Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Liquid Communism posted:

Matt, being a smart cookie who's at a game con right now, has set his Twitter to private and disabled much of his official web presence to avoid having to moderate all the chud outrage.

Meanwhile, the chud (who I refuse to dignify with a name) has started a gofundme to try and bring a civil case.

https://t.co/MknyfXqxzU

jesus almost funded and started by comics chud ethan van sciver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

this is going to go amazingly well for everyone involved, i am sure

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Nazis posted:

If you believe extremists who call normal people “Nazis” in order to justify acts of violence against them deserve to be brought to justice, and wish to contribute to Jeremy’s legal fund, here is your opportunity.  
Doesn't this guy write for the Daily Stormer and Breitbart lol

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

moths posted:

There's no way they aren't going to completely sell out. It's basically a badge that shows you're an early adopter, and that you'll "put your money where your mouth is" when it comes to supporting Paizo.

Which at this point means 'i don't care about sexual harassment, assault or child abuse, i just want my +1 to basket weaving feats'.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
The hilarious part of this whole chud is he's going to talk up a civil suit, then walk away with five digits worth of donations because any lawyer in the country is going to tell him that they'd be embarrassed to go before a judge and try to prove damages or pain and suffering for an alleged assault that left no marks and did a total amount of material damages amounting to a couple shirt buttons.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Yeah, this is extremely a con to raise money from rear end in a top hat idiots for an rear end in a top hat idiot.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
look, all I'm saying is, if you love trump and have a lot of twitter followers, let me pretend to beat you up and we'll both make bank

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ethan Van Sciver. That is not a surprise.

Is it too much to hope it goes to court and Hambly finds himself in contempt for wasting the judge's time?

Desiden
Mar 13, 2016

Mindless self indulgence is SRS BIZNS
Are these two chuds part of the same brood? Because it would be hilarious if he holds on to the money and they all start squabbling over it.

EDIT: Oh, and here's part of the evil media reporting on what happened. Yeah, this all sounds like a giant pile of "guy made it all the gently caress up":

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2018/08/03/gen-con-indianapolis-gaming-commentator-conservative-views-punched/896816002/

Desiden fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Aug 4, 2018

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Desiden posted:

Are these two chuds part of the same brood? Because it would be hilarious if he holds on to the money and they all start squabbling over it.

Ethan Van Sciver is a pro comic artist who went untouchable by Marvel and DC when he went all chud so now has to subsist off the donations of alt-right mouth-breathers. He's basically the professional ComicsGate uses for validation.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
His name is Ethan Van Sciver, how could he not be the villain in a drat Dickens novel

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
It’s funny how “professionals” attach themselves to GamerGate which makes people look at them harder and realize they’re just completely radioactive shitlords.

Desiden
Mar 13, 2016

Mindless self indulgence is SRS BIZNS

Dawgstar posted:

Ethan Van Sciver is a pro comic artist who went untouchable by Marvel and DC when he went all chud so now has to subsist off the donations of alt-right mouth-breathers. He's basically the professional ComicsGate uses for validation.

So...very likely going to try to pocket as much of the money as he can.

At least that part could be entertaining.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
Hambly was the guy banned from magic events by wizards for harassment and has since gone full alt right YouTube gamer gate whatever trying to latch onto every made up controversy for that sweet YouTube money.

My guess is someone brushed past him and he made everything up. The police clearly don't believe him and the newspaper caught him out in several lies already.

Also zweihander winning is peak ennies. A terrible retroclone given away to thousands of people all so he could have more people to spam with his publisher promotions and claim it sold 50k copies.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

PST posted:

Also zweihander winning is peak ennies. A terrible retroclone given away to thousands of people all so he could have more people to spam with his publisher promotions and claim it sold 50k copies.

I haven't skimmed it in a while, but I got the impression Zweihander was more mediocre than terrible, which is frankly worse in my opinion.

To whatever degree this garbage show actually does any good for a game, I'm glad Harlem Unbound walked off with a bunch of gold, anyway.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

That Old Tree posted:

I haven't skimmed it in a while, but I got the impression Zweihander was more mediocre than terrible, which is frankly worse in my opinion.

More than the game being mediocre, the guy behind it is a persistent and shameless shill on par with whatsisname the "Kaidan, a Japanese Ghost Story" guy, so I'm sure he's never gonna shut up about it now.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Kai Tave posted:

More than the game being mediocre, the guy behind it is a persistent and shameless shill on par with whatsisname the "Kaidan, a Japanese Ghost Story" guy, so I'm sure he's never gonna shut up about it now.

Oh, for sure. I remember him more for how often he got in trouble on RPGnet and the twenty billion times his game was a "featured sale" on DTRPG. (Which I shamefully went for when it was, like, $5.)

One of my favorites is when he dumped some of his horseshit marketing in a barely-related thread with a MAGA hat that was photoshopped to say "Make Warhammer Great Again."

