Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be the champs?
This poll is closed.
Dillashaw, Johnson 35 52.24%
Garbrandt, Johnson 24 35.82%
Dillashaw, Cejudo 5 7.46%
Garbrandt, Cejudo 3 4.48%
Total: 67 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
https://streamable.com/tc02s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

So are either of these unranked strawweights meant to be good or what

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Brown Paper Bag posted:

So are either of these unranked strawweights meant to be good or what

Polyana is a bjj talent in the shallow pool that is womens bjj but not really tbh.

Im guessing they put this here to try and get a pretty lady some marketing pop with a submission win but... eh who knows.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

JJ's hairline makes me feel bad for her

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

For a minute I thought I missed that happened tonight and was quite confused.

Brut fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Aug 5, 2018

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

I quite enjoyed the bro out there, too.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Brut posted:

For a minute I thought I missed that happening tonight and was quite confused.

it was on the fightpass prelims

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
I was actually expecting this fight to be better than this.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
viana's getting pieced up by JJ on the feet and also comprehensively outwrestled by her, why is this poo poo on the main card

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Soothing Vapors posted:

viana's getting pieced up by JJ on the feet and also comprehensively outwrestled by her, why is this poo poo on the main card

I think the above assertion of "getting a pretty girl a submission highlight" is correct, but they made the mistake of putting her in against a girl whose primary attribute is strength.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

She's marketable

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Swanson v Moicano is next, just get them out there immediately don’t announce the winner of this fight

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
That fight should have been on Fight Pass, if at all

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

What the gently caress is this doing on a ppv.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Brut posted:

I was actually expecting this fight to be better than this.

It looks like Aldrich is better than Viana, but not by enough of a margin to take any kind of decisive advantage or finish. She's just kinda lighting her up, pinning her to the cage when they clinch, and then surviving pretty safely whenever it is on the ground.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
That belonged in the early prelims. Terrible.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/sagenorthcutt/status/1025940205067366402?s=21

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
If you can run a lap around the octagon on the buzzer you can try going for a knockout when your opponent is wobbly with 30 seconds to go!

Shadalator
Oct 22, 2005

I hate her so much. Vince could've married some young hot gold digger, bought her everything she ever wanted, and still saved tens of millions of dollars. Instead he married an old dumb zombie woman who kicked JR in the nuts. What a bitch
The marketable one won

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mr. Carlisle posted:

She's marketable

Yeah. Id market her for sure.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

When they announce gate totals they should tell us the percentage of those tickets that were comped for fighters and celebs

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

"I just fucken won in the Staples Center guys!"

*crickets*

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Yeah. Id market her for sure.

My favorite punchlady was always Gina Carano - another beautiful fighter who wasn't so good at the fighting part of it

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Im still not convinced that cunts human.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

When they announce gate totals they should tell us the percentage of those tickets that were comped for fighters and celebs

If you're trying to sell out an LA card "X celeb is gonna be there" is a pretty good way to do it, though I would bet Anthony Kiedis bought his own ticket.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Make Magomedsharipov v Rodriguez the UFC 228 main event imo

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Outside of the title fights this ppvs main card had some strange booking decisions.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Brut posted:

If you're trying to sell out an LA card "X celeb is gonna be there" is a pretty good way to do it, though I would bet Anthony Kiedis bought his own ticket.

100% dana personally comped him.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Once again making a shout out to go watch the final fightpass prelim between Torres and Perez because it loving owned so much. It's one round if you want to go watch before the swanson fight starts.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Le Saboteur posted:

Outside of the title fights this ppvs main card had some strange booking decisions.

Gus got hurt so having gustaffson and swanson as fights 2 and 3 would have made it a lot stronger imo.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Cub vs "My name is" Moicano LETS GO!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol that mustache

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Kiedis is one of those celebs who actually bought a stake in the UFC when WME offered stocks to their clients so I imagine his tickets are covered.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

With that at-once bulbous and rat-like nose Moicano looks like some classic MMA figure and I can't quite put my finger on who.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Le Saboteur posted:

Kiedis is one of those celebs who actually bought a stake in the UFC when WME offered stocks to their clients so I imagine his tickets are covered.

Ah yes the preorder bonus.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I just looked up UFC ref pay per events

That's almost as depressing as looking up fighter pay

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Mr. Carlisle posted:

lol that mustache

If he was wearing a long-sleeve shirt and slacks instead of octagon gear, I would swear he was an off-duty cop

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
cub noooo

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Didn't even see that jab I thought cub passed out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Holy poo poo that jab dropped him like it was a sniper's bullet.

• Locked thread