Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Handgun Phonics posted:

• A way to mitigate damage - Medic
  • A way to disable the enemy - Medic
  • A way to recover health - Medic
  • A way to deal damage (x2) - Medic and Medic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
I want to run Nightseeker/Arcanist/Ninja/War Magus/Harbinger.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I did
Hero / Protector
War Magus / Zodiac / Survivalist

On Heroic. It was near impossible for the first 2 hours or so, now it's kinda easy. This series always has early game problems, because every single one of your dudes is completely useless until you get like 6 or 7 skill points at least.

BabyRyoga fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Aug 3, 2018

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Grashbar posted:

Probably around a year, if Deep Silver is on the ball.

I don't think Deep Silver has much influence over American release dates.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Clarste posted:

My philosophy for party composition is "gently caress it, just take whatever seems cool."
:yeah:

sure the games aren't easy but they are not nearly hard enough to not take the cool stuff

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

My current planned party is:

Highlander/?
Nightseeker/Pugilist
Pugilist/Nightseeker
Arcanist/?
Sovereign/Protector

Highlander's kit didn't actually appeal to me that much, but Blood Fortune seems too good to pass up in an ailment/bind-focused party. And Bloody Offense in a team with a Pugi and Pugi subclass sounds like :getin:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Landie
Landie
Hero
Who cares
Who cares

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

welp, my blood is on fire now.

hopefully Atlus USA is a bit on top of this one since the 3DS is on the way out production-wise; the sooner I can get this the better.

as an aside, what ended up being the options for tanks? Hero/Protector?

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Clarste posted:

My philosophy for party composition is "gently caress it, just take whatever seems cool."

Which is why my party is Imperial/Landsnecht/Shogun, Gunner/Arcanist.

If there's another way to play I don't want to hear a drat word about it.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
https://twitter.com/Persona_Central/status/1025295134848503808?s=19

Oh hey, this existed. Remember it?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
mmmmmmmmmmm

eeeeeeeeeeh

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Looking forward to all those barely 2 dimensional characters being boiled down to their most obvious gimmick and never shutting the gently caress up

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Yeah, I was wondering what the radio silence regarding this game was about.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

SpaceDrake posted:

welp, my blood is on fire now.

hopefully Atlus USA is a bit on top of this one since the 3DS is on the way out production-wise; the sooner I can get this the better.

as an aside, what ended up being the options for tanks? Hero/Protector?

A couple of classes have the ability to cast Provoke on other people, which is almost like tanking if you squint. I got through the first stratum by having my Shogun cast taunt on my Imperial, who spent every random battle just defending. Luckily it helps that the shogun’s counterattack formation is super strong for an early game ability. It’s actually stronger than a Drive skill at low levels, and costs 80% less TP on a class with a bigger TP pool.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Aug 3, 2018

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Okay, I’ve thought up a flawless plan. Shogun has a move that targets an ally row and makes it so that if anyone in the row is attacked, everyone in the party with a gun or a bow will counterattack (for 125-200% damage, according to datamining). However, the in-game description clarified that this also counts weapons equipped as subweapons. So you can have everyone subclass as gunner or survivalist and do a 1000% (sort of) counterattack every turn with no set-up, while the rest of the party continues to do their own thing. The only downside is that you have to make everyone into gunners and waste an equipment slot on guns.

Clearly I should do this. I just hope Drive Blades don’t have that arbitrary “no subweapons” clause anymore.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Aug 3, 2018

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
War Magus and Farmers can also equip guns.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I can see Farmer, but War Magus? :psyduck:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

This is amazing news that makes me want to do this even more.

Wiffle
Jan 5, 2014

Clarste posted:

This is amazing news that makes me want to do this even more.

This is exactly what I was waiting for when I was waiting for the numbers. It's the perfect level of memery.

werbear
Jan 14, 2017

blizzardvizard posted:

War.
War has changed.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

War Magus is even weirder in Japanese where instead of “war” the theme is more like “shaman”. Shaman Blade skills, etc. Shaman guns?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

blizzardvizard posted:

They can't.

Farmers can, though.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Dr. Fetus posted:

They can't.

The character in question. A standard, non-subclassed War Magus.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Incidentally, who can equip bows?

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
Sorry. The walkthrough site I was using as a reference lied to me.

Survivalist is the only class who can use bows.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
farmers with guns you say

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Unfortunately they never have an ATK higher than 5 when equipping guns.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I just bought EOV after loving IV so much and I just got to the part where the innkeeper is making bread, or is t-RYE-ing to and I love this game 100 times more than EOIV now.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
The returning dungeons are definitely hewing closer to the original game's layouts than I expected, it's cool but I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the first floor of the EO4 first stratum literally being a direct copy / paste from EO4's first floor layout.
Though if the EO4 sections mark the return of smaller "cave" dungeons I guess we will be seeing a lot more original designs in the EO 1-3 version.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

Item Getter posted:

The returning dungeons are definitely hewing closer to the original game's layouts than I expected, it's cool but I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the first floor of the EO4 first stratum literally being a direct copy / paste from EO4's first floor layout.
Though if the EO4 sections mark the return of smaller "cave" dungeons I guess we will be seeing a lot more original designs in the EO 1-3 version.

Lush Woodlands B1F is the only straight copy and paste AFAIK.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

RegalStar posted:

Lush Woodlands B1F is the only straight copy and paste AFAIK.

The Furyfawn dungeon is a copy paste, too.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Ragnar Homsar posted:

The Furyfawn dungeon is a copy paste, too.

Yeah I noticed that one as well which is why I started to worry it would be a continuing trend.

Handgun Phonics
Jan 7, 2012
They'll probably wait until like, a trap hole floor, or a no-radar floor to abruptly change everything.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

theshim posted:

farmers with guns you say

I'm looking forward to the rematch with Raditz.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

So if I'm reading the data table right, at max level, Endless Shroud now has a 100% chance of recasting Miasma Armor when you use a debuff, and Residual Miasma cuts Miasma Armor duration by 3 instead of removing it when you use Atonement or such.

This sure makes Harbinger's whole support skill tree look a lot more appealing; I might go for that first instead of going for Ephemeral Reap. Their STR took a big hit anyway.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

blizzardvizard posted:

So if I'm reading the data table right, at max level, Endless Shroud now has a 100% chance of recasting Miasma Armor when you use a debuff, and Residual Miasma cuts Miasma Armor duration by 3 instead of removing it when you use Atonement or such.

This sure makes Harbinger's whole support skill tree look a lot more appealing; I might go for that first instead of going for Ephemeral Reap. Their STR took a big hit anyway.

After using a debuff/ailment Harbinger, I have to admit that Endless Shroud being 100% could be kind of overpowered unless they change how it works--you could forgo casting Miasma Armor entirely because it always adds 3 when it procs. drat that's crazy.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Yeah I always thought the problem with Harbingers' kit is their bad action economy if you want to make full use of it, since you need to recast Miasma Armor manually every so often. With 100% Endless Shroud, Residual Miasma, and their Force Boost helping to keep up Miasma Armor, now they seem like a great support class who can also bring decent damage on the side, if still rather SP-hungry.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I guess because my Harbinger is a Celestrian, I never noticed :v:

Front row unit second most TP

Handgun Phonics
Jan 7, 2012

blizzardvizard posted:

They seem to be trying to buff the stance mechanics, as with Ronin- ways to enter the stance automatically, extending the duration, recasting, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svrbt-iuTDs