Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

RBA Starblade posted:

I get 50/50 on Fios for 80. :negative:

drat dude where. I live in a small city of 30,000 people and we have gigabit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

mastershakeman posted:

That sounds insanely hard. Can you at least get skills?

Also Yakuza PC is hilarious in 640 pixels. Kotaku has a big article on how bad it looks

Yeah, skills are allowed. It isnt as hard as it sounds because your weapon level contributes a lot more than your stats at least on normal difficulty Obviously you'll die in few hits but in coop you have limited revives so that helps a bit.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

RareAcumen posted:

Same, exclusives are bullshit.

I disagree, I spent money on my console therefore I demand that games be made only for this system so that I can express my giant erection authority over those who don't have this console.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The best I can get here is 16000/2000 DSL lmao.

Also day 1 patches regularly take several hours for me. We're not talking about ye' olde 360 games, but the 10GB minimum downloads you have to routinely do just so the disc version gets updated from games journalist to retail edition.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I love exclusives but in the Sony and Nintendo way of putting out games with connected idiosyncrasies. There’s a better way to word that but I’m running on empty here. The two companies have done a great job deciding on their exclusive focus and brand.

I’ve seen a lot of this Yakuza 0 early chapter stuff before but man I started laughing really hard when the karaoke scene shifted into a full live performance/music video. Game ruuuuules.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

verbal enema posted:

Who here picked up Elite Dangerous let's hook up and get mad at fumbling over your control when drunk and sending yourself careening into space like Darth vader for an hour

I know this is from like a billion pages back but hi I have Elite: Dangerous and my PSN is CaptSpacebeard also I can invite you to the community where there are literally 4 of us that play this game.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

I have 1G Google Fiber, so for now, everything is hunky-dory with my Internet.

Sometimes I'll delete all the Doom updates just so I can download them again!

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Ive uninstalled FFXV at least twice after completing it once.

"Yeah these first 30 mins are pretty cool oh well thats enough for me"

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

WaltherFeng posted:

Ive uninstalled FFXV at least twice after completing it once.

"Yeah these first 30 mins are pretty cool oh well thats enough for me"

It doesn’t help that game is huge. I love it but I only have a 500GB hard drive and it takes up like a fifth of the available space.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Inspector Hound posted:

Oh my god supply loving lines

I got it when i read the specific order in which you needed to blow up the trucks, and i remember it seeming like a bizarre solution no one would have come up with without googling it

I remember the consensus was not just that, but unless the trucks took a certain path (it was different each time), it was impossible to complete no matter what order you tried

Crows Turn Off posted:

I have 1G Google Fiber, so for now, everything is hunky-dory with my Internet.

Sometimes I'll delete all the Doom updates just so I can download them again!

I don't think I have ever approached my internet speed capacity on my PS4, and I have it hardwired to my router

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Yakuza 0 is extremely compelling! Sometimes I get antsy and the adhd starts poppin’ in games with long cutscenes and dialogue but with this I’m totally in for the ride. I need answers! I need justice!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Been playing a bit of Rain World and I want to like this game so much, but I really don't know what they were thinking making something this hostile and obtuse. Supposedly there a wall you can push past that can really make you appreciate it more, but I don't think I'm willing to find it. Very unique and beautiful game though. Glad I only paid $5 for it.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I thought the old MS patch policy was good in theory (one patch free, then you pay to release more) because theoretically it should encourage businesses to not release broken poo poo

Of course in reality it just meant that broken poo poo sometimes got marginally less broken and then ignored forever, because lol :capitalism:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I nabbed the 7 day trial of PS Now specifically so I could play Alpha Protocol, but it doesn't show up in the search or on the full games list. Is it not available in NA or something?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

So, I have a little issue with account stuff (and all my searches made no result):

I want to be able to play PES2018 with my nephew and be able to use the option file I installed with the User1 account I made for him but it seems that an offline account (not using a PSN login) can't see user generated content. So the thing goes like this, I turn up my PS4, log in with my main account, nephew powers up 2nd controller and uses said User1 (like I always did with my xbox360), launch PES2018 and go to the single match mode and the "you can't see user generated media if you aren't logged into PSN" and then all I see is the normal kits and default non real team names. Do I need to create a fully fledged PSN account for this?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Guillermus posted:

So, I have a little issue with account stuff (and all my searches made no result):

I want to be able to play PES2018 with my nephew and be able to use the option file I installed with the User1 account I made for him but it seems that an offline account (not using a PSN login) can't see user generated content. So the thing goes like this, I turn up my PS4, log in with my main account, nephew powers up 2nd controller and uses said User1 (like I always did with my xbox360), launch PES2018 and go to the single match mode and the "you can't see user generated media if you aren't logged into PSN" and then all I see is the normal kits and default non real team names. Do I need to create a fully fledged PSN account for this?

if you want to do anything that requires you to be online for any reason (like downloading user-created content), they both have to be PSN accounts (and one probably has to be PS+, but that's you, I assume)

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

morallyobjected posted:

if you want to do anything that requires you to be online for any reason (like downloading user-created content), they both have to be PSN accounts (and one probably has to be PS+, but that's you, I assume)

Yes, I have PS+ and my account is set as primary, with all the bells and whistles. Problem is that the only game that doesn't let me use all features with that lovely offline User1 account is PES2018 because it can use user created content, while games with Overcooked, King of Fighters XIV or whatever else let me co-op with no restrictions. I don't have the "sub account" thing but family member, maybe should I try that and set an email so it's an online account?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Guillermus posted:

Yes, I have PS+ and my account is set as primary, with all the bells and whistles. Problem is that the only game that doesn't let me use all features with that lovely offline User1 account is PES2018 because it can use user created content, while games with Overcooked, King of Fighters XIV or whatever else let me co-op with no restrictions. I don't have the "sub account" thing but family member, maybe should I try that and set an email so it's an online account?

yeah. I mean, you don't have to do the family account thing, though you certainly can if you want to. for my son, I just have it set up with his age so he can't open any games at a rating higher than I want him to. I think you can also restrict what kinds of things they can do online, but I haven't worried about it enough to check since he just plays local stuff.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. There's a workaround on PES games where, with just the main user logged, can go to a friendly match, select teams (with my custom data working), go to the strategy/kit select, then log in with User1, go back to team select and It'll work. After finishing the match you can only select either play again with same teams or select different teams, anything that involves going to the main screen will show the "not allowed to see user created content".

