Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hello I found the worst advert ever

https://youtu.be/wsGrpd0jUMA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

lmao

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1025841412825174016

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Escobarbarian posted:

That was probably the goal and now you’ve shared it exactly how they wanted you to do. Dance puppet, dance!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

X-O posted:

That was probably the goal and now you’ve shared it exactly how they wanted you to do. Dance puppet, dance!

dang and blast!!! I don’t know anyone who would book a holiday like this anyway though so owned, holiday company

Picard news is weird, but could be interesting? I don’t have any attachment to the character to feel anything other than neutral about it, besides the usual “can we stop rebooting or bringing back old things please”

The episode of The Crown with the flashbacks to Philip’s childhood is excellent

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I can't believe this is real. Like, holy poo poo.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
It'll be a gritty space western about Picard in his old age, à la Old Man Logan

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lol who wanted this?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

lol who wanted this?

Every Trek fan who grew up in the late 80s.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

My folks wanted this, I want this, most of my friends want this. gently caress all naysayers. I cannot wait.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

quote:

It will be shepherded by Star Trek: Discovery co-creator/executive producer Alex Kurtzman who

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I would rather they stopped rebooting or making sequels to every single goddamn thing under the sun and made more original stuff, but hell, if it makes more people happy that’s cool. Plus it’s worth a billion half-hearted reboots/continuations for the great ones we’ve gotten recently like Twin Peaks and.....it feels wrong to compare Cobra Kai to TP s3 but I’m gonna

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
So today I blasted through 8 episodes of Condor. That show is really good, watch it if you have even the slightest interest in spy/conspiracy thrillers. Also Brandon Fraser really deserved a way better career :smith:.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Escobarbarian posted:

.it feels wrong to compare Cobra Kai to TP s3 but I’m gonna

Yeah, Cobra Kai didn’t have an ending that soured me on all the rest of the season retroactively.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Other than there being too much silent driving I don’t agree at all!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Popelmon posted:

So today I blasted through 8 episodes of Condor. That show is really good, watch it if you have even the slightest interest in spy/conspiracy thrillers. Also Brandon Fraser really deserved a way better career :smith:.

It is nice to see him getting some good mainstream gigs. He was probably my favorite part of Trust.

I can't say the guy didn't have a good career though. He had quite a few good paydays in there which is more than a lot of actors get.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yeah but he disappeared from headlining movies for a long time and it seemed to come out of nowhere.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There was that really good Brendan Fraser interview a few months back about how a Hollywood dude grabbed his taint or something and it sent him into a deep depression. I’m really glad he’s bounced back from that.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

lol who wanted this?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Patrick Stewart rules and Picard rules and I will watch pretty much everything he's involved in.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

"working with our brilliant and creative team"

Yep, this is just a paycheck.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mu Zeta posted:

"working with our brilliant and creative team"

Yep, this is just a paycheck.

"CBS drove up to my house with a dump truck full of money."

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I love Detroiters so much! "He cut his dick off in the break room!"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The hope is it's statistically unlikely Akiva Goldsman can have a worse year of quality than 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Wow Barry is super good huh

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Yeah Barry kicks rear end.

Glad to see some positive feedback for Condor as it has been on deck for me but I haven't started it. Glad to see Brendan Fraser is in it, I miss that dude... Monkeybone, The Mummy, Bedazzled, The Quiet American and Gods And Monsters are all favorites of mine.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
My only complaint so far is that D'Arcy Carden doesn't have enough lines

It's like a cross between Patriot and In Bruges

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I was fixing a computer and my mom was watching some NBC show where they were trying to save an ambiguously middle eastern teenager from the American government’s evil VR hellscape, and also the president from 24 was there as their boss.

Network TV hasn’t changed since the mid 2000s.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yeah Sarah Shahi can't catch a break as the lead

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

My only complaint so far is that D'Arcy Carden doesn't have enough lines

It's like a cross between Patriot and In Bruges

How the gently caress did you come up with that.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

The Rush Limbaugh episode of Family Guy is on Adult Swim right now.

... why did this episode get made at all? What idiot thought this was a good idea? What monkey-headed retard on the Family Guy staff looked at their product and said “Hey, you know what this show needs? RUSH LIMBAUGH!! :haw:”, and who was responsible for NOT immediately bashing their brains out with a brick upon hearing that, but instead approving it for an entire episode? :psyduck:

Just...... WHY???

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Mu Zeta posted:

Yeah Sarah Shahi can't catch a break as the lead

Yeah, it looks... not good. :rip:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I like Reverie a lot

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I liked the pilot for Reverie, though it was pretty bland. But I expected it to be way worse. I shoulf catch up.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

GreenNight posted:

My folks wanted this, I want this, most of my friends want this. gently caress all naysayers. I cannot wait.

I already saw TNG, I don't need it again. Nostalgia can gently caress off.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

esperterra posted:

I liked the pilot for Reverie, though it was pretty bland. But I expected it to be way worse. I shoulf catch up.

The pilot is the weakest episode imo. They've done some really creative things with the premise at this point, Sarah Shahi is great in it, and the supporting cast is at least decent.

It's not the greatest show ever but it has some cool original ideas and I'm enjoying it.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

The Rush Limbaugh episode of Family Guy is on Adult Swim right now.

I also watched it tonight.

I got a very bitter chuckle out of Rush being called a “right-wing extremist”. Christ, eight years ago (probably more like nine, given production time) we had no goddamn clue what we were spinning towards. At the time the episode aired, I thought he was one of the worst people on earth. What I wouldn’t give to have Rush as the worst the right wing has to offer again.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Regy Rusty posted:

The pilot is the weakest episode imo. They've done some really creative things with the premise at this point, Sarah Shahi is great in it, and the supporting cast is at least decent.

It's not the greatest show ever but it has some cool original ideas and I'm enjoying it.

Good to hear! I'm way into the idea of a hella watered down The Cell ft Shahi, so if it improved from the pilot (which wasn't awful anyway) I'm in.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
muscles like this Rush Limbaugh fan confirmed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Lurdiak posted:

I already saw TNG, I don't need it again. Nostalgia can gently caress off.

It'll be on CBS All Access, which is already a strike against it, but if it turns out that it's "20 years later ... Picard is still the Captain of the Enterprise-E," then I'm taking a hard pass, because I have no desire to see cameos from lardass Riker, fat-as-gently caress Spiner, Worf, etc.

Just do something different. gently caress it, do Law & Order: Starfleet Investigation Unit, with Admiral Picard and, I don't know, Odo hunting down criminals or some poo poo. As much as I like the reboot movies (yes, even Into Darkness), if they do another nostalgia trip I'll barf, because the NCC-1701 showing up at the end of Discovery's first season was just awful.