Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012

TipsyMcStagger posted:

So I'm at Saturn junction and I'm starting to feel extremely weak. I have a hek maxed with a potato but I don't have the mods to max it. I have point blank max, tactical pump max, incendiary round max and shotgun status card.

In addition to the Syndicate mod mentioned above, you're hitting the part of the game where armor starts to get nasty. If you're not running in a group with multiple Corrosive Projection auras, you really want to have either corrosive (electricity + toxic) or radiation (electricity + heat) damage to help with armored enemies. Ask for elemental mods in alliance chat and someone will hook you up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
So, with them adding wallrunning back, as in no stupid hops, will this be possible?

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
The corrosive projection meta is probably my least favorite thing about the game atm, in terms of balance and mechanics. It seems like there are so many interesting builds/ideas that could be explored with the aura slot, but it's all discarded in favor of the near-mandatory corpro mod. Have there been any indications from DE that they are planning to look at it?

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
DE struggles immensely with balancing enemy toughness to the over the top power levels players have become used to. The damage rework that was rapidly abandoned during Khora's development would have been one part of a potential armor solution.

I can't see it getting worked on any time soon. Maybe next year with the Tau stuff it'll get touched. DE have hinted they want an emphasis on tankier/cc frames more and sentients would be a good test bed for damage changes.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

In as far as they've addressed Corrosive Projection directly, there was a video with Rebb and Steve not to long ago that just had them answering community questions and one was about corpro. They basically said 'well it's not actually as common as you think, it isn't the most used aura on pc' or something to that effect. So I don't think they have any plans to address it directly. Rather, like Avynte said, a rework of damage types work is probably closer to what they're looking at, or at least were looking at.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Heck, we've all seen how used corpro is in your average pub sortie or EOS :shepicide:

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

There's simply no reason to build for anything but Viral+Slash/HM right now, because you either have enough Corpro armor reduction in your cell to make the point moot and everything dies immediately, or you don't and have to rely on health reduction and armor bypassing damage to do the heavy lifting. That's the binary choice that high level armor reduces you to.

If physical damage is going to be reworked, every physical proc has to apply damage over time. Who the hell cares if they knock down an enemy that will get right back up, or put a damage reduction effect on one target in a horde shooter?

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

TipsyMcStagger posted:

So I'm at Saturn junction and I'm starting to feel extremely weak. I have a hek maxed with a potato but I don't have the mods to max it. I have point blank max, tactical pump max, incendiary round max and shotgun status card.

I imagine I'm missing some sort of mods that make my life better like multishot?

The Shortest Path posted:

There's a syndicate mod that triples your damage effectively

I've heard Shattered Justice is pretty good, but even just Point Blank and Hell's Chamber has kept my Hek as my "serious business" primary, and I'm just past the Saturn junction myself.

Someone in here explained the elemental stuff to me, and I found that made a difference. I've been going for gas lately, though I'm fond of the radiation wibbles.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

You have three loadout tabs, you can just set a different element on each for the three different factions for maximum optimization if you want.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Avynte posted:

Heck, we've all seen how used corpro is in your average pub sortie or EOS :shepicide:

In my experience, the difference in time to kill an EOS stage full of enemies is between 4x Corpro with goons and 1x with pubs is something like 1-1.5 seconds. Frame choice and build seems to be a way bigger deal in EOS.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Thanks for the riven tips earlier, y'all. Unfortunately it was for a Cesta when unveiled, but I could at least pawn it off on a guy for 50 plat.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I still can't read Riven without thinking about the sequel to Myst.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

aegof posted:

In my experience, the difference in time to kill an EOS stage full of enemies is between 4x Corpro with goons and 1x with pubs is something like 1-1.5 seconds. Frame choice and build seems to be a way bigger deal in EOS.

