Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
Welp, I've discovered bugs...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

That's a rad pose. All this heat and bugs makes me kind of pine for a proper macro lens.

e: Oof looking at this on the phone I think I over did it on the underexposure compensation, probably should have put my monitors brightness up a bit

ijyt fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jul 9, 2018

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
Same here. Gonna have to bust out my extension tubes out soon.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

I zoomed with my feet but was unmauled

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

ijyt posted:

That's a rad pose. All this heat and bugs makes me kind of pine for a proper macro lens.

e: Oof looking at this on the phone I think I over did it on the underexposure compensation, probably should have put my monitors brightness up a bit

Looks great to me.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Yeah, I think it looks good too. That background is gorgeous and the blues on that dragonfly pop very nicely.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

how do you do fellow cows

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
This photo is nothing special technical-wise, but I wanted to show off this awesome dude I saw at the Vancouver Aquarium. His name's Señor Cinco, an adult male Sea Lion. He was found quite emaciated, and it was soon discovered that he had suffered several gunshot wounds to his face, leaving him blind and with broken teeth. The aquarium took him in, and he's doing quite well. He's put on weight, and he'll have a permanent home there where he can be taken care of.

The day I was there, he was quite happy to snooze in the sun, even when fresh fish was offered. Quite the snorer too.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

that rules and Señor Cinco is a good name for an old floppy snore guy fite me if u disagree

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

More like Señor Siesta!

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

A Handed Missus posted:

how do you do fellow cows

The Mist (2007)

EPICAC
Mar 23, 2001

I finally have a functioning DSLR again. Feeling a bit rusty in Lightroom.

Monarch Caterpillar] by EPICAC, on Flickr

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

:stare: drat!

Panthera leo by Jason the Hutt, on Flickr

Loxodonta africana by Jason the Hutt, on Flickr

Hippopotamus amphibius by Jason the Hutt, on Flickr

Calumma parsonii by Jason the Hutt, on Flickr

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer

gently caress that's gorgeous.

e: just noticed from your Flickr that that was in the wild and not an aquarium. woooow!

These are great. There's something almost unnerving about the elephant that makes me want to keep looking at it. I think my eye is using the branches and bush in the foreground to try to make sense of the scale, which makes the elephant look smaller than it should, or something. It's a fantastic animal-in-landscape (as the others are too).

BetterLekNextTime fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jul 23, 2018

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

President Beep posted:

Yeah, I think it looks good too. That background is gorgeous and the blues on that dragonfly pop very nicely.

If the wings fold straight back it is a damselfly! :pseudo:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Dick Trauma posted:

If the wings fold straight back it is a damselfly! :pseudo:

Oh, hey, neat. Today I learned something. :sun:

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

BetterLekNextTime posted:

These are great. There's something almost unnerving about the elephant that makes me want to keep looking at it. I think my eye is using the branches and bush in the foreground to try to make sense of the scale, which makes the elephant look smaller than it should, or something. It's a fantastic animal-in-landscape (as the others are too).

Thanks! Our driver got way closer to the elephant than I expected. My best lens for it turned out to be a 100mm macro. :shrug:

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

July 28th

Used my 300mm f/4 to get as close as I dared.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Get in there for those sweet, sweet macro shots!!

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

President Beep posted:

Get in there for those sweet, sweet macro shots!!

:nsamad:

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

I was in Minneapolis for a couple days and saw that the Minnesota Zoo had an adults only night after hours so I took advantage of no children running around (in exchange for drunk 20-somethings running around :saddowns: ) and dragged my wife and camera around for 3 hours.

Since the event was after the zoo normally closes and approaching sunset I think the animals were more active than any other time I've been to either zoo at home in Chicago.

Minnesota Zoo by charliebravo77, on Flickr
Minnesota Zoo by charliebravo77, on FlickrMinnesota Zoo by charliebravo77, on Flickr

charliebravo77 fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jul 30, 2018

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
Rocky Mountain Big Horn Sheep by Tyler Huestis, on Flickr

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

that's a really cool bat pic :3:

my oly fisheye and ports finally came in and I got real lucky on the first outing

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

That second shot is absolutely beautiful.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

This one is stunning.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Wary by B. B., on Flickr

Young Male by B. B., on Flickr

English Ivy Baited Field by B. B., on Flickr

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Went to Yellowstone and saw a shitton of bison. I also learned they like to roll around in the dirt like big goofy dogs

P8050397 by Cody P, on Flickr

P8060463-1 by Cody P, on Flickr

P8050419 by Cody P, on Flickr

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

This seems apropos to the thread and title:

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/international/2018/08/chinese_tourist_killed_in_hippo_attack_in_kenya

Good thing butterflies don’t bite.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Hippos are in that weird part of the animal venn diagram where they look super cute and cuddly, are colossal assholes, and savage as gently caress once they decide you need to die.

I'll camp in bear country first.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

xzzy posted:

Hippos are in that weird part of the animal venn diagram where they look super cute and cuddly, are colossal assholes, and savage as gently caress once they decide you need to die.

I'll camp in bear country first.

have you seen a hippo in real life? they are the opposite of cuddly, they are big fat ugly killing machines

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

underage at the vape shop posted:

have you seen a hippo in real life? they are the opposite of cuddly, they are big fat ugly killing machines

Wrong!

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

11/10 doggo

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

im sure you were cute as a baby too

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

underage at the vape shop posted:

im sure you were cute as a baby too

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

I think the little ones are pretty cute:

I've been lazy about keep up with the forums recently but I did want to say this is beautiful. Love the rest you posted as well.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
THERE ARE SO MANY GOOD PHOTOS! :supaburn:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

hippos are actually adorable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cHjMzqhJ4I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pooper Trooper
Jul 4, 2011

neveroddoreven

IMG_20180815_131819 by Pooper Trooper, on Flickr

Gross little poo poo