Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the superstructure of whiteness is one of the central pillars that maintains capitalism in the united states. u must dissaccociate urself with whiteness if u can ever hope 2 dismantle it, come on ppl this is 101 stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Im proud to say white people suck rear end

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Bearded Whiteguy posted:

Radical Centrist alert!!! Have you ever considered that by fearing a possible future oppression you are in the way of stopping current oppression?
It's not a future oppression that's concerning me, it's a future 'split' that undermines the possibility of solidarity. If the response to tribalism is more tribalism, 'ironic' or not (and the extent to which it is 'ironic' is not clear cut), the 'tribe' as a legitimate political unit is reinforced.

Let me give you an example: the justification for black nationalism is "due to our oppression by white people, black people need their own state to be free". And morally, it's hard to say no. You can look at police shootings, slavery, modern day slavery in the prison system, etc. That's all costed money, lives, and welfare. So there's definitely 'standing' for secession. But suppose it were to happen: wouldn't that just validate every single piece of rhetoric, that dipshit nazis put out, about how multiculturalism is bad, and you need ethno-nationalism or whatever?

In a world where idpol is the only legitimate response to idpol, there is no room for subversion of the assumptions underlying the whole system. It's just a chain of poo poo, that perpetuates itself, forever and ever, until the heat death.

Grape posted:

Being really really really into economic leftism, but completely uninterested in social leftism is the goddamnest thing to me.
I am not and have never been opposed to social leftism, you gigantic moron. But I base my beliefs on my conviction in human beings as human beings. This woke poo poo is toxic and ultimately self-defeating, which is why I reject it. And for that stance, I have received a never ending parade of poo poo, from narrow minded people, as demonstrated here. Observe the number of meltdowns a simple stance of 'racism is bad' has produced.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 28 days!)

rudatron's worst nightmare

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

rudatron's worst nightmare

And lowtax's

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Dapper_Swindler posted:

wait seriously? has she done that?

oh yeah. she jumped in with both feet on bruenig

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Dapper_Swindler posted:

wait seriously? has she done that?

she was heavily involved in Jacobinghazi on the Marcotte/Kendzior side and she also pushed for, and celebrated, the firing of Matt Bruenig for his tweets, which is deeply ironic (he has come to her defense today and said she doesn’t deserve to be fired which I agree with despite my hilarious joke post)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

selec posted:

oh yeah. she jumped in with both feet on bruenig

thats lovely. :(

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

she was heavily involved in Jacobinghazi on the Marcotte/Kendzior side and she also pushed for, and celebrated, the firing of Matt Bruenig for his tweets, which is deeply ironic (he has come to her defense today and said she doesn’t deserve to be fired which I agree with despite my hilarious joke post)

yeah gently caress her. I don't think she should be fired for her posts but lol gently caress her all the same.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

I am not going to utter the cursed words “rudatron is right” (and he isn’t, gently caress you rudy) but a certain kind of performative over the top hyperwokeness almost always masks deeply reactionary personal politics. see: corncob aiston, chappy, marcotte, etc.

the nyt is so awful Jeong being there can only improve it and I’ll take her eight days a week over bari weiss or Stephens or Sullivan but in an ideal world she’d mark the rightward edge of the discourse in the op ed page

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
its ok to be a honky

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Slugnoid posted:

its ok to be a honky

:wrong:

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i like to make white genocide jokes constantly around PoC to prove i'm an ally. what's wrong with that

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Karl Barks posted:

i like to make white genocide jokes constantly around PoC to prove i'm an ally. what's wrong with that

white people have to Nazi if you even joke about being mean to them.

it’s in their blood.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

rudatron posted:

Observe the number of meltdowns a simple stance of 'racism is bad' has produced.

Refusing to hate white people is racism.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

rudatron posted:

It's not a future oppression that's concerning me, it's a future 'split' that undermines the possibility of solidarity. If the response to tribalism is more tribalism, 'ironic' or not (and the extent to which it is 'ironic' is not clear cut), the 'tribe' as a legitimate political unit is reinforced.

