Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Safeword posted:

Roughly how long would Hellblade take to complete, if I want to poke around a bit and explore? I noticed it's on sale.

There's hardly anything to explore, it's a fairly linear game. Around 6 hours or so, you might even Platinum it by accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich

Samuringa posted:

There's hardly anything to explore, it's a fairly linear game. Around 6 hours or so, you might even Platinum it by accident.

Oh, cool. Got the house to myself for a few nights, so this seems like the perfect time to play it in the dark, at night, alone, with headphones. :v:

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

Thanks for this; it was a fascinating read. I never really knew anything about it beyond the standard flashing lights stuff.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
IIRC there is only one Hellblade trophy that isn't linked to the story and it's not terribly hard to get.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Housh posted:

Windjammers is the price of a coffee if you got plus. Worth it?

Holy hell, you weren't kidding...it's $1.49

:stoked:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Holy hell, you weren't kidding...it's $1.49

:stoked:

You didn’t claim it when it launched free on ps plus?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh wait that was that knockoff game that was free

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah, the core model didn't come with a HDD and the memcard sizes were uh, small. Hence XBLA's small file size limit for the longest time.

Even then I think there was a game (FIFA?) in the first six months that required a HDD.

Football manager, because the game save was so drat huge

Thank God they eventually let you install games to the hard drive, it lowered load times and was easier on the hardware

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

sorry ps4 thread i dont get to talk about this often and people usually dont know what its like so i wanted to share.

Thank you for sharing your experience. That was interesting, and some of the effects are similar to what happens to me with severe hypoglycemia (type 1 diabetes).

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Midjack posted:

Thank you for sharing your experience. That was interesting, and some of the effects are similar to what happens to me with severe hypoglycemia (type 1 diabetes).

that is interesting, i never knew that it had those sorts of symptoms. does that just happen as a result of diabetes or is that something you can avoid with medication?

epilepsy is weird because theres no uniform set of symptoms or reactions, like i said earlier my recovery period is extremely lengthy almost regardless of what kind i have, which is just bad loving luck i guess. i also cant listen to music while i sleep or i get really violent seizures, which is weird but brains??? mine are almost certainly from a traumatic brain injury i had as a teen. i had never even heard of anyone else having the problem with some sounds but i guess that was an issue for ian curtis, too. edit: although i may have had seizures as a kid too, since the majority of mine are absence seizures which other people don't notice and can be actually impossible for you to know you're having.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

that is interesting, i never knew that it had those sorts of symptoms. does that just happen as a result of diabetes or is that something you can avoid with medication?

I can avoid it by not being a dumbass, but sometimes I overestimate the amount of energy in a meal or overexert myself without getting a snack and it happens. Occasional hypoglycemia is kind of a fact of life of diabetes management; sometimes you get it perfect but sometimes you go too high or too low. The effects of hypoglycemia differ; sometimes I get timeskips, other times I get really weak or have a headache, or get visual static (looks like poor analog broadcast TV reception). The exact effects depend on which part of my brain starts turning off because it's not getting energy.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

This thread has fairly positive opinions of Wolfenstein, yeah? Found The New Order / The Old Blood combo for five bucks at Target. This is a total steal right? I sure would pay a lot more to blast moon nazis with bullets or whatever these games are about so I'm gonna play it regardless.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Holy gently caress if you're playing no mans sky on a 4K tv and on PS4 pro do yourself a favor and manually set it to 1080p. It goes from about 20 FPS to 60

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

JoeGlassJAw posted:

This thread has fairly positive opinions of Wolfenstein, yeah? Found The New Order / The Old Blood combo for five bucks at Target. This is a total steal right? I sure would pay a lot more to blast moon nazis with bullets or whatever these games are about so I'm gonna play it regardless.

That’s a great deal, yeah. It would be amazing for New Order alone.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Housh posted:

I can't wait to hear people's reactions to Kiwami 2

I hope this is enthusiastic and not smug snickering as the series suddenly dives in the toilet and unknowning fans of the sixth game to be released will inevitably be disappointed by the terrible changes made.

