Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Zaphod42 posted:

I only wish death knight had a classic skin

wanna look like this

This not being a thing right out of the gate is really strange. You give us a Cyberpunk Sir Daniel skin but not the OG???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Zaphod42 posted:

I only wish death knight had a classic skin

wanna look like this

our boy dk isn't simply a lowly death knight, he's clearly a deathlord.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

The new music is cool but it doesn’t loop for me. Same for you guys?

Anyone buy the esport bundle yet? Not sure if I want to throw down $10 for essentially the gauntlet since reliquaries are useless.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Social Animal posted:

Anyone buy the esport bundle yet? Not sure if I want to throw down $10 for essentially the gauntlet since reliquaries are useless.

the gauntlet drops from chests and reliquaries anyway so there's no need.
the devs said to think of the bundle as a way of donating towards their e-sports push.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Jose Mengelez posted:

the gauntlet drops from chests and reliquaries anyway so there's no need.
the devs said to think of the bundle as a way of donating towards their e-sports push.

Weapons in the store typically run about 1100 plat, which is $10 retail in the store, so if you were going to purchase a weapon rotating through, it's effective a bunch of stuff thrown in with the skin.

If you're looking to buy loot boxes, 2 reliquaries and 200 plat is a similar value, and you're getting a skin thrown in free.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I can report that after some dismal performances I raised the in-game music volume and won two consecutive ffas.

These are probably not related but the music is pretty rad anyway. Best patch yet.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Social Animal posted:

I throw them money because I like and want to support the game. I'm an old and Quake hit when I was in high school and using the super nail gun, classic RL, and classic LTG to ruin people is endless fun for me. Plus, as much as I might enjoy some other games I don't have the time for hour long sessions each day. But I can drop three rounds of this and have a blast and then come back.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Sometimes matchmaking is really cool. I've just played a 2v4 game with the other guy on my team being completely useless as well. Pretty sure that wasnt fun for anyone involved.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

West007 posted:

Sometimes matchmaking is really cool. I've just played a 2v4 game with the other guy on my team being completely useless as well. Pretty sure that wasnt fun for anyone involved.

get on discord play with goons.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Couldn't resist so I bought the esports bundle. That gauntlet is really nice and great sound too.

Just unlocked the mastery shader for Visor and popped those name customizations on. It's a lot of work and it still surprises me how there are some people who have almost the entire champions mastery runes finished.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Social Animal posted:

Couldn't resist so I bought the esports bundle. That gauntlet is really nice and great sound too.

Just unlocked the mastery shader for Visor and popped those name customizations on. It's a lot of work and it still surprises me how there are some people who have almost the entire champions mastery runes finished.

Would be more fun if you didnt have to get challenges from lootboxes.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah getting runes from loot boxes is really stupid considering there are like 30 of them for every single character. I really would've preferred something like TF2's contract system where you unlock whole trees of runes via the loot box and then you work your way through it to unlock the next challenges etc.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Social Animal posted:

Congrats. How long did it take you?

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Social Animal posted:

For scrolls/runes the system didn't used to work exactly as it did now, plus there were less characters then. If you were grinding back then you're probably much farther along the unlocking trend than you'd be other wise.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I actually got a kill from the afterburn on Death Knight's gauntlet.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

MJBuddy posted:

Congrats. How long did it take you?

Well a year back I was doing random runes for any of the characters to try and raise up shards and stuff to get the weapons I wanted. Only recently I finally had enough complete rune pages to go for a single character. I have doom guy at his mastery challenge with about 40 more 1st places to get.

Overall visor probably took me like two months? Having to get controller medals plus the volkerh rune was 50 most accurate. Ridiculous when the other characters only need 20 for that rune.

We will see how long doom’s takes though.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Are the limited time shaders (like from Spring and Christmas) ever going to come back?

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I actually got a kill from the afterburn on Death Knight's gauntlet.

I've got some of those it's funny. Though one of the better qualities of his fire is even if the person runs away you can still see the damage numbers through the walls and chase their rear end down.

Social Animal posted:

Well a year back I was doing random runes for any of the characters to try and raise up shards and stuff to get the weapons I wanted. Only recently I finally had enough complete rune pages to go for a single character. I have doom guy at his mastery challenge with about 40 more 1st places to get.

Overall visor probably took me like two months? Having to get controller medals plus the volkerh rune was 50 most accurate. Ridiculous when the other characters only need 20 for that rune.

We will see how long doom’s takes though.

I think it's sort of weighted depending on the character.

fadam posted:

Are the limited time shaders (like from Spring and Christmas) ever going to come back?

Presumably at the holidays again.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

fadam posted:

I hope so because I didn’t get to play much so I missed out on the ushanka for visor.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Social Animal posted:

I hope so because I didn’t get to play much so I missed out on the ushanka for visor.