Let me give you an example: the justification for black nationalism is "due to our oppression by white people, black people need their own state to be free". And morally, it's hard to say no. You can look at police shootings, slavery, modern day slavery in the prison system, etc. That's all costed money, lives, and welfare. So there's definitely 'standing' for secession. But suppose it were to happen: wouldn't that just validate every single piece of rhetoric, that dipshit nazis put out, about how multiculturalism is bad, and you need ethno-nationalism or whatever?

In a world where idpol is the only legitimate response to idpol, there is no room for subversion of the assumptions underlying the whole system. It's just a chain of poo poo, that perpetuates itself, forever and ever, until the heat death.

I am not and have never been opposed to social leftism, you gigantic moron. But I base my beliefs on my conviction in human beings as human beings. This woke poo poo is toxic and ultimately self-defeating, which is why I reject it. And for that stance, I have received a never ending parade of poo poo, from narrow minded people, as demonstrated here. Observe the number of meltdowns a simple stance of 'racism is bad' has produced.

I say, as I meltdown hard.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfHus3qt6TM

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

CharlestheHammer posted:

I say, as I meltdown hard.

that's actually just a normal rudatron post

love u ruda <3

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Karl Barks posted:

love u ruda <3

I know Rudatron can’t help but meltdown whenever this gets brought up.

it’s hilariously sad.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

rudatron posted:

Most black nationalists don't want to literally start their own ethnostate, genius. The "black nation" is principled resistance to white supremacy through the development and transmission of beliefs and practices that affirm the dignity and humanity of black americans. And before you go on about how nazis just want to secure the existence of their people and a future for white children, the reason black nationalists feel the need to assert the power of blackness is because they live in a culture that is actively hostile to them in the most extreme degree. Without hyperbole it is self-defense. "Black is beautiful" isn't the equivalent to "white is beautiful" because only one of them counters a destructive message that black people receive every day of their lives.

They don't want to live apart: they want to live free, and they understand that unless America becomes less racist in a meaningful way, that requires a certain amount of defensiveness. If you feel personally attacked by that truth, it's because you're blind to reality and thus part of the problem.

All this "let's not talk about race because it's divisive" idiocy follows from the premise that all people start out on an equal field when it comes to race, so to speak, so any move to center race by one category is morally equivalent to an attempt to center race by another, but cops don't shoot white kids to death for carrying toy trains.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
so wait, i haven't followed this jeong thing but her tweets were actually parodies of andrew sullivan? and sullivan is now freaking out and calling jeong a racist?

holy lol
white expats in china are all like this except for a certain mod

yeah i'm a mod suckass what are you going to do about it punk

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 03:21 on Aug 4, 2018

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

white people have to Nazi if you even joke about being mean to them.

it’s in their blood.

Taking away my racial comfort is violence. Because it makes me violent.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Karl Barks posted:

love u ruda <3

rudatron once made a moral dilemma thread where they got real mad when the moral dilemmas weren't solved the way they wanted it to

i feel like that tells you everything you need to know about them

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

so wait, i haven't followed this jeong thing but her tweets were actually parodies of andrew sullivan? and sullivan is now freaking out that jeong is a racist?

holy lol

That one is the most clear and obvious example that when she says this poo poo it's always mocking. I've followed her for years on twitter, and she made the decision a long time ago to just dish back what the chuds have been throwing at her for years and years and years. They really really don't like her and they are forcing the controversy. She is absolutely a mean, angry troll, and she also happens to be a good journalist while she's at it.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
every single person on the right is arguing in bad faith at literally all times, i'm not sure why people who should assumedly know better keep falling for it

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

i think this killed Rudatron

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I am not going to utter the cursed words “rudatron is right” (and he isn’t, gently caress you rudy) but a certain kind of performative over the top hyperwokeness almost always masks deeply reactionary personal politics. see: corncob aiston, chappy, marcotte, etc.

the nyt is so awful Jeong being there can only improve it and I’ll take her eight days a week over bari weiss or Stephens or Sullivan but in an ideal world she’d mark the rightward edge of the discourse in the op ed page

Frankly I'd be fine with the Gateway Pundit as a NYT oped writer if it meant I never had to see either Brett or Weiss again. There should be a max of one never trumper.