The ol' volt+saryn combo make corpro extremely optional in EOS (volt blows up corpus on spawn, saryn melts grineer almost as quick, and they both work well against infested), but on the other hand 4x corpro makes me deal like 5-10 times the damage against grineer as a volt and that's kinda hard to just ignore you know

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Uranus underwater levels :rolleyes:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Uranus underwater levels :rolleyes:

Also known as "swamp rear end".

devinebovine
Sep 7, 2006

Bring corpro! What a wonderful phrase

Bring corpro! Ain't no passing craze

It means no worries for the rest of your days

It's our problem-free philosophy

Bring corpro!
Armor is not as big a deal as Goons make it out to be. In specific, high-level situations, yes, it has a large impact. In Elite Onslaught and armor-enhanced sorties, Corrosive Projection makes a huge difference. But for everything else? It hardly matters. I run with pubs all the time, and almost never see a full squad with CorPro, and you know what. If we're fighting Infested or Corpus then CorPro is entirely useless, and if we're fighting Grineer then we just use weapons that deal corrosive/viral/radiation damage. And everything STILL gets deleted.

Yes, Saturn and Uranus have a difficulty jump because of armor, but 4x CorPro isn't the only way to chew through those planets.

The reason the devs aren't focused on changing the armor calculations is because not everyone always uses CorPro, and one reason not everyone uses Corpro is because it just doesn't matter. The vast majority of players aren't doing eight-hour survivals, and the difference between deleting a dude in one shot with a lenz and deleting a dude in one shot with a lenz is nothing. Without 4x CorPro my corrosive amprex build melts Grineer just as fast as my viral/hunter munitions build does with 4x CorPro.

Armor is a thing, but the dogma of "CorPro all the time" ignores the actual realities of play.

Run whatever aura you want, plan accordingly, and everything's fine.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Armor is even less of an issue if you do bring CorPro! :v:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it really, absolutely, doesn't matter for the vast majority of missions

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
The all eximus grineer interception for the one devstream mission sure made me wish I had brought it, though.

Iafeth
Jul 17, 2017
Today i've finished the last junction. Inaros with hunter's adrenaline carried me to the end. Apparently, sand is one of the best weapon in this space war, go figure it out. Feels like cheating.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Avulsion posted:

If you're having trouble getting headshots, go to PoE and shoot an eidolon in the face. It'll count for riven unlocks even if you don't do any damage.

If you're too impatient to wait for night, an archwing launcher will help. It makes it easier to get line-of-sight at that range. Obviously, invis Izual works best.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Someone just gifted me a warframe slot, so, thanks.

Also, this was my first time driving that archwing thing and it feels pretty sluggish compared to the regular cyberninja thing.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

super sweet best pal posted:

I still can't read Riven without thinking about the sequel to Myst.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

SIGSEGV posted:

Someone just gifted me a warframe slot, so, thanks.

Also, this was my first time driving that archwing thing and it feels pretty sluggish compared to the regular cyberninja thing.

The archwing missions loving suck, why don't they just delete or rework it already.
When you respond to an alert cos it's got like 20k credits and a fancy blueprint then it loads into space and you realize it's another archwing mission, it feels like you acidentally touched the toilet with your balls

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

The archwing missions loving suck, why don't they just delete or rework it already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCgR4WQ0Co0

?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Iafeth posted:

Today i've finished the last junction. Inaros with hunter's adrenaline carried me to the end. Apparently, sand is one of the best weapon in this space war, go figure it out. Feels like cheating.
Radiation - gonna shoot my buds, but otherwise still standing.

Corrosive acid - gonna take a little more damage, but still standing.

Sand - OH GOD WHY NOT THE SAAAND

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

I'm pretty new at this, and just got my first riven mod. The unlock condition is something like do a 30+ survival and don't kill anything. Does it really want me to join a mission and sandbag it?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kobogartimer posted:

I'm pretty new at this, and just got my first riven mod. The unlock condition is something like do a 30+ survival and don't kill anything. Does it really want me to join a mission and sandbag it?

You can play solo if you don’t want to be a drag on your team. Just go in as Limbo and perform sick parkour moves for five minutes while everything else tries and fails to kill you.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

When you respond to an alert cos it's got like 20k credits and a fancy blueprint then it loads into space and you realize it's another archwing mission, it feels like you acidentally touched the toilet with your balls

It's so weird to see something like this when the canonical and almost perfect example of how (space)mechninjas should move and fight already exists and is called Armored Core 4 Answer.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Whoever is Benjamin_Sisqo in game, I got a Blaze with your name on it.