Kind of silly but I guess the parental control stuff really got stuffed into this generation.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

beep by grandpa posted:

Take this with a grain of salt cuz I'm a RPT. Radical Physical Traditionalist (who doesn't mind day 1 patches tbh). Anyway I don't like digital only for a variety of reasons but a big one is cause psn servers are slow as gently caress. My ps4 is hardwired into my network and it should take 2 minutes to dl a 1.5gb game/patch not 45min+. gently caress that.

Fwiw I'm a red-blooded American G.A.M.E.R. (NOT a virgin either) living in the city of brotherly love with a fast af comcast connection I pay big bucks for and comcast is even HQ'd here and I can look outside my window at work right now and look upon their big stupid monolithic half-life 2 citadel Dr. Comcast-Breen dropped on us 10 years ago (which apparently wasn't enough cause they're building a second, bigger, dumber one right now that looks like a big stupid as hell vape kit..pls come visit me in my city so I can tell you about this gigantic dumbass building making GBS threads up the skyline).

bet a lot of substories go on in those streets.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Escobarbarian posted:

I get 200mb for £48, which only just went up from £43

from who? surely not a tory city.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Hope you're all having a great Friday everyone
https://twitter.com/Moom_light/status/1024684070469623808?s=19

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Kilometers Davis posted:

Yakuza 0 is extremely compelling! Sometimes I get antsy and the adhd starts poppin’ in games with long cutscenes and dialogue but with this I’m totally in for the ride. I need answers! I need justice!

let us know how you felt during the end of chapter 1. how much blood was pumping through your veins during the dropkick, how you stood up and screamed in joy irl

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

The original post is true though.

They need to GTFO and make way for someone who isn’t a judgmental shithead and will actually support their partners interests.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

https://twitter.com/fuzzlekins/status/1025320896913911808

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Montalvo posted:

I know this is from like a billion pages back but hi I have Elite: Dangerous and my PSN is CaptSpacebeard also I can invite you to the community where there are literally 4 of us that play this game.

PSN Mein1Gott let's do this!

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Kilometers Davis posted:

I love exclusives but in the Sony and Nintendo way of putting out games with connected idiosyncrasies. There’s a better way to word that but I’m running on empty here. The two companies have done a great job deciding on their exclusive focus and brand.

I’ve seen a lot of this Yakuza 0 early chapter stuff before but man I started laughing really hard when the karaoke scene shifted into a full live performance/music video. Game ruuuuules.

Just wait til you play Kiwami and get a call to meet Majima at the club...

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Deadguy2322 posted:

Just wait til you play Kiwami and get a call to meet Majima at the club...

and that's not in-game :wiggle:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Kilometers Davis posted:

Nahhh :love: hello BP what games are you playing lately?

I started downloading Yakuza 0 a few minutes ago just in case I submit to the urge and want to add another huge long game to the mix lol

I slammed through Until Dawn with a few homies the other day. Unfortunately we were unable to save crazy Josh's head from being smashed like a watermelon.

We also played a bunch of Towerfall, which has held up better than almost every other couch multiplayer game of the last half decade.

That's pretty much it for games, which aren't really a summer habit for me. Planning on Starting Yakuza 0 so I can finish it by fall. Updates to come.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

On that note, I suggested HZD to my wife based on this thread and she absolutely loved it, so I'm passing along her thanks for the recommendation! She's going to play Witcher 3 next.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I beat HZD+DLC. I have a few more linear games to beat so I don't get exhausted from open world stuff. I'm about halfway Killzone and 2/3rds of TLoU. Also BF Hardline sp (1/3rd of it). Decisions decisions.

After loving HZD, which one should I play, Mafia 3 when it goes free or just start Nier:A?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Do Nier for more good video game babes

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Vikar Jerome posted:

from who? surely not a tory city.

On Virgin Media in south-east London. It also doesn’t break all the time like every other person I know who uses Virgin! Feel pretty fortunate tbh

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Headline in local Chicago paper

quote:

Mental health advocates battle ‘gangster’ alderman Willie Cochran for empty lot

Oh poo poo!!

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Life imitates art

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Thankful for the thread's discretion with regard to the boat in Y0.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Quote-Unquote posted:

I thought the old MS patch policy was good in theory (one patch free, then you pay to release more) because theoretically it should encourage businesses to not release broken poo poo

Of course in reality it just meant that broken poo poo sometimes got marginally less broken and then ignored forever, because lol :capitalism:

it didnt exist as some kind of attempt to encourage anyone to not release broken poo poo, it existed for microsoft to get a shitload of free money for a practice they know is unavoidable and will be blamed on the publishers/devs while microsoft gets to pretend to have some kind of moral high ground. it was a no lose policy for them that just resulted in more broken games.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

This page needs a bit of Order brought to it!

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I've never played a Far Cry game before, but I keep being tempted when I see 5 go on sale because zipping around in a wingsuit and shooting rednecks and hunting with a cougar buddy sounds really fun.

But then I hear literally anything else about the game and talk myself out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'd say FC5 is strictly a $25 or less experience, nothing more.