Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I just scammed an alien out of his much better ship for my completely broken newly salvaged space winnebago this game rules again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
Before I got my freighter I salvaged 2 wrecks - picked add to collection then jump back into the previous ship. Since getting the freighter I summoned it but they aren't in the landing area. Do they appear somewhere else or do I need to specifically summon them too while in the landing bay?

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Ratzap posted:

Before I got my freighter I salvaged 2 wrecks - picked add to collection then jump back into the previous ship. Since getting the freighter I summoned it but they aren't in the landing area. Do they appear somewhere else or do I need to specifically summon them too while in the landing bay?

You need to warp with the freighter. When you summon it it's just empty.
I guess they forgot to have the 'place ships in docking pay' logic run when summoning it.:shrug:

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
How / when do fleet missions refresh? I completed the first 5 I got but I'm not getting a new set. Is it on a timer? Am I bugged?

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

SubNat posted:

I guess they forgot to have the 'place ships in docking pay' logic run when summoning it.:shrug:

Of course, thanks. Bonus picture - I really wanted to buy this because it looks so cool but it was 11 slots. Huge downgrade.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

SubNat posted:

And then you also have alien monuments where you can learn the location of either a nearby ancient place, ( which'll net you anywhere from 100k - 2,500k units it seems like.) or a whooping 1 word.

To be fair, the language choice does also give you a boost to reputation with that species, and also sometimes teaches you an Atlas word as well. And thanks to Superprocessors, money is zero issue for me so I pick the language option every time now.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
They added all this base and freighter stuff but you can't collect multitools like you can collect starships because reasons. They have animated multitool displays ffs let us build those and hang them in our bases.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

SubNat posted:

needs a different way of getting the ships; like a conveyer belt, missile rack style holding pallets, or maybe a separate bay entirely

also freighter hyperspace range modules

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Waffle House posted:

needs a different way of getting the ships; like a conveyer belt, missile rack style holding pallets, or maybe a separate bay entirely

also freighter hyperspace range modules

Submarine / Battlestar Galactica launch bays, please.
Hop in a chute from the bridge, land in the cockpit, get blasted out the ship.

And yeah, the freighter technology slots are eerily empty, I'm curious if they'll add a freighter based item teleporter too.

It would be nice if it had a range of a couple thousand units, so that you could just park it in orbit above your base and access it's supplies.
(As it is it right now it absolutely doesn't mind chilling out in the lower atmosphere, hangar bay full of clouds. Hovering above your base like the moon from Majora's Mask. )

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

SubNat posted:

Submarine / Battlestar Galactica launch bays, please.
Hop in a chute from the bridge, land in the cockpit, get blasted out the ship.

And yeah, the freighter technology slots are eerily empty, I'm curious if they'll add a freighter based item teleporter too.

It would be nice if it had a range of a couple thousand units, so that you could just park it in orbit above your base and access it's supplies.
(As it is it right now it absolutely doesn't mind chilling out in the lower atmosphere, hangar bay full of clouds. Hovering above your base like the moon from Majora's Mask. )

I can't lie, that's exactly how I park it, as often as possible. Just seeing the epic silohuette from the ground makes the future bright :c00l:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

ToastyPotato posted:

I'm looking right at the quest text. It says to construct a Microprocessor. I am also looking at my inventory. The green chip says Microprocessor.

If I remember that quest right, he wants one of these which you do indeed learn from the base researcher at some point.

I remember being stumped by that mission for a while as well, and just putting it off.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Cantorsdust posted:

How / when do fleet missions refresh? I completed the first 5 I got but I'm not getting a new set. Is it on a timer? Am I bugged?

If anyone is interested, I asked in the NMS Discord and the answer is every 24 IRL HOURS. Why the gently caress would Hello Games design it like this?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I wish I didn't accept the first freighter because godamn I keep finding such cool looking ones when I can't even nearly afford them :negative:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Ratzap posted:

Of course, thanks. Bonus picture - I really wanted to buy this because it looks so cool but it was 11 slots. Huge downgrade.

Yeah I really wish you could have an armory or something. I keep seeing neat looking weapons that are a higher class than mine but my old save 22 slot B tier weapon isn’t going to be best by a rad looking 5 slot A.

Hell I’d be happy with the ability to have a a primary and secondary so I can play with mods.

e: this update is very good even if it’s occasionally buggy as hell and boy does it look way better than the old game. I still wish storage containers were The loving Worst to manage and playing inventory shuffle eternally sucks

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Yodzilla posted:

Hell I’d be happy with the ability to have a a primary and secondary so I can play with mods.

Primary / secondary for mining/combat would be nice.
Instead of needing to scroll past any weapons you have installed every single time you want to swap between mining and terrain-ing.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I bought a new frigate and it immediately got critically damaged on the easiest thing of the frigate's type it could do. I give up with these.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Broken Cog posted:

If I remember that quest right, he wants one of these which you do indeed learn from the base researcher at some point.

I remember being stumped by that mission for a while as well, and just putting it off.

You sure? Because I don't remember getting any of those and I had, like, 7 Microprocessors when I got that mission and he just took from that.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

So I'm trying to stretch a base across two mesas but random corridors keep disappearing. Any reason why?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

RBA Starblade posted:

I bought a new frigate and it immediately got critically damaged on the easiest thing of the frigate's type it could do. I give up with these.
You know, the exact same thing happened to me earlier today. 27 skill in exploration and messed up a 1-star exploration mission.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
My stupid frigate blew every system on a simple one-star trade mission. The flavour text is 'all safety systems disabled'. Reenable them you assholes! It's not enough you get half your crew turned into hybrid spacetrees by eating alien fruit?

