Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Weird, I used to date someone years ago, she also wanted me to gently caress her while she played Skyrim, she called it “Skyrim sex” too. That relationship didn’t end well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Skyrimjob

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the elder fucks

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

oddium posted:

turn your fingertips in and let the knuckle guide the blade people

then I'd just lose a sliver of knuckle!

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

chumbler posted:

Everything I've ever heard about mandolins (not the instrument) suggests they exist primarily to destroy fingers.

Fingers and zuccinini, so it's kind of a mixed bag.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Well, if it includes a sticker.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/duhprez_/status/1025191083452583936

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

Well, if it includes a sticker.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

this seems like, 10 years past its time

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Ouch. How big? Like, was it uh... was it like this

or more like this?

The first one, thankfully. Also I keep my kitchen knives very sharp so the doctor said he expected it will heal pretty quickly. For now, though, I have a very sore thumb that sticks out quite a bit thanks to a massive bandage.

I'm having bad luck with knives and digits lately. A couple months ago a smaller knife fell off the counter and landed on my big toe, which bled a ton and my friends thought they'd need to take me to the hospital, but it turned out it was just a little poke and toes just bleed a whole lot when they're cut. This time, not quite so lucky.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

homeless snail posted:

this seems like, 10 years past its time

Risk ZOMBIES
Monopoly ZOMBIES
Settlers of Catan ZOMBIES
Snakes and Ladders and ZOMBIES

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
dark souls and mr. driller are both owned by bandai namco

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

the colonel is playing A Lot of video games

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Housh posted:

I want to try the new cod but don’t want to preorder. Is there an open beta coming?

They usually tend to have open betas close to release like most multiplayer games nowadays.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Risk ZOMBIES
Monopoly ZOMBIES
Settlers of Catan ZOMBIES
Snakes and Ladders and ZOMBIES

and well there's star trek catan if that counts

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I would play Monopoly Gamer

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Monopoly Gamer has dlc characters

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
my power is donkey kong

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The Colonel posted:

dark souls and mr. driller are both owned by bandai namco

ダーク・ソールズ・プレイヤ

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
My summer is officially over in 2 days. School starting this early is the worst. Semper Games

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Robo Turnus posted:

My summer is officially over in 2 days. School starting this early is the worst. Semper Games

No whippersnappers in this thread imo

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

well, i've now beaten all of the mr. driller games that have scenario modes and everything from after this point is an empty retread by a different team. rip

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
also the ending of drill land was mr. driller going inside a giant doomsday drill and stopping it by flipping the battery upside down so it drilled in reverse

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

that's just how electricity works

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Did all anime really happen?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
now that you're finished with mr driller play tetris plus

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it's insanely bad and rude to me that metal gear risk is based on metal gear solid 4. if it had been a few years later it could have been a peace walker msf themed risked..........

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

oddium posted:

it's insanely bad and rude to me that metal gear risk is

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So I had heard about this before, and Yakuza 0 all but confirmed it: in Japan, they don’t lock their bikes

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

This is extremely good.

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

cheetah7071 posted:

No whippersnappers in this thread imo

I'm the opposite of a whippersnapper. I'm the teacher.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I freaking love this.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Holy crap I just finished chapter 1 of Yak 0 and its amazing to finally be invested in a story again.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

buglord posted:

Holy crap I just finished chapter 1 of Yak 0 and its amazing to finally be invested in a story again.

Man you ain't seen nothing yet. Buckle up

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

buglord posted:

Oh my dear sweet summer child, you ain't seen nothin' yet. :allears:

But for real Pledge of Demon convinced me to buy Yak0 on my PS4.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKbkd4M_ZVk

The final boss fight in the game is just so loving good

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I know the Yakuza series is all about being sidetracked by mini games and side quests but I’m trying to not get sidetracked by mini games and side quests.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I started playing portal knights and it is a very entertaining and fun minecraft-style game where you pick a class from one of 3 options (warrior, archer, and mage) and then you craft equipment and travel between small sky islands where you get to do quests or kill enemies or go exploring for treasure or follow up on whatever random event is happening or build a home base or find out what assets the place has and collect them, etc etc so on so forth. KCB and I were playing it multiplayer and we had a good amount of fun with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
FIFA ROYALE

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1026105614488018944

quote:

In FIFA 19, you'll be able to kick lumps out of your opponent without ever getting sent off.

Well, sort of. As part of a revamp of its basic Kick Off mode (the one you play for bragging rights when you have friends around), EA is adding new optional rule sets called "House Rules", one of which is a No Rules mode where the referee will turn a blind eye to everything, including fouls and offsides.

Perhaps the most intriguing rule set is Survival, in which you lose a player every time you score a goal. It should lead to even matches—it'll be hard to score when you're playing 8v11—and add a touch of comedy: you're basically racing to get the match abandoned. In normal rules, if you have less than seven players, it's game over, and the same is true here, but whoever depletes their team first gets the win.

Other House Rules include Long Range (goals count double from outside the box), Headers and Volleys (only headers and volleys count as goals), and First To... (first to a certain number of goals wins). You'll also be able to tweak the regular Kick Off games to turn them into a best-of-three or five series, or split the match across two legs.

• Locked thread