Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

Back when it was first releasing, there was this guy I talked to because we were both in the same club at university. So there was a girl in the same club that this guy liked and he was trying to convince her to go out with him (she wasn't sure if she should mainly because she liked him but didn't want to distract herself from uni stuff iirc) and she eventually decided to just go ahead and go out with him. They hit it off, they liked each other, though this guy was definitely pretty strange, like he'd say stuff like "You know, if I was forced to shoot someone, I don't think I'd feel anything" just brought up out of nowhere and that kinda stuff was just... :yikes:

ANYWAY, so skyrim comes out and this guy is super excited for it. He goes, he gets it, and he plays it, and he is so utterly ecstatic about it that he gets his gf to play it and she likes it as well. He tells everybody he knows about how much he loves skyrim and how great it is.

Then he started talking about how he had skyrim sex.

His gf eventually broke up with him, I forget the specifics but I know one of the reasons was because when they'd have sex of any kind, he would need to be playing skyrim. Like, he needed the skyrim to be there, he needed to be playing it in addition to the sex because he didn't want to potentially miss out on time that could be spent playing skyrim. He was just absolutely obsessed with skyrim sex. Then he left after that semester and so did his ex-gf and idk what's going on with him now but I guess at least he isn't wanting for skyrim availability. Dude just has to find another girl that'll want to let him gently caress her while he games.
FAK, no joke I think this guy might literally be the person referred to in this episode of MBMBAM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOHs183SaWQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Galaxy brain: WaluigiWare

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
welp. i didn't want to refund yakuza 0, i wanted to play it. but i got sick of hearing absolutely nothing from the devs or their community outreach employees so they can go gently caress themselves.

now i have an extra $20 and a lot of ennui, because the only thing i wanted to do was loving play yakuza 0.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

welp. i didn't want to refund yakuza 0, i wanted to play it. but i got sick of hearing absolutely nothing from the devs or their community outreach employees so they can go gently caress themselves.

now i have an extra $20 and a lot of ennui, because the only thing i wanted to do was loving play yakuza 0.
itll be fixed in like a week dude

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
maybe so but gently caress 'em. money is the only thing that makes the world go round, so by depriving them of mine, maybe they'll fix this for someone else, faster. but i myself won't be rebuying it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It's on PS4

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

if i had a ps4 i would've played yakuza 0 on the ps4. same for ff15. but i do not.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

now time to buy yakuza kiwami

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Fair enough. Sounds like they skimped on the PC port.

Kinda sucks because I know there's a goon on here who worked on it and was super excited about it

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
when will they port the old time samurai yakuza

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

bloodychill posted:

I think you'll find girls who transform into world war 2 era battleships are far more powerful.

it's the most powerful when men on twitter dress up as them

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i don't know but i do know that when they do it'll crash whenever kazuma punches something

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

The White Dragon posted:

maybe so but gently caress 'em. money is the only thing that makes the world go round, so by depriving them of mine, maybe they'll fix this for someone else, faster. but i myself won't be rebuying it.

It'll literally make no difference and, frankly, you're way too intense over this.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

idk, its reasonable to expect the things you buy to work, and when they don't have those problems acknowledged. idk how widespread of an issue it is but I would be disappointed and frustrated also

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Samuringa posted:

It'll literally make no difference and, frankly, you're way too intense over this.

Nah paying money for a game and then wasting hours trying to get it to work because the devs made a lovely port loving sucks.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
I'm all for refunding, but when you sound like a middle-aged woman who's mad at a cashier maybe it's time to take a minute for a breather

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

FAK, no joke I think this guy might literally be the person referred to in this episode of MBMBAM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOHs183SaWQ

Hahahaha

The name doesn't match up but yeah that's basically what it was, though this guy was playing a console version iirc not a pc version

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i can get being pissed off that that the port didn't work but. i don't know why you're going to make an oath to never rebuy it even if it does get fixed

that uh. sounds very self-defeating

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
i was almost baited into buying a videogame by people saying it was good so im glad this guys really mad about it, to help dissuade me

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

DisDisDis posted:

i was almost baited into buying a videogame by people saying it was good so im glad this guys really mad about it, to help dissuade me
save your money for shenmue

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I haven't played Shenmue but love Yakuza so I'm going to buy the remaster and be disappointed probably

