Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

It's been going since Apollo 13

Fuckin love that photo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

It's so earnest

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
there was some politician recently (not TRUMP) that was like 'hey, the majority of our astronauts are from Ohio <crowd cheers> what's wrong with this state to the point they want to leave the planet? <crowd mumbles>

i forgot the exact details of it

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

No but really Ohio is the most boring state in the country.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

psydude posted:

No but really Ohio is the most boring state in the country.

:jerkbag:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Ohio might be boring, but it's nowhere near as lovely as Arkansas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Georgia or half of Florida.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
Sorry but Ohio and Arkansas lose out to Louisiana on the food alone

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Yeah Ohio has.... a really cool Air Force museum. Louisiana has bayous, awesome food, and the French quarter.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I believe Ohio is one of the top three states Navy recruits call home.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Ive always been weirded out by Ohio. Everytime I went there was something loving different.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Ohio might be boring, but it's nowhere near as lovely as Arkansas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Georgia or half of Florida.

Sorry Savannah and Atlanta are atleast diamonds in a hunk of poo poo. The gently caress does Ohio have besides apparrntly being a state people need to care about every four years?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I had some friends from trade school from Ohio that I went and visited after I got back from deployment in 2005. Small town people, reminded me of small town Illinois. I drove to Nova Scotia on that trip, so Ohio was easily the most forgettable part, and was on the way back.

I meant in terms of social progress and poo poo, Ohio is kinda beyond those states I mentioned in the other post. If we balanced what states were great by their food and partying, Florida would be suspiciously out of place.

Georgia can just burn in loving hell. I've never had a positive experience in Georia cities or with Georgian people. Beautiful mountains and countryside, but Sherman hosed up by not burning every structure to the ground and salting the path behind him.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Aug 5, 2018

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Even South Carolina has vinegar bbq and freestone peaches, Ohio has the Browns.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
every time someone does something extremely stupid there is a 30% chance it occurred in Ohio, barely edging out Florida at 25% and the rest of the nation filling out the remaining 45%

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Meh, I tend to see Dumbass in Texas stories more than dumbass in Ohio stories. Weird poo poo just happens there like it's another bermuda triangle, like when that guy offed himself after setting his personal zoo free

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Florida gets weird poo poo, Ohio just gets sad, awful poo poo. There's a reason Ohio Man memes aren't a thing.

Or maybe Ohio just sucks so bad that whatever happens there becomes unremarkable by default, like when they had that mob war in the 70s and 35 IEDs were set in Cleveland in 1976 alone and nobody remembers.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Greene

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Aug 5, 2018

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Dead to me

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Georgia can just burn in loving hell.

Ok maybe not. :hfive:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Apparently a big part of why we get "Florida Man" stories is they require much more detail about local crimes to be reported/released than some other states. So there's probably people doing bugfuck weird things all over, but in Florida, they publish that stuff with a quickness and in greater detail.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

Apparently a big part of why we get "Florida Man" stories is they require much more detail about local crimes to be reported/released than some other states. So there's probably people doing bugfuck weird things all over, but in Florida, they publish that stuff with a quickness and in greater detail.

I don't think this is actually true and I'll back that up with having been to Florida numerous times and witnessing its denizens in the wild.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Fallom posted:

I don't think this is actually true and I'll back that up with having been to Florida numerous times and witnessing its denizens in the wild.

Florida's freedom of information laws make it way easier for journalists to get zany details of crime. But yeah, living in a meth-addled swampland will also make you do some crazy poo poo.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

That Works posted:

Dead to me

Ok maybe not. :hfive:

Louisiana isn't a chart topper to me. They have crazy poo poo happen, but it's more of the total picture that makes it a miserable place. Heat, stupid high humidity, lack of some progressive thinking. I've written off a handful of states that I'll never visit again, Louisiana isn't one of them, character is its' saving grace.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Ohio north of Columbus is 90% flat corn or soy fields, this is true.