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

Rudatron is unironically always right.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I'm have never suggested that "don't talk about race" would be helpful. You've missed the point. It's about how that resistance is philosophically conceptualized - whether it reaffirms racial essentialization, or undermines it. You, and everyone else itt, has simply chosen to reinforce it, rhetorically and philosophical, for reasons that basically amount to "triggering the libs".

Okay, suppose you succeed, suppose you get: lib.status == triggered. What now?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

rudatron posted:

I'm have never suggested that "don't talk about race" would be helpful. You've missed the point. It's about how that resistance is philosophically conceptualized - whether it reaffirms racial essentialization, or undermines it. You, and everyone else itt, has simply chosen to reinforce it, rhetorically and philosophical, for reasons that basically amount to "triggering the libs".

shut the gently caress up

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

i read this and for a moment, i thought she was bad, but then i thought about how insanely mad her years-old tweets make all of the worst posters, and so now i think perhaps she is good?

in short, sarah jeong is a land of contrasts

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

rudatron posted:

I am not and have never been opposed to social leftism, you gigantic moron. But I base my beliefs on my conviction in human beings as human beings.

"I'm really into economic equality!"

"Eww gross don't talk about differing social classes, it makes me really uncomfortable."

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

rudatron posted:

No silly, it's not essentializing anything if the concept of race is already essentialized as part of a system of domination. It's just naming what's happening. The United States is a country founded on white supremacy and its few dalliances with a social safety net have been crippled by building racism right into the structure of them. Why did all the white racists become republicans between 1960 and 1980? They used to be pretty evenly distributed between the two major parties, but between Nixon and Reagan one of them became the open party of white supremacy. Why did that happen?

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Irrelevant, I'm asking you to judge your own actions, and hold yourself to the same standard you hold others. You simply refuse to do this. You have chosen to use the logic and philosophy of essentialization, because you find it entertaining or whatever. What does that say about you?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
wow and I thought somebody got killed in Portland already

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

business hammocks posted:

No silly, it's not essentializing anything if the concept of race is already essentialized as part of a system of domination. It's just naming what's happening. The United States is a country founded on white supremacy and its few dalliances with a social safety net have been crippled by building racism right into the structure of them. Why did all the white racists become republicans between 1960 and 1980? They used to be pretty evenly distributed between the two major parties, but between Nixon and Reagan one of them became the open party of white supremacy. Why did that happen?

in all seriousness that is why it’s been rather hard to appeal leftism to more minorities as a lot of hardcore leftists get really invested in the capital question and kind of forget that the idea of making everything better for everyone kind of ignores minorities issues and just compacts them into everyone else. Bernie Sanders ran into this problem and even though he eventually did learn it was kind of to late.

I know he isn’t hardcore left but he does represent the issue they have to deal with very well.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

wow and I thought somebody got killed in Portland already

someone's dying in here

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

rudatron posted:

Irrelevant, I'm asking you to judge your own actions, and hold yourself to the same standard you hold others. You simply refuse to do this. You have chosen to use the logic and philosophy of essentialization, because you find it entertaining or whatever. What does that say about you?

What the gently caress are you talking about? I'm trying to teach your little bitch rear end that black nationalists don't want to build an ethnostate, something you could have learned for yourself by reading a book from your local library. Why didn't you read a book from your local library before presuming you were an expert in American culture and history?

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

rudatron posted:

In your emphasis on communication and outreach to average folks did you ever try factoring in NOT sounding like your every idea and experience with political issues came right out of a text book?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

rudatron posted:

larger systemic forces are irrelevant, it is only your own personal actions that have meaning, i say, as i shrink into a succdem