JoeGlassJAw posted:

Oh absolutely. They're not flawless but they're still solid fun. Get em and report back on how hit alerts are now, because that was an issue for me with Wolfenstein 2 and I wonder if that's better now after I'm assuming a few patches have been made.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Aug 4, 2018

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

I hope this is enthusiastic and not smug snickering as the series suddenly dives in the toilet and unknowning fans of the sixth game to be released will inevitably be disappointed by the terrible changes made.

There are no Bad Yakuza Games (except Dead Souls but that's a spin-off)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dead Souls isn't even that bad if you could get used to the godawful backwards controls

Unfortunately....

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Over There posted:

Holy gently caress if you're playing no mans sky on a 4K tv and on PS4 pro do yourself a favor and manually set it to 1080p. It goes from about 20 FPS to 60

Lol, nice resolution

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Welp, one trip to gamestop later and I'm out of an xbone and into a PS4. Setup time was around 10 minutes and I was playing Uncharted within 15. Much happier with this so far. Question though: aren't a lot of PS3 era PS Network games like Journey and such "cross buy?" Like if you own them already on PS Network, shouldn't you be able to download them on the PS4?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Not as far as I know?

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Escobarbarian posted:

Not as far as I know?

Huh...like for some reason I'm able to dl Hotline Miami despite only ever buying it for PS3, but nothing else is available.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
I've never owned a PS3 or a Vita so I'm not really up to date on the details, but I do remember some titles being cross buy, but unfortunately I think I remember Journey not being one of them. There seems to be a list on blog.playstation.com, but I can't look 'cause I'm at work and it's blocked.

Edit: How does that look?
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/cross-platform/cid=STORE-MSF77008-PS3TOPS4

Can't look at it at work either... :(

CordlessPen fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Aug 4, 2018

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Cross buy is inconsistent, you have to check each game. Remastered are not typically included in crossbuy though.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Met another player for the first time in no mans sky and his name was Muffin Stuffer

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

EdsTeioh posted:

Huh...like for some reason I'm able to dl Hotline Miami despite only ever buying it for PS3, but nothing else is available.

Go all the way to the right on the main menu of the PS4, to Library, then go to the Purchased section. Anything you have available will be there without having to search the store, including cross-buy titles, and you can download from there.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Cross buy is on a game to game basis.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Yakuza 2 was when the series became a classic. If it’s that story with the Yakuza 6 engine, we’re in for a ride.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I can’t loving wait for Kiwami 2

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Me when I think about Kiwami 2.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I can’t loving wait for Kiwami 2

DrNutt posted:

Me when I think about Kiwami 2.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Also Fist of the Northstar like a month later

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sakurazuka posted:

Also Fist of the Northstar like a month later

And Dragon Quest XI in between. My loving Wallet

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

God help me if they announce a western release for the 3-5 remasters

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Pablo Nergigante posted:

God help me if they announce a western release for the 3-5 remasters

I'm like 95% sure they are.

They were even commenting that they're even restoring the content that wasn't in the original releases.

And the translations virtually done because it's a remaster of games that already released here.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Yeah I think it’s basically a done deal, I just want them to announce it for real already

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I want to play red dead 2 after I play all my Japanese eastworlds

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ElwoodCuse posted:

Football manager, because the game save was so drat huge

Thank God they eventually let you install games to the hard drive, it lowered load times and was easier on the hardware

Riiiiight yeah, Football Manager. At least I was on the right track :v:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The fact that they took Yakuza out of the title doesn't mean they changed the game itself did they? I mean, that game is like 60/40 Yakuza/Fist of the North Star.

Also why would they do that?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Aug 5, 2018

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Someone talk me out of For Honor 🤔 I played it for like a week or two straight when I first started, and it was fun enough. That said, server issues and other games made me lose interest fast. How much better has it gotten?

The main deterrent is how much they’re still asking for it digitally, what a joke. Guessing I can get a used copy pretty drat cheap.

Season pass just still early access to new characters and poo poo? I’d be fine with just the base game yeah? They keeping to their promise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I really love that old fist of North Star tv anime series