Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
100 soccer players parachute onto an island and all of them immediately fall over and begin crying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Nothing described there even remotely resembles a royale mode outside of the use of the word "survival" :confused:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mario Strikers Switch when?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyPW4g6H66w

this is a cool video about the whole culture of japanese video game bars and how they got mega-hosed by copyright law

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I finished the main storyline for Shivering Isles! :toot: All in all it was a very fun expansion with some memorable moments and I'd say the most inventive quests in the whole game. Now I just need to clear out a few more dungeons and read a bunch of books and I can finally put this game to bed :woop:

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Rarity posted:

I finished the main storyline for Shivering Isles! :toot: All in all it was a very fun expansion with some memorable moments and I'd say the most inventive quests in the whole game. Now I just need to clear out a few more dungeons and read a bunch of books and I can finally put this game to bed :woop:

Oblivion? I need to play shivering isles at some point.

Last time I installed oblivion, I must’ve spent more time tinkering with FCOM and a million other mods to get them to play nice, than I did actually playing the game.

Honestly could probably just slap OOO onto the base game and have a go with that. BUT WHY STOP THERE

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Oblivion? I need to play shivering isles at some point.

Last time I installed oblivion, I must’ve spent more time tinkering with FCOM and a million other mods to get them to play nice, than I did actually playing the game.

Honestly could probably just slap OOO onto the base game and have a go with that. BUT WHY STOP THERE

you also need to set up another mod for shivering isles cause ooo doesn't cover it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I think one of the Elder Scrolls’ thread title used to be, like, “Maybe we’ll actually play this time!”

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/HumansOfLate/status/1026100309725208578

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Todd howard wont let you kill kids but we will.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Idk why but that just reminds me of the military recruitment office at the mall that was across from gamestop and how one day my stepdad and I went in so that I could stop at gamestop and then afterwards he was like "okay now come with me, you're signing up for the military"

"what?"

"Come here, now! You're signing up for the military!!"

So this argument breaks out where I talk about how I don't want to go into the military and also I legit can't go because of my epilepsy and he just ignores all that and says he's going to make me join the military. Eventually he gives up on trying to drag me in and he goes into the recruitment office on his own in an attempt to sign me up. They ask if I have any preexisting conditions and he says I have epilepsy and they tell him that they can't take me into the military. He storms out of the recruiter office, says "you can't join the military because of your epilepsy" as if this was news to me, and just heads back to the car without a word, no apology or anything.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

what the gently caress

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

FirstAidKite posted:

Idk why but that just reminds me of the military recruitment office at the mall that was across from gamestop and how one day my stepdad and I went in so that I could stop at gamestop and then afterwards he was like "okay now come with me, you're signing up for the military"

"what?"

So this argument breaks out where I talk about how I don't want to go into the military and also I legit can't go because of my epilepsy and he just ignores all that and says he's going to make me join the military. Eventually he gives up on trying to drag me in and he goes into the recruitment office on his own in an attempt to sign me up. They ask if I have any preexisting conditions and he says I have epilepsy and they tell him that they can't take me into the military. He storms out of the recruiter office, says "you can't join the military because of your epilepsy" as if this was news to me, and just heads back to the car without a word, no apology or anything.

what the gently caress

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

"what?"

What did you get at GameStop

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah but what game did you buy

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I don't remember taking any games home with me that day so I probably didn't see anything at the store at that time.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

Todd howard wont let you kill kids but we will.

:drat:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Though I have bought games at that store in the past, they had a good selection of bargain bin ps2 titles that I had fun riffing on, like RTX Red Rock which was a failed lucasarts game that was clearly trying to be the start of a new series and it's about a guy named Eugene Zeno Wheeler who used to be a marine or something and then he was trained in the RTX program which is "Radical Tactics eXpert" which is a program that creates one-man-armies. Eugene, or as he's referred to in-game, EZ Wheeler, and his AI wife, go to Mars because some aliens are there and they attacked a Martian base. My copy was glitched and wouldn't play certain FMVs and when I'd open up any door that was into a loading area, it'd load up all of the enemies and objects but not the map and if I tried walking into the void, the game would freeze until it loaded in. I could get away with shooting into the void though, that was cool because the enemies existed and were loaded but their AI wasn't loaded so they'd stand there doing nothing til they died. Also, EZ Wheeler is basically sonic. You have a roll button and it makes him curl up hilariously tight and just roll everywhere.