Somebody skipped leg day.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Looking forward to the update in six months that fix all these problems

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I looted the stranger's spaceship instead of repairing the signal beacon, but I think it's too damaged to even auto-warp to my freighter. :v:

It's too bad you don't get money on trade-ins.

e: Almost my entire time playing this game has been either running from the police, stealing things, breaking and entering, or scamming people

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Aug 4, 2018

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
I'm stuck in my base build because I've been placing wooden floors in the air, and then planning to build something underneath to act as supports, but I can't find anything that can fit that. I want to use the items in decorations, like the cylinders, but they do not snap to the bottom of the floors. Does an item like this exist?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Is there a trick to finding 30+ slot explorer or fighter ships? I'm seeing a lot of 40+ Haulers, but most explorer or fighter ship seems to be in the <20 range, with a few 20-29.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

SubNat posted:

Primary / secondary for mining/combat would be nice.
Instead of needing to scroll past any weapons you have installed every single time you want to swap between mining and terrain-ing.

Or a skin system like a lot of MMOs use. Merge stats of item A with looks of item B.

Broken Cog posted:

Is there a trick to finding 30+ slot explorer or fighter ships? I'm seeing a lot of 40+ Haulers, but most explorer or fighter ship seems to be in the <20 range, with a few 20-29.

According to the NMS wiki, they're limited.

https://nomanssky.gamepedia.com/Starship

So if that's correct for NEXT, my exotic 48 cargo, 21 tech from atlas (ages ago anyway) is impossible to get now.

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys

Revol posted:

I'm stuck in my base build because I've been placing wooden floors in the air, and then planning to build something underneath to act as supports, but I can't find anything that can fit that. I want to use the items in decorations, like the cylinders, but they do not snap to the bottom of the floors. Does an item like this exist?

I used arches, mainly.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I think I might have accidentally landed on an Eldritch planet

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Polikarpov posted:

I used arches, mainly.

I'm thinking of using half arches at a 90 degree angle.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Broken Cog posted:

Well it turns out the quest text wasn't entirely accurate. He DID want microprocessors. Just not ONE. I bought a bunch in bulk because I was crafting stuff, and then I burned through some facilities and some more scientist quests, hoping he would give me what I needed, and after cycling through my log again and selecting the quest, I saw the gek was finally highlighted. I guess he wanted multiple (no idea how many.) I didn't even notice how many he actually took. But at least that is over with.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Broken Cog posted:

I think I might have accidentally landed on an Eldritch planet

When I found those things I also found these things, which are apparently plants.

You can see one of those things in the bottom right.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

One of these abandoned facilities got me 3 million on a bad economy. Just need to find one or two more and I can send a full frigate group because I'm guessing it's just not going to cut it with just one.

I figured out the frigate bug I saw too. Do not answer the hail until you're off-planet. They come to you when hurt and don't fully spawn when they enter atmosphere.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

s.i.r.e. posted:

When I found those things I also found these things, which are apparently plants.

You can see one of those things in the bottom right.

I find this planet upsetting.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

ToastyPotato posted:

Well it turns out the quest text wasn't entirely accurate. He DID want microprocessors. Just not ONE. I bought a bunch in bulk because I was crafting stuff, and then I burned through some facilities and some more scientist quests, hoping he would give me what I needed, and after cycling through my log again and selecting the quest, I saw the gek was finally highlighted. I guess he wanted multiple (no idea how many.) I didn't even notice how many he actually took. But at least that is over with.

Ah sorry, might have been one of the earlier quests that I just clicked through quickly. There is a later quest from him where for some reason I thought for the longest time that he wanted microprocessors and thought it was bugged, when it turned out he wanted a circuit board when I actually tagged the mission and looked at the tracking text.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Sedisp posted:

So I'm trying to stretch a base across two mesas but random corridors keep disappearing. Any reason why?

I had this exact same problem with a base partially dug into a hill. Sometimes the landscape wouldn't clean up inside the modules.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Broken Cog posted:

Ah sorry, might have been one of the earlier quests that I just clicked through quickly. There is a later quest from him where for some reason I thought for the longest time that he wanted microprocessors and thought it was bugged, when it turned out he wanted a circuit board when I actually tagged the mission and looked at the tracking text.

Well thanks for the heads up because that is precisely the kind of mistake I was likely to make anyway. Now I know to double check the text when I see that icon next time. I also need to make a habit of selecting missions and looking through my scanner since the log is basically useless.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

HopperUK posted:

I find this planet upsetting.

Why's that?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

ToastyPotato posted:

Well thanks for the heads up because that is precisely the kind of mistake I was likely to make anyway. Now I know to double check the text when I see that icon next time. I also need to make a habit of selecting missions and looking through my scanner since the log is basically useless.

The scanner shows it? I've been waiting for the hud popup to cycle around.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

s.i.r.e. posted:

Why's that?

It's filled with oddities!
I don't really find it upsetting. I like it.:)

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Cobalt is always in caves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

I found a fix for my overseer not giving me any missions (on PC because it requires a save editor) https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/93yg6n/game_breaking_bug_blueprints_base_building/

This might also work for other "I'm supposed to have a quest but I don't" situations, if you're willing to do some experimenting.