Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.
Above two posts, yes to both, as for the pins and needles and people stitching themselves together:

Just do it, solve the box, go all the way.

We have such sights to show you.

Edit... well not above anymore, but last two posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl2ePvUFLBq/

:thunk:

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Looks like a Cylon raider.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Or a crab claw

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

A greasy socket wrench imprint, even!

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Snowy posted:

When I was a kid I figured out that it’s painless to put a needle under the skin of your fingertips. Id stick the needle in and back out with like 1/16” of skin to keep the needle halfway through. Do that on all five fingers of your hand to really weird someone out.

But everyone did that as kids, right?

All the time, but the idea of running thread under even just that outer layer of dermis is just revolting.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

I'm straight up gonna bypass the whole pretending to be unable to read what it says thing in favor of the more pressing "ok, but why".

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

First, super ugly

Second, "Li Llove Food" why those cursive Ls?

Third who tattoos "I love food" on themselves? Gotta hope it was ironic.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Say Nothing posted:

There is worse.

Wtf is this, Silently Hill?

Zaphod42 posted:

First, super ugly

Second, "Li Llove Food" why those cursive Ls?

Third who tattoos "I love food" on themselves? Gotta hope it was ironic.

It’s obviously lI lIove Feed. They love horses and thus love horse feed. Or maybe cow feed.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 00:45 on Jul 31, 2018

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

“She’s clearly got low standards/poor taste...so I have a chance!” :quagmire:

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Stag do 'pays homeless man £90 to have the groom's name tattooed on his forehead'

A group of British men on a stag do reportedly paid a homeless man £90 to get the groom's name tattooed on his forehead.

The men were partying in Benidorm, Spain when they happened upon a man living on the streets.

They had an idea for him to get a tattoo carved into his head that read: 'Jamie Blake, North Shields, NE28'.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=T...iw=1309&bih=683

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Ugh that heart death star is so awful

A few of the ships look okay while others look awful. I wonder if the okay ones are newer or older.

Miaou
Jun 13, 2008

The I straight up looks like a cock and balls.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Tears In A Vial posted:

Stag do 'pays homeless man £90 to have the groom's name tattooed on his forehead'

A group of British men on a stag do reportedly paid a homeless man £90 to get the groom's name tattooed on his forehead.

The men were partying in Benidorm, Spain when they happened upon a man living on the streets.

They had an idea for him to get a tattoo carved into his head that read: 'Jamie Blake, North Shields, NE28'.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=T...iw=1309&bih=683

:thermidor:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Going slightly of topic, another horrifying body mod thing.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
:stonk:

Nothing but :stonk:

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Say Nothing posted:

That's from fetlife, isn't it?

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Whyyyyyyy

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

whypick1 posted:

:stonk:

Nothing but :stonk:

This was my face IRL.

I will continue with it:

:stonk: :stonk: :stonk: :stonk:

E: I’m not even sure I should mention the nail clippers in the background but I will :stonk:

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Bored posted:

That's from fetlife, isn't it?

BME was the first place I saw body mods like this. All fetlife did was make me Google "gorn" :mad:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Beer_Suitcase posted:

BME was the first place I saw body mods like this. All fetlife did was make me Google "gorn" :mad:

Warren ellis (the UK writer, not the Australian guitarist) used to link to to BME magazine every now and then with the phrase "Conan! What is best in life?" and then answering it with something along the lines of "modular facial hair!" and then a picture of a dude who had cut his own eyebrow off and was wearing the skin and hair as a mustache. That's the only one I remember but they got a lot worse than that. I'm sure they're all lost to the mists of time now, this was about 12 years ago.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Aw, Gorn died a few years ago, you know. It was unexpected and sad.

This, I don't like at all and would be interested in knowing her affiliation.

Also speaking of BME, have y'all heard about THE newest (and hottest!) way to mark yourself up?
It's called 'solar branding' and...get this...it uses the power of the sun to, like, burn a design into your flesh! Isn't that rad?

See? They use an orb! So it MEANS SOMETHING, unlike other tattoos.

Who doesn't love the scent of your own skin being burnt? No one! Everyone loves it!

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
Here’s hoping they wipe it down with Crisco.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
At least the lines are clean and even

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Vato posted:

Also speaking of BME, have y'all heard about THE newest (and hottest!) way to mark yourself up?
It's called 'solar branding' and...get this...it uses the power of the sun to, like, burn a design into your flesh! Isn't that rad?

Who doesn't love the scent of your own skin being burnt? No one! Everyone loves it!

