/fortifications built and the ability of the players to build there own during the late game crisis, but I definitely approve of this DLC and will buy the poo poo out of it.

I would love a late game plan that allowed you to really make a mark on the landscape.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

What I want to see are more combat maps. A few extra sets of map tiles would DRAMATICALLY increase the replay value.

Agreed. This could be done for “free” by properly supporting modding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
In a similar vein, I'd like more terrain elements and more battles that aren't just two lines of dudes facing each other. Outside of the noble war and occasionally the greenskin invasion you don't get a lot of variety.