Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Cowcaster posted:

even if i had an infinite amount of 3* motes the time and effort it would take me to go through and individually 3* each character one by one for such an insignificant benefit would drive me to kill again

It's not much effort if you dive a character once a week or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!

Cowcaster posted:

even if i had an infinite amount of 3* motes the time and effort it would take me to go through and individually 3* each character one by one for such an insignificant benefit would drive me to kill again

I just 3* dive someone whenever I level someone to 99. I've got all but 27 characters at 99 with 4 MC3s in the hopper, but alas, I am out of vitality motes

In other news, I did a parting pull on FFV banner 1, and it worked as well as I could have hoped, picking up Galuf's chain and Lenna's USB. After 5 pulls in all, i got 10/14 items without pulling a single dupe in the process. I'm still bad at the Greg torment though.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Hi friends I cleared my first 180+ content by beating jecht with everyone somehow alive.

I had to resort to using a 2 support, 2 healer team with tidus as dps. I skipped Seymour after he dispelled me. Thanks for listening.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Fister Roboto posted:

Yes, level other characters. Sabin USB with Greg CSB will wreck poo poo, especially with a legend dive. Fires Within is ranged too, so you don't have to worry about that. Ace BSB means you can drop a healer, instant pblink is amazing for this fight. Then you can bring Tyro with Affliction Break (a single astra will not be enough) and some fire ability to help with the chain, Aphmau for heals (Valigarmanda in the second slot for the turns when she doesn't need to heal), and Fabula Raider for RW.

Cheers, levelling Sabin and Ace now, will see if I can dive at least Sabin.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

poe meater posted:

Hi friends I cleared my first 180+ content by beating jecht with everyone somehow alive.

I had to resort to using a 2 support, 2 healer team with tidus as dps. I skipped Seymour after he dispelled me. Thanks for listening.

Welcome to the party :getin:

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

All the bitter vets here have fought various incarnations of Seymour so many times in this game that we've gone numb to him and sleepwalk through the fights because we have them all memorized.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
Remember when we had to fight Macalania Temple Seymour in four or five different missions in the same week? I believe that was in the Vit0 days.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I actually was...appreciative of BFA? A good old fashioned slog felt satisfying.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Benthalus posted:

All the bitter vets here have fought various incarnations of Seymour so many times in this game that we've gone numb to him and sleepwalk through the fights because we have them all memorized.
Even then there's always going to be some subtlety to gently caress with you or help you out. In this case several things changed. First came the medal conditions, so instead of needing -MAG/hit the ice weakness/don't get 7+ Ultimate Ultima you just need to have at least two people standing at the end. Second, most of his attacks now are NAT instead of BLK so you can't just absorb and refresh your hones for days. Thus on the one hand you can't just solo the encounter with Vaan or Lion USB (plus Grand Cross) and expect mastery, but you can wait it out with Radiant Shield. Also they made the rotating weaknesses more explicit, so any given DPS only needs one each of fire/ice and lightning/water to contribute.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Aug 4, 2018

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Just barely got mastery, and that's definitely as far as I can push him even if I freed up the slot I used for Break. I have both Galuf's and Greg's chains, and Lenna's last stand USB, but my actual dps just sucks. My best relic for Butz is his earth BSB.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
:eyepop: :popeye: 380 Myth from now to fest, including gift dungeons. Fest requires 410 to pull on everything. Plan ahead!

Fest pulls include:

Every realm getting a RoP for 85 myth

A LMR lucky from an LMR only pool
An OSB lucky from an OSB only pool
A USB lucky from a USB only pool

5 banners, two of which are good

ceaselessfuture fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Aug 4, 2018

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

ceaselessfuture posted:

Fest pulls include:

Two, and... four? I guess?

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

I was thinking 2 and 3 actually. Lightning magicite is up first, so it'll be the best chance for Earth magic before it.

2 because Celes.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Oh, right. I didn't get Elarra USB and waifu Terra pretty hard, so 4 is still pretty good for me. Also it has +Wind and +Water Armours which I have precisely none of.

I hope some of those BSBs go byebye.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Wish they'd stop pairing holy and dark. At this point I'm not really interested in physical holy things that aren't a chain

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Fest banners are the one thing global always does "rebalance" so expect those to change too.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I have to rethink if I want to bother with ROP with how badly my last set went. LMR and OSB lucky... eh.

