Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So, since the field is now filled out (barring any last minute injuries or replacements), who are your picks for the semi-finals and finals? Ideally it should be Io/Meiko and Deonna/Toni for the semi-finals, and then Io/Deonna for the finals, in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i will be making no predictions or selections until the brackets are released to save myself the embarrassment

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Meiko loses in the first round
Kavita Devi over Kaitlyn
Io Shirai over Tony Storm
Io Shirai wins a sort of okay but underwhelming final

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

oatgan posted:

i will be making no predictions or selections until the brackets are released to save myself the embarrassment

Hopefully they don't dump the episodes in bulk this year like they did last year. Do one episode a week starting the week after the MYC II tapings. They should have enough footage to last them until Evolution.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Rhea Ripley will make it to at least the final 4. She's my sleeper pick. Feel like she's too good to be in the background this long.

Gut tells me Toni wins it though.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/RealBrittBaker/status/1025561911734272001

Johnny Ace is rolling in his grave

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

DM Punk posted:

Rhea Ripley will make it to at least the final 4. She's my sleeper pick. Feel like she's too good to be in the background this long.

Gut tells me Toni wins it though.

I have to disagree on Toni winning it. Especially since there is a UK Women's Title coming, its pretty likely she'll be competing for it at Evolution.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

DarkstarIV posted:

So, since the field is now filled out (barring any last minute injuries or replacements), who are your picks for the semi-finals and finals? Ideally it should be Io/Meiko and Deonna/Toni for the semi-finals, and then Io/Deonna for the finals, in my opinion.

puttin' all of my chips* on Command Bolshoi interference

* potato chips

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Lady Godzilla all the way and her glorious hair.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
NXT did a MYC line up last night

https://twitter.com/DeonnaPurrazzo/status/1025596777146314752

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Wonder if they'll do the rest of the lineup at tonight's house show. I only see around 20 of the women there.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Meiko is in Taiwan so she isn't there. I imagine there are others with commitments too.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
And why would they do what Dark Star is suggesting anyway?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

And why would they do what Dark Star is suggesting anyway?

Because there are 32 women in the tournament, and there are a bunch of people who aren't there? I understand people like Meiko and Hiroyo (probably) not being there, but it seems a bunch of other talent that is in Florida right now didn't show up as part of the group last night.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Why though?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

I have to disagree on Toni winning it. Especially since there is a UK Women's Title coming, its pretty likely she'll be competing for it at Evolution.

Toni winning the UK Womens title just seems SO obvious to me. I wouldn't mind them changing it up and giving it to Isla Dawn or Jinny at first.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7nVKInra8A

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Robbie don't have a Stardom sub?

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

I wish the MYC was live.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Are the lucha girls the only ones WWE didn't tag their twitter accounts in?

Also who replaced Kylie Rae

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Aug 4, 2018

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

KungFu Grip posted:

Are the lucha girls the only ones WWE didn't tag their twitter accounts in?

Also who replaced Kylie Rae

tbf outside of CMLL or AAA, following lucha is on the same level as following kickboxing. its a brutal lifestyle of scumming facebook vids and fancam youtube uploads. I'd love to hear the story of how they found out about the Chilean wrestler they picked up.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

if you were scouting different regions of the world for an international tournament and wanted some kind of representation from south america to announce that X number of countries and continents are in the field shes fairly well known in that scene

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/MaeYoungClassic/status/1026975719686066176

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1026979993354612736

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Michael Cole, Renee Young and Beth Phoenix are doing commentary for the MYC and I gotta say I'm happy with that team. Especially if this is Michael Cole without Vince in his ear. Glad it's not Mauro.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

https://www.wwe.com/shows/maeyoungclassic/article/mae-young-classic-2018-wwe-network

Bracketology airs the 29th, then the MYC airs after NXT starting the 5th. It doesn't say how many weeks, but the final is at Evolution October 28th.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

https://www.wwe.com/shows/maeyoungclassic/article/mae-young-classic-2018-wwe-network

Bracketology airs the 29th, then the MYC airs after NXT starting the 5th. It doesn't say how many weeks, but the final is at Evolution October 28th.

Yup. Let's try and math it out, since I'm bored and don't feel like working. There will be 16 matches in the first round (32 women, 2 women per match equals 16.). Assuming they air 4 matches per episode, it will take one month to get out of that. That would put us into October. They could then air four second round matches per week, putting us into mid October. At that point, I would dump the semi finals into one show, as you'll be running close to the deadline. That being said, I can easily see some of the first round matches being squash matches.

Math is hard. :negative:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It'll probably be something like 7 weeks of 4 then give the last two matches a lot more time. Throw in a big tag match for the popular eliminated women like they did last time.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Commentary team is Mauro, Beth and Renee. Show starts Aug. 29 with Bracketology and will air weekly after NXT.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
WWE are PR wise pushing Io Shirai, Toni Storm, Meiko Satamura and Deonna Purrazzo a lot.

But from what I heard look for Nixon Newell/Tegan Fox to win the thing or at least be in the semi-finals.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

sportsgenius86 posted:

Commentary team is Mauro, Beth and Renee. Show starts Aug. 29 with Bracketology and will air weekly after NXT.

The WWE.com article is saying its Cole. Not Mauro.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

DarkstarIV posted:

The WWE.com article is saying its Cole. Not Mauro.

Please don't do this to me

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Saint Freak posted:

Please don't do this to me

Cole is fine when he doesn't have Vince screaming in his ear.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Michael Cole by himself is less irritating as a straight-up pbp guy than Mauro is, but lacks the enthusiasm you'd want. that happens to everybody who's been doing it non-stop for that long. Cole is probably a better anchor for an unexperienced color commentator and a person who is self-admittedly bad at being at the desk at all. either guy would be fine or absolute trash depending on whether or not someone is yelling at them.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'd rather have Cole who I can ignore than Mauro's annoying forced pop culture references

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If he's not talking about the Mamma Mia sequel that's a missed opportunity.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I'd rather have Cole who I can ignore than Mauro's annoying forced pop culture references

Lars "Thanos" Sullivan will never not be amazing

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

What time do tapings start?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

does anyone have that clip of Mauro talking about 10cm poles in some women's MMA match? I feel like that needs to be part of the Mauro discussion.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

fatherofmustard posted:

What time do tapings start?

A little after the parade of champions, so soon after 7 PM eastern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Barely recognized Kaitlyn.