Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I finally got an NCOIC and he's one of those 92Ys that makes it seem really easy to acquire things that are generally considered difficult to find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
So a thief?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I don't know, I don't ask him where he gets it

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mustang posted:

I finally got an NCOIC and he's one of those 92Ys that makes it seem really easy to acquire things that are generally considered difficult to find.

mlmp08 posted:

So a thief?

Mustang posted:

It's not theft, its an acquisition. Gear adrift is a gift.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
If it’s anything like my S4 NCOIC he’s a mason and they just call a fellow mason and poo poo shows up off the books. The only time I saw a unit supply room fail an inspection was when they weren’t a mason. Weirdest poo poo.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

If it’s anything like my S4 NCOIC he’s a mason and they just call a fellow mason and poo poo shows up off the books. The only time I saw a unit supply room fail an inspection was when they weren’t a mason. Weirdest poo poo.

One of the E-6s I knew in the navy is apparently a mason now. The fucks the deal with that?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Secret butt buddies with gold rings

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Navy supply has some masons in it, but there's a different mafia that runs that department as a whole. It helps more to speak tagalog than it does to have have a masonic ring.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Mustang posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VscgG6YfNMA

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Navy supply has some masons in it, but there's a different mafia that runs that department as a whole. It helps more to speak tagalog than it does to have have a masonic ring.

FMF

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Mr. Nice! posted:

If you meet a black Chief Petty Officer it's over 50% they're a mason. Bonus points guess what the sticker array on their truck is!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I don't know what it's like now but 10 years ago if you wanted to make E7 as a combat engineer you almost always had to be a mason.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Weird, this is the first time I've heard anyone mention any kind of Mason connection in regards to the Army

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
My understanding at the time was that it was very clustered in specific areas.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Masons are pretty big in the army man

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
if you havent noticed its because they don't want you too because they think you're a square loser scrub fyi

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Mustang posted:

Weird, this is the first time I've heard anyone mention any kind of Mason connection in regards to the Army
Maybe because youre an officer. They are only enlisted it seems.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Soulex posted:

Maybe because youre an officer. They are only enlisted it seems.

Nah, I've seen some pretty senior ranking officers rocking Mason rings.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

mlmp08 posted:

Nah, I've seen some pretty senior ranking officers rocking Mason rings.

Oh wow. Ive only seen enlisted. Like how officers have that west point clique.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby
I had a bunch of masons in my last unit but maybe it was the unit culture and the 92F life. All enlisted E4-7.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

mods changed my name posted:

if you havent noticed its because they don't want you too because they think you're a square loser scrub fyi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZI_aEalijE

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.
Friday, 1700, new CO: ”you guys have done Well on gunnery, and havent had a break in a month. Come back to work on wednesday”

Friday, 2145, 4 beers down: ”hey battalion said brigade has too few non-deadlined tanks, and Its making them look bad. Motorpool 0900 to open the Tanks for mechanics.

Or maybe m1s are just designed to be Bio-degradable to be more enviromentally friendly.

MODEDIT: ~snip~

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Aug 4, 2018

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
be glad you never had to deal with AVLBs

nothing like having a hydraulics line bust and spray your rear end with stuff that says 'this product contains known carcinogens, do not expose to skin' and also is considered a theatre-level asset so you get some loving goober from division++ calling every week asking why it's busted

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Army is dumb as hell and I just roll my eyes when a lifer talks about "taking care of soldiers"

Army leadership isn't particularly impressive, not sure why civilians equate military service with leadership ability

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Mustang posted:

Army leadership isn't particularly impressive, not sure why civilians equate military service with leadership ability

Because all humans are dumb. It never ends.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Mustang posted:

Army is dumb as hell and I just roll my eyes when a lifer talks about "taking care of soldiers"

guess what they dont

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

mods changed my name posted:

guess what they dont

Have you met the cabinet of POTUS, as appointed by a civilian who never served? Military leadership, best leadership.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Valtonen posted:

Friday, 1700, new CO: ”you guys have done Well on gunnery, and havent had a break in a month. Come back to work on wednesday”

Friday, 2145, 4 beers down: ”hey battalion said brigade has too few non-deadlined tanks, and Its making them look bad. Motorpool 0900 to open the Tanks for mechanics.

Or maybe m1s are just designed to be Bio-degradable to be more enviromentally friendly.

MODEDIT: ~snip~

Please do not discuss specific unit readiness numbers.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Schrodinger's dispatch book: every vehicle is simultaneously deadlined and mission capable.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Naked Bear posted:

Schrodinger's dispatch book: every vehicle is simultaneously deadlined and mission capable.

Circle X bitch

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Never ceases to amaze me how many people flip the AFES switch during PMCS and deadline their vehicle when the TM just says inspect it, not flip the loving thing.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Mustang posted:

Its the paradigm that exists through cultivation theory. Our media portrays us as badasses who dive into battle and scream and roar.

Not waking up at 3AM to wait in line to draw weapons at the MP and then wait all goddamn day teying to kill boredom while those soldier who cant get right continue to drag everyone down. They dont understand stupid poo poo like stacking on a portapotty.

Its evident who takes care of soldiers by the behavior of the soldiers.

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.

Mustang posted:

Never ceases to amaze me how many people flip the AFES switch during PMCS and deadline their vehicle when the TM just says inspect it, not flip the loving thing.

we had a mechanic who got injured by a faulty fire bottle- removing the bottle was needed to install a part, and on reinstalling the bottle ... poof.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Well, let me ask you this:
Have you ever towed a vehicle going into the box?
I remember one time I towed a vehicle into the box
And the OC came and shined his god gun on me, and I said

I'm towin'
That's what I'm doin'
I be towin'

I tow it to the east
And I tow it to the west
And I tow it for the XO that I love the best
I be towin'

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mustang posted:

In five years of heavy weapons infantry with absolute retards I have never seen that

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I make it a point in my job to start every conversation with my leadership and mentoring talks with "well in the military this is how we do it..."

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Nice and hot piss posted:

I make it a point in my job to start every conversation with my leadership and mentoring talks with "well in the military this is how we do it..."

It’s not a bad method, showing the wrong way before you show them the right way :shrug:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's not right or wrong it's just the army way hooah

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Sup sir, lets chronicle the fall.

Mustang posted:

I must have the dumbest luck in the Army because my time in so far has been mostly pretty painless.

The PL I replaced had a horrible handover with the guy he replaced so he went out of his way to make it as easy as possible for me. One day I was told I was heading to a platoon and to starting doing layouts immediately and when I show up he already has a working property book with shortage annexes and TMs and poo poo for me. I was able to do property for an entire stryker scout platoon in about 3 hours, not counting the time it took for the guys to lay it all out.

My commander is probably the best in the unit and offers constructive criticism and teaches you instead of crushing your balls when you make a mistake. I actually worked for him for a few weeks in S3 when I first showed up before he went and took command which is what landed me this platoon in the first place.

Mustang posted:

I was born on Bragg and later lived there again while growing up and was determined to never live there again.

My dad was SF and his opinion of the 82nd also kind of influenced my own.

How did you not know what you were in for.

Mustang posted:

I live in Tacoma and love it out here. So much poo poo to do in every direction. I'm sure Lakewood is a shithole but I never do more than drive past it on I-5 so I have no idea what it's actually like.

You would have to have some sort of mental disability to be stationed at Lewis and not be able to find something fun to do in your free time.

Tinder game is also really good out here.

ya man, good command, good living, pussy slaying, hooyah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I might hate my life and job and boss but at least the baby momma game is fierce!