USB select is the big one though, have to think hard what to go for - main contenders are Orleandu which comes back on that godly FFT banner against Tidus1, Terra1 or Bartz1...

For the fest itself assuming nothing major changes I'm actually looking forward to banner 1, still need a lighting chain and JP's had two.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

ceaselessfuture posted:

:eyepop: :popeye: 380 Myth from now to fest, including gift dungeons. Fest requires 410 to pull on everything. Plan ahead!

Fest pulls include:

Well, sounds like i'm just pulling once or twice on the 8 banner(s) then holding off till fest.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I got my first Evrae to drop today!

I have seven Sirens and eight Seraphs. :negative:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Finally figured out how to fit Greg chain into an Isgebind team, my other magicite teams usually feature dual entrust bots feeding Aphmau but went double healer for this one

Refia: BSB
Bartz: USB1
Greg: CSB
Aphmau: USB
Arc: SSB (pblink)

Magicites: Unicorn; Maliris, King Bomb, Mom Bomb, Salamander

This is usually a 35-45s clear depending on Bartz double cast rng. Tried swapping king bomb for unicorn as my main magicite and got a 31s clear but survivability is real dicey and the whole run is rng dependant on the wrong character getting hit with paralyse at the wrong time.

Wish I had a USB or something for Refia or that her legend dive wasn't so meh, or even a +fire weapon for Greg, but its fun to farm magicites again. Isgebind had been a brick wall for me for some time

fridge corn fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Aug 5, 2018

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Try using Mom Bomb instead of King Bomb for your main magicite. King Bomb only gives you +10% fire damage for 15s, while a layer of imperil takes you from 150% to 170% (or +13.3% damage) for 25s. That could easily push you under 30s.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Fister Roboto posted:

Try using Mom Bomb instead of King Bomb for your main magicite. King Bomb only gives you +10% fire damage for 15s, while a layer of imperil takes you from 150% to 170% (or +13.3% damage) for 25s. That could easily push you under 30s.

🤔

😁

You were right!

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

ceaselessfuture posted:

Fest pulls include:

Neat
Gonna save up for that banner 2

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Honestly, none of the fest banners are bad. Even though the initial :chloe: reaction to Firion heading up banner 5 is understandable, his new USB actually lets him leverage ice and fire samurai abilities VERY well (95% crit!!!) and brings him a solid niche in the otherwise kinda deserted phys ice scene.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

No attack up or enelement on it - and then the Quinoa banner which has has Squall + Laguna will come shortly before or after.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Avalerion posted:

No attack up or enelement on it - and then the Quinoa banner which has has Squall + Laguna will come shortly before or after.
Neither of those are super relevant; a properly designed phys magicite team will be ramming into the atk softcap without need for extra atk from ex mode, and enelement is nice to have but can be supplanted by other additional damage sources (crit, in Firion's case). Even if you strike gold and get both Squall usb2 and Laguna csb, who is your third dps? There aren't a lot of choices, and Firion with usb2 is a stronger option than, say, Ayame with bsb and osb.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Enelements are definitely not as important as they used to be, since they only stack additively with equipment boosts and the base chain effect. A 2nd gen chain is effectively a party enelement, anyway.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Hades is rear end garbage trash poop butts and I loving hate him. gently caress this lovely RNG dickhole nonsense I am so tired of having to restart so many times just to get a clear via good RNG when I know I have all the tools to obliterate him.

poo poo.

gently caress.

Parasol Waddle Dee
Oct 30, 2012

Waddle waddle.
What kind of RNG? Hades is very scripted: in fact, what you need to do the most is properly dealing with his two Savage Strikes at 80% and 40% HP and his 50% HP Dispel, none of which are interrupts. You deal with the Strikes with either Astra or a pblink and the dispel is managed through reupping Protectga and Hastega. Hades is actually the opposite of RNG and that’s kind of his real problem: he punishes you much harder if you don’t know his AI at least somewhat well.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Here is my current team:

The RNG I'm talking about is the AoE interrupt. Ramza casts chain first turn and Affliction Break on the second. He recasts it around the 15s mark to prepare for the second AoE interrupt. The thing making me want to spin kick my phone through a wall is when I start to recast haste after the dispel and it gets interrupted. If I don't kill him before wall wears off its over.