I too was not paying attention :v

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Kobogartimer posted:

Basically, yes. Play solo (because anyone killing anything fails the riven if I remember right) and run around opening boxes for precious canned air for 5 minutes.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Loki or Ivara are good for those too. Go invis and just smash loot crates while the timer counts down.

On a separate note, I owe someone in the clan 100 ducs from the Baro event. You traded me some prime stuff so I could get you a (I think) Supra vandal, but gave me too much. Baro is along next weekend so please remind who you are so you can use your ducs.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
If you're fighting level 40+ enemies, armor vs. no armor absolutely matters. For example, if you're doing Hydron and going to wave 25-30 (which is quite common for leveling), bringing 4x corpro will save you a lot of time. In most endless void fissures you'll want to bring 4x corpro to save a bunch of time. In my experience, once I cleared out the star chart, most of my time spent playing the game is in missions/game modes where I'm dealing with level 40+ enemies where armor plays a factor -- PoE bounties, void fissures, sorties, kuva, etc.

Something that often gets lost in the corrosive vs viral debate is this: if you strip their armor away and they have a red health bar, viral damage gets a sizable multiplicative bonus to many enemy types in addition to its amazing proc. Likewise, once you're dealing with red health bars instead of yellow, corrosive will lose its multiplicative bonus. So if your team is modded for viral, 4x corpro vs 3x corpro is night and day, because that's the difference between red and yellow health bars. If you don't notice much of a difference between 4x corpro vs not, make sure your weapons aren't modded for corrosive.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
Speaking of Hydron... there's a Hydron void fissure up. Time to do some leveling and get ducats/forma.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

do people ever run 3x corpro + 1 other aura with someone bringing coaction drift or am i way overthinking things for this flippy space ninja game

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Tsurupettan posted:

do people ever run 3x corpro + 1 other aura with someone bringing coaction drift or am i way overthinking things for this flippy space ninja game

with eidolons that's a thing but with the way armor DR scales, no other aura in the game has as much effect in terms of damage dealt and I think all 3 people would need corpro+coaction to get the same 100% armor removal to free up the 4th person's aura slot which is too much to ask for unless you routinely premake a 4p lobby, i think.

At the end of the day no aura matters when you aren't dealing with high level armor and only corpro matters when you are. The auras themselves might need an overhaul because that's pretty dumb the entire system can boil down to that, but it also means the prevailing wisdom of slot corpro and forget it remains true until then.

for example, armor is dumb enough that a corpro providing that armor stripping returns more effective damage boost to your rifle than a maxed out rifle amp. armor is truly that stupid.

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Aug 5, 2018

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Corpro is love.

Corpro is life.

Get your corpro today.

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

I don't have any invis guys yet, I'll try Trinity or hang onto it for now if that doesn't work. Thanks guys.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Have armor scaling negated by the rank of your frame so if you have a rank of 20+ it’s fine to use whatever aura and in sorties everyone would have negated the armor already. If you freshly forma a frame there’s still an option to pack CP at least or have others make up for your low MR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dueling Bandsaws
Mar 3, 2016

SomeKindofVerb posted:

Is there a ready list of the guns and melee Rivens that are all meta and stuff? Like I occasionally get the urge to try and just offload some of them for bits of plat, but with Rivens I universally feel like I must be being ripped off.

I know the Riven Market website is a thing but it doesn't always feel like the best metric because the lowest prices there usually start in the hundreds and they can't all be worth that, and they're probably not to me.

And people buying, "trash Rivens for 10p," just feels like some kind of net in which to catch people who don't quite understand the metagame behind the market and grab some super valuable ones on the cheap...

https://semlar.com/rivenprices/lanka

Another site that pulls riven prices from trade chat, which can give you a relative idea of what rivens/stats people are looking for.

A rough guide to finding “meta” riven weapons is to look for weapons with good base numbers (crit, status, etc.) but high dispos: that usually indicates the weapon has a weird mechanic that people ignore in favor of more straightforward weapons, but will give a second look if they can get a +200% crit riven for it.