I was wondering earlier how I could get a tattoo AND cancer at the same time, but it looks like my prayers have been answered.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Vato posted:

How do we make tattoos take as long as possible

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Vato posted:

This is equal parts stupid and cool. Stupid because, well, loving look at it, but cool in a "this is how player characters get super powers in a fantasy game" sort of way.

"I FOCUSED THE GLORIOUS POWER OF MOTHER SUN THROUGH THE CHANNELING ORB TO BURN ARCANE SIGILS INTO MY WILLING FLESH."

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I knew branding was a thing, but I've never seen it done with a magnifying glass.
Also, if you google 'branding body mod', prepare for a horror show.

Also, check out skin carving for even worse.

:nms:

https://i.imgur.com/bNoGfh0.jpg

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Say Nothing posted:

I actually do stuff like this at my studio.

"Ribbed for her pleasure" is the joke so often said as if they are the first person to come up with that correlation.

Less obvious and a gently caress ton cooler are magnetic implants.

They are about the size of a small pill and you implant them in a fingertip or, in the case of my own, the back of your hand.

If its in your fingertip you can literally "feel" magnetic and electromagnetic fields. You can feel currents passing through power cords, you can feel anti-theft devices at the entrance of shops, and then there are party tricks of just picking up bits of metal.

I use mine in the back of my hand to stick needles to it when prepping a piercing. Get the clamp or receiving tube lined up then just grab the needle from the back of my hand rather than reaching over to my station again. Its actually really useful and i cant imagine not having it now.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Ok the magnet thing is kinda cool. Can you do them so they're not super visible?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Field Mousepad posted:

Ok the magnet thing is kinda cool. Can you do them so they're not super visible?

I have a friend that has had a magnet in his finger for almost a decade. You can't really see it. He wins tons of free beer at bars betting people he can pick their lighter up with the tip of his finger.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

dpack_1 posted:

I use mine in the back of my hand to stick needles to it when prepping a piercing. Get the clamp or receiving tube lined up then just grab the needle from the back of my hand rather than reaching over to my station again. Its actually really useful and i cant imagine not having it now.

Because I'm paranoid and this is the first place my mind goes, what do you do in case an MRI is needed?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

dpack_1 posted:

"Ribbed for her pleasure" is the joke so often said as if they are the first person to come up with that correlation.

They are about the size of a small pill and you implant them in a fingertip or, in the case of my own, the back of your hand.

If its in your fingertip you can literally "feel" magnetic and electromagnetic fields. You can feel currents passing through power cords, you can feel anti-theft devices at the entrance of shops, and then there are party tricks of just picking up bits of metal.

*looks at title bar* weird, this isn't the Ask Me Anything About Performing Surgery Without a License thread

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

CzarChasm posted:

Because I'm paranoid and this is the first place my mind goes, what do you do in case an MRI is needed?

Tell them you've got it and they'll cut it out if they really have to.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

jit bull transpile posted:

*looks at title bar* weird, this isn't the Ask Me Anything About Performing Surgery Without a License thread

No anasthetic is involved. Its no different from dermal or surface piercings.

I sat with my local council to help draw up the guidelines for what they call "Reversible Semi-Permament Body Modifications".

Its a grey area at the government level and each local council sets its own rules and regs.

So long as im not using injectable anasthetics (topical products like Emla, Dr Numb, Blue Gel or Anasten is fine) then there is nothing illegal with silicone or magnetic implants.

Its obviously not for everyone and even i find the larger silicone implants a bit ridiculous, but breaks no laws.

As for the MRI question.

I suggest removing them but there is an account of someone not doing so and all it did was heat up a bit and actually restore some of the gauss rating of the magnet.

As for how big they are:

Few photos showing the scar from the incision, how its pretty much unnoticeable when my hand is relaxrx, how it protrudes if i clench my fist and push it to the surface, and lastly how strong it is.

dpack_1 has a new favorite as of 06:42 on Aug 5, 2018

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I have one that i use for erasing my enemies' cassete tapes and 5 1/4" floppy disks.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Say Nothing posted:

I knew branding was a thing, but I've never seen it done with a magnifying glass.
Also, if you google 'branding body mod', prepare for a horror show.

Also, check out skin carving for even worse.

:nms:

https://i.imgur.com/bNoGfh0.jpg

Watch the movie Modify 😉

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

dpack_1 posted:

I have never really been interested in body modification before, like having it done, but... huh.

The fingertip thing sounds really interesting.