PST
Jul 5, 2012

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/TabletopGame/Zweihander

Creating and writing your own tvtropes page must be a new low.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

PST posted:

It's a pretty old low actually

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

PST posted:

:lol: I forgot they just straight rip off the whole rat catcher, "small but vicious dog" and Skaven thing whole hog.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

That Old Tree posted:

:lol: I forgot they just straight rip off the whole rat catcher, "small but vicious dog" and Skaven thing whole hog.
Not the worst thing to rip off, in all fairness.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Zweihander dude actually tried to shill here, which... while futile, was at least an impressive depth of hustle.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Andrast posted:

It's a pretty old low actually

Yeah. Remember when a group's personal X-Men fanfic project Thing used to take up most of the page for every trope? No? Good. But it happened.

Haystack posted:

Zweihander dude actually tried to shill here, which... while futile, was at least an impressive depth of hustle.

He paid ten bucks so we could tell him we didn't care and to go away. I wonder if he can write that off on his taxes.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
He paid ten bucks which means he basically lost money on the copy that The Old Tree bought, lol owned

thefakenews
Oct 20, 2012
His style is extremely grating, but I think it might be working for him. I grabbed the pdf for free at some point but that somehow, completely unintentionally on my part, resulted in me selling two friends on buying the hardcover rulebook.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

I can't find what the Diana Jones award actually is for.

This was kind of the last hurrah for Zweihander as WFRP comes out soon and it has way better art and fluff

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

alg posted:

I can't find what the Diana Jones award actually is for.

Actual Play, the concept. It got accepted by a bunch of people, of which the only one I recognized was James D'mato of the One Shot network.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Haystack posted:

Actual Play, the concept. It got accepted by a bunch of people, of which the only one I recognized was James D'mato of the One Shot network.

Yeah I saw that. What is the category for? It was up against stuff like Harlem Unbound.

Edit: getting my threads mixed up

alg fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Aug 4, 2018

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

alg posted:

Yeah I saw that. What is the category for? It was up against stuff like Harlem Unbound.

Edit: getting my threads mixed up

Ah, right. The Diana Jones Award is its own thing, dictinct from the ENnies: it's basically a bunch of industry insiders at the indie end of things voting on which big thing in roleplaying they thought was most important this year.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

alg posted:

This was kind of the last hurrah for Zweihander as WFRP comes out soon and it has way better art and fluff

Yea I can't really care about this because it's just a giant kiss goodbye. "Alright, you weren't actively offensive and I guess you kinda filled the void for some of us while we waited for the better thing you were aping to come back, see ya".

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Wait, so starfinger didn't win? I'm okay with that.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

dwarf74 posted:

Wait, so starfinger didn't win? I'm okay with that.

Starfinger wasn't even in the running for the Diana Jones. The candidates for that one were the 200 Word RPG Challenge, the concept of the Actual Play, the Analog Game Studios academic journal, the board game Charterstone, and the RPG Harlem Unbound.

http://www.dianajonesaward.org

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Mors Rattus posted:

Starfinger wasn't even in the running for the Diana Jones. The candidates for that one were the 200 Word RPG Challenge, the concept of the Actual Play, the Analog Game Studios academic journal, the board game Charterstone, and the RPG Harlem Unbound.

http://www.dianajonesaward.org
I was talking Ennies.

And I have a hunch the Zweihander guy figured out some way to stuff the ballots because that shilling motherfucker seems the type.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ennies are based on a public vote. He wouldn't have had to try too hard.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
https://twitter.com/HoldenShearer/status/1025423793601306624

So is Holden talking about the feeding rules here that use the really confusing sex metaphor, or are there other rules in V5 that let you roll to force a sensual partner to go further than they are comfortable consenting to normally?

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
The latter. Holden would know all about those kinds of rules from his work on Exalted 3e, after all.

EDIT: In other words, there's no end to the amount of gross poo poo in new Vampire due to the edgy alt-right courting assholes in charge of it. Exalted 3e has the paper thing protection that you can't use its rape charms on PCs, though NPCs are still a-ok; Holden is at least partly responsible for that, whatever whiny mouth noises the abuser shielding rear end in a top hat makes now.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Aug 4, 2018

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
why would charterstone be up for a nomination out of all board games from 2017? it's bad and has received basically zero critical praise. indeed people say the first two games are basically 2-hour long tutorials and the game takes at least 7+ sessions (out of 12) to even start teasing anything mechanically interesting

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Stuffing the ballot box.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Apparently someone in this thread really loves stanning for Holden and Exalted rape charms, and also lacks basic reading comprehension, or is just too stupid to understand that two things can be bad at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Apparently someone in this thread really loves stanning for Holden and Exalted rape charms, and also lacks basic reading comprehension, or is just too stupid to understand that two things can be bad at the same time.

I think someone's upset you insulted their waifu exalted