I'm torn, the shaders are pretty drat cool but in some cases I want the scroll skins.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Picked this up and played a few matches. It's nice to have a fast paced game with a railgun! I think my q2 railwars paid off.

Top Fragger of both games I played

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

No one mention that your first few games are against bots, let him have this.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

https://www.destructoid.com/prey-adds-fallout-and-quake-champions-skins-for-free-in-its-mooncrash-dlc-516165.phtml

I'm guessing this means we may get fallout or prey champions.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

kaschei posted:

No one mention that your first few games are against bots, let him have this.

I thought they might be but there isn't anything that says they are

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

How do I stop from going into games in trying to change my settings and it just keeps putting me in games

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

The Slack Lagoon posted:

How do I stop from going into games in trying to change my settings and it just keeps putting me in games

?

Click the X by the searching?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

MysteriousStranger posted:

?

Click the X by the searching?

I think I was bugged because I kept hitting that and it just joined games anyway. Had to restart to fix

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Slack Lagoon posted:

wtf i want nonstop games

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

That's kinda cool.

But I'd rather have Corvus or Chexguy :colbert:

Jesus, if they could get the rights to Duke or Turok... turn this into FPS smash bros

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Zaphod42 posted:

That's kinda cool.

But I'd rather have Corvus or Chexguy :colbert:

Jesus, if they could get the rights to Duke or Turok... turn this into FPS smash bros

Get hexen, fallout dude in power armor, prey dude, Duke, Turok. Grunt from quake 2, and hell pull in the revenant from doom as well.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Corvus
Active - book of power, weapons fire empowered shots for a limited time (like a short-term personal quad)
Passive - Inventory, if full armor Corvus can pick up one extra shield or armor and will automatically use it when injured

Chexguy
Active - I have no loving idea, spoon attack like doomguy's punch?
Passive - enemies killed by chexguy do not gib but fall asleep or get teleported away or something non-violent

Master Chief
Active - plasma grenade toss, only kills if you stick it but short cooldown
Passive - shields regenerate to the last tick ala Bj's health
Passive - slightly less gravity; jumps a little higher and falls a little slower

Duke Nukem
Active - jetpack
Passive - sweet one liners
Passive - mighty boot replaces gauntlet

Gordon Freeman
Active - upgraded gravity gun, can throw one player into another but only a little charge
Passive - jumps further in a straight line, no strafejumping

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Get hexen, fallout dude in power armor, prey dude, Duke, Turok. Grunt from quake 2, and hell pull in the revenant from doom as well.

K-9000 Keel IS a Revenant, dude

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Zaphod42 posted:

K-9000 Keel IS a Revenant, dude

Needs another outfit then.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Needs another outfit then.

Yeah a straight Revenant skeleton would be great. But K-9000 gives you the skull head and you've got shoulder rockets so there ya go.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Gordon Freeman's passive is that he can bhop faster than anyone in the game but only crouched and directly backwards in a straight line

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

Master Chief
Active - plasma grenade toss, only kills if you stick it but short cooldown
Passive - shields regenerate to the last tick ala Bj's health
Passive - slightly less gravity; jumps a little higher and falls a little slower
Only two guns lol.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah a straight Revenant skeleton would be great. But K-9000 gives you the skull head and you've got shoulder rockets so there ya go.

Shoulder grenades!

And yeah I wan't a straight revenant.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

This Lore system is very confusing to me. What do I actually have to do to get the badass lore skins?

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

fadam posted:

This Lore system is very confusing to me. What do I actually have to do to get the badass lore skins?

You need to get all 10 scrolls for a character to unlock it. You get scrolls if you log in the max days in a row, also one person at random gets a scroll per map. Scrolls do not duplicate per character, so if you get a scroll for character X it's always the next one. But if that character already has all scrolls you get shards.

What this means is the more characters there are in the game the harder it is to the get the skins. Also the scrolls used to be hidden in jars and pots around the map, the things you can destroy. They removed this because people would rush all the poo poo at the beginning and it was generally a poo poo show. But it also means that those who did that in the start of things generally have more of them.

Generally if you play 8 maps a day the odds are you will get one scroll. And if you just log in every day you'll see one off and on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Hiro Miyamoto

Active - Daikatana, which uh...lets him go back in time? I dunno, I guess it could turn him into Overwatch's Genji for a little bit.

Passive - Save Gems; Dead players drop gems that Hiro can pick up and use upon death to spawn at the location where he died

Passive - Bitchmaker; Splash damage radius increased by 50%, self-damage increased by 100%

Alternate outfits can include his training-bathrobe from cutscenes, and his original model ported straight from the engine, complete with grotesque, undulating vertex animations. Also they could toss the ULTIMATE GAS HANDS in the game as a gauntlet skin.