Iris casts BSB ASAP after casting her hastega crit fix SSB first turn. The astra is always on time for his mass debuff so I'm ok there.

The only other thing I can think of is replacing Larsa with Selphie for the Last Stand USB but IDK if that will help at all.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Maybe slow down a little bit? With two astra sources I feel like it shouldn't be too hard to always have it up, so try adjusting the pace of your dps so you're not mashing all of Hades' phase changes into a couple turns. You might also consider swapping your main magicite to unicorn for an extra astra.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Scraaaaaaaaaped together a final 50 mythril before FFV banners go away.

1/11: Galuf Chain.

I'll take it! That's three Gen2 chains.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Didn't get Butz' Arcane or Galuf's chain but I did manage to get Butz' glint and something for all the main characters except Faris.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

Here is my current team:

The RNG I'm talking about is the AoE interrupt. Ramza casts chain first turn and Affliction Break on the second. He recasts it around the 15s mark to prepare for the second AoE interrupt. The thing making me want to spin kick my phone through a wall is when I start to recast haste after the dispel and it gets interrupted. If I don't kill him before wall wears off its over.

Iris casts BSB ASAP after casting her hastega crit fix SSB first turn. The astra is always on time for his mass debuff so I'm ok there.

The only other thing I can think of is replacing Larsa with Selphie for the Last Stand USB but IDK if that will help at all.

If you have enough dps, you can skip Black Cauldron, which means that you can use your astra for the interrupt. You've got Ramza's chain and (I'm assuming) Orlandeau's and Marche's USBs so that shouldn't be an issue. I'd replace Larsa with an entrust bot to get Iris's astra up in time.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Place Larsa or Iris in or near the center so they get the most hits from Strikes and you can cast their BSB much more easily (and reduce overall incoming damage on melee).

If your dps is fast enough as Fister mentioned, you should only need one Astra at around the 13-14s second mark. I'd recast Astra ASAP after that and then start recasting when his HP approaches 50%.

Consider bringing hastega (on Larsa) and putting Protectga/Shellga on Marche. Having hastega as an ability will especially be helpful for the dispel at 50%.

Have someone else carry the starting SB for the DPS (Orlandeau?). I would run Wall > USB > AssSaber for Orlandeau's first 3 turns in this instance.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Fun fact: if you can skip all the scripted Black Cauldrons, killing him before the third one, then you can sub-30 the fight.

Also if you need ability slots you can drop protectga. His physicals will hurt but can't kill you if you're topped off. Shellga is mandatory to survive Flare though.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Fister Roboto posted:

If you have enough dps, you can skip Black Cauldron, which means that you can use your astra for the interrupt. You've got Ramza's chain and (I'm assuming) Orlandeau's and Marche's USBs so that shouldn't be an issue. I'd replace Larsa with an entrust bot to get Iris's astra up in time.

Could you please elaborate more on this? I keep trying a bunch of different things you guys are saying but it only gets worse :(

Parasol Waddle Dee
Oct 30, 2012

Waddle waddle.
Running sans Protectga is borderline suicidal if he’s running rear end Sabre for offense. Hades can hit the same slot set twice and Strike x2 on Orlandeau without Protect and the -30% def debuff up hits for upwards of 7k. I’d only recommend skipping Protectga if he has an accessible Last Stand in his setup or he’s running exclusively Guardbringer sets, otherwise Hades damage goes from unremarkable to vicious. Shellga’s also not an easy skip in a vaccuum due to Flare, though that’s the only threatening magical damage Hades has.

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
I got amarants usb that has the fire radiant shield. What is a good place to use this if all you have for him is that and the aura sb?

So part of my issue with doing lvl 4 magicite is that my magicite decks are underwhelming. What kind of ‘cite abilities do I want to inherit? Should I focus on dampening stuff and the related?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

Could you please elaborate more on this? I keep trying a bunch of different things you guys are saying but it only gets worse :(

He does Black Cauldron on his 6th turn, or about 13s into the fight. If you can drop him below 81% before that, he'll stop casting it and shift to phase 2. Then you have 4 turns to bring him down below 41% and another 4 turns to kill him. If you can do that you won't see a single Black Cauldron.

It's tight but I was able to do it with this ghetto rear end team:

No chains, no USBs.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Aug 6, 2018