South of Columbus is rolling glacial foothills and the birthplace of General Sherman and some pretty decent woods. Columbus has some pretty great Greek and Arab food, too. Especially for a midwest city. It's not some huge hideous metropolis, which some people might hate on if they're coastal weirdos, but I think it's just the right size for a city.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Louisiana isn't a chart topper to me. They have crazy poo poo happen, but it's more of the total picture that makes it a miserable place. Heat, stupid high humidity, lack of some progressive thinking. I've written off a handful of states that I'll never visit again, Louisiana isn't one of them, character is its' saving grace.

On the plus side, Louisiana might maybe just maybe finally join the modern era with regard to their jury conviction rules in that 10 out of 12 jurors will no longer be enough to convict people. https://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2018/05/non_unanimous_juries_louisiana.html

I know some pretty high up activists/lawyers trying to get their jury rules rewritten, and they're being, uh, "careful" with how they pitch this to conservatives.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/HumansOfLate/status/1026100309725208578?s=19

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Thought this belonged here.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
On the one hand, I wouldn't have greenlit that ad if I were in charge. On the other hand, it's pretty damned funny and the backlash was full of the most predictable spousal rage ever.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Shaddak posted:

That's good. That's Very Good.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
his TRICARE, my flip flops, a perfect match

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

egyptian rat race posted:

Sorry but Ohio and Arkansas lose out to Louisiana on the food alone

Defenestrategy posted:

Sorry Savannah and Atlanta are atleast diamonds in a hunk of poo poo. The gently caress does Ohio have besides apparrntly being a state people need to care about every four years?

Gentlemen, gentlemen this debate has been settled for some time. Mississippi is far and away the worst state. It's not even close. No matter how terrible any state might be nothing holds a candle to MS.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

shame on an IGA posted:

Ohio has the Browns.

*ahem* I believe you mean the BRO NS

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I don't know if it's like this any more, but in the Eighties it seemed like every third person I met in the Nav was from Wisconsin.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Shaddak posted:

idgi

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

I think it's a joke about people marrying into the military for the benefits package.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Wingnut Ninja posted:

*ahem* I believe you mean the BRO NS

This is good.

Also apparently Trump tweeted something along the lines of "yeah the meeting was about getting dirt on clinton but totally legal"

So he admitted what we all assumed.

https://thinkprogress.org/for-the-first-time-trump-confesses-that-his-campaign-turned-to-russia-for-help-1add0c286eba/

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

*looks at Twitter*

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1026084333315153924?s=21

:lol:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
The Narcissist's Prayer:

That didn’t happen.
And if it did, it wasn’t that bad.
And if it was, that’s not a big deal.
And if it is, that’s not my fault.
And if it was, I didn’t mean it.
And if I did…You deserved it.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Nice and hot piss posted:

Your blood pressure really doesn't get directly affected with hyponatremia solely on the issue of low sodium. What you worry about with hyponatremia on a physiological level is the change in osmolarity within the vascular system. As solutes *I.E sodium* leaves the body, water begins to extract from your vascular system and infiltrate cells and most importantly, the brain. Since the brain of course is in a very finite space, you begin to have significant neurological complications associated with cerebral edema/herniation which is the biggest fear factor when dealing with cases of hyponatremia.

Blood pressure usually isn't directly correlated with hyponatremia itself but usually associated with the main reason why they became hyponatremic in the first place. Things such as burns, SIADH, persistent vomiting or diuretic abuse will cause a secondary hyponatremia on top of a hypovolemic state. There are reasons that cause people to stay in a "hydrated" state or hyperhydrated state that still causes hyponatremia and really the only thing you're battling as a provider is just correcting their NA value on the lab chart.

Every time I saw SIADH in my textbooks, my brain converted it to "SOAD" and Chop Suey began playing in my head.

Side note: are you a Nurse Practitioner? You seem way smarter than the average nurse.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Based on how many dancing baby gif home-lender banner ads were floating around last time, I feel comfortable calling this the edge of the cliff for the global economy.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
That meeting was definitely not legal.

quote:

52 U.S. Code § 30121 - Contributions and donations by foreign nationals
(a) Prohibition: It shall be unlawful for—
(1) a foreign national, directly or indirectly, to make—
(A) a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;
(B) a contribution or donation to a committee of a political party
(2) a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of paragraph (1) from a foreign national.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Its happening?

• Locked thread