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

I haven't played Shenmue but love Yakuza so I'm going to buy the remaster and be disappointed probably
they are nothing alike, not even remotely, and anyone that tells you otherwise is either lying or doesn't understand

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

In a fight between Kiryu and Ryo, how many heat actions could Kiryu get off before Ryo Literally Died

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

In a fight between Kiryu and Ryo, how many heat actions could Kiryu get off before Ryo Literally Died

Kazuma Kiryu Has Never Killed A Person In His Life so this hypothesis is invalid

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

My Kiryu has definitely thrown people off buildings and I’m only like three hours in

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

ryo would show him a gacha prize and the fight would be over before it even started

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Also I’ve been RP-walking around Tokyo and it’s fun to experience the ambient sounds

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

My Kiryu has definitely thrown people off buildings and I’m only like three hours in

They were fine.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The Colonel posted:

i can get being pissed off that that the port didn't work but. i don't know why you're going to make an oath to never rebuy it even if it does get fixed

that uh. sounds very self-defeating

It's a principle thing. I feel burned so I don't want to give them my business until they sort the poo poo in their house that made me refund it in the first place. Keep in mind that I'm actually not too mad that it's taking so long to get a patch, but more that their community managers acknowledged one issue officially a few hours after launch, and then refused to post ANY updates after that.

Like if any of Sega's many community managers had said "Ok here's a list of things we know of that we're gonna try to fix. This takes time and it probably won't come out until next Wednesday at the earliest"--and honestly it wouldn't even have to have my specific problem listed on it--then I'd probably be fine with this whole thing.

My problem is that I, among other people, am having a problem that makes the game completely unplayable, and their reps' official stance on it so far has been, "I'm glad you're liking this game!"

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
how casual is the combat in yakuza

neir automata was too hard for me to beat on automode and i don't want to be burned by another real time videogame

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

homeless snail posted:

ryo would show him a gacha prize and the fight would be over before it even started

ryo pulls out a tiny gachapon opa opa. kiryu pulls out the ufo catcher opa opa. they play out the final battle of fantasy zone with the gachapon toy as opa opa and the ufo catcher plush as opapa

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

DisDisDis posted:

neir automata was too hard for me to beat on automode and i don't want to be burned by another real time videogame

boss fights can get rough early on but the game lets you stock a ton of max heal items and you unlock fighting styles that let you smash through weaker enemies pretty easily, plus the pc port gives you a bunch of free item dlcs that give you a shotgun and a pistol that both do a ton of damage, and also a lightsaber

this is on hard so normal and easy are probably not super hard either

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

DisDisDis posted:

I’m playing on Normal but it’s still kind of tough for me right now. During the chapter one climax, I died three times to a miniboss and twice to the big boss.

Also, I’m on your side White Dragon. But I would recommend not giving up on the game entirely. Maybe wait for it to go on sale in a few months?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

DisDisDis posted:

on easy you can just mash your way through the whole thing, and you'll be swimming in energy drinks to restore health

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The Colonel posted:

boss fights can get rough early on but the game lets you stock a ton of max heal items and you unlock fighting styles that let you smash through weaker enemies pretty easily, plus the pc port gives you a bunch of free item dlcs that give you a shotgun and a pistol that both do a ton of damage, and also a lightsaber

this is on hard so normal and easy are probably not super hard either

Do those items appear later in the game because I don’t think I have them

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Jay Rust posted:

go to the temple and talk to the clown, it's marked as a shop on your map

it's not even that necessary for the free healing items cause they're just items you can buy for like 7000 yen at the drug store

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah honestly Yakuza games are fine on easy, unless you're gunning for all achievements (don't do this)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

If you're in the Chapter 1 finale fight sequence, look for bottles of healing drink on the floor.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The Colonel posted:

go to the temple and talk to the clown, it's marked as a shop on your map

it's not even that necessary for the free healing items cause they're just items you can buy for like 7000 yen at the drug store

Thanks!

Really Pants posted:

If you're in the Chapter 1 finale fight sequence, look for bottles of healing drink on the floor.

No I did beat the finale, I was referring to these dlc items. Thanks though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

warioware gold gives me a deep warm fuzzy feeling it rules

• Locked thread