Another bad game I got was Pirates: The Legend of the Black Buccaneer, which honestly wasn't that bad, it was just kinda generic. I'd describe it as almost being a kind of metroidvania. From the very start, you have a map that tells you where every upgrade on the island is and the upgrades vary from "you're stronger now" to "this is basically a glorified key" and you have no penalty whatsoever for dying so you can kill bosses and enemies by just dying, immediately respawning, and tossing yourself back at them. Also, the platforming was weird. You have a jump button but the jump button is really poo poo on its own and you can tell the devs didn't really want to bother with designing a proper platform system for this game so what happens is you find a platform you can jump to, you press the jump button, and then the game just kinda carries the main character over to the place you were jumping to. You never have that kind of control when jumping on flat ground so it's funny seeing this dude just loving soar through the air, graceful as one can.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

your dad is dumb for ratting you out. you make it through boot camp hiding your condition then separate medically for a monthly $3,000 check and free healthcare for life.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FirstAidKite posted:

"what?"

Christ, that sounds just like my dad. I feel for you, FAK.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Oh yeah I forgot that the aliens in RTX Red Rock are called LEDs, which is short for "Light-Emitting Demons"

lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twDhJt-_PX4

Just watch from the start until like 4:40, that's the game's intro lol

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I was on board until they introduced the hero.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Saint Freak posted:

100 soccer players parachute onto an island and all of them immediately fall over and begin crying

Lol

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

Christ, that sounds just like my dad. I feel for you, FAK.

It wasn't even the first time he tried something like that lol

We were in the car once after doing some shopping and he takes a detour and instead of being at home, we're at the local office for OVR. I forget what the acronym means but basically it's a place you can go to to sign up and see if you're qualified for money and/or support from their organization if you are disabled in some way. I'd only been there once before and they had determined that they couldn't actually help me at the time for some reason, I forget what the specifics were. What I do remember is my stepdad just driving up, parking the car, turning to me, and saying "Go inside and get your money."

Like, yeah, okay, sure, all I have to do is just walk into this building and be like "hey I want money" and they'll give it to me. This was legit what hew as thinking, he thought all it took to get OVR cash was to go into their office and ask for it. We argued because I didn't want to go in (tbh I was afraid), and eventually I tell him to just drive home because it doesn't matter how long he waits, OVR isn't suddenly going to decide to give me money because I showed up in person. So he drives home and I start walking home because I'll be damned if I sit there for the duration of a car ride while he's mad. That and he wouldn't let me back into the car unless I got the money from OVR.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Christ. I’m sorry FAK

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

al-azad posted:

your dad is dumb for ratting you out. you make it through boot camp hiding your condition then separate medically for a monthly $3,000 check and free healthcare for life.
this sounds pretty good tbh

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

losing a player every time you do well is, like... the opposite of survival though

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
A terrifying descent into the childhood that thankfully only exists in our memories. Jfc, FAK. Glad you’re still around staying positive.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

al-azad posted:

someone should have told me about this when i was recruitment age

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The 11th Hour is the worst game I've played this year

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Quest For Glory II posted:

The 11th Hour is the worst game I've played this year

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

This is a book that takes place with a big feast right? I remember reading it in 3rd grade and being too stupid to figure out who did it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Christ. I’m sorry FAK

S'fine, it's my comedy routine now, my life is filled with enough absurd stories that it makes for a good dark comedy kinda thing with just how ridiculous and over the top it gets. Like, it'd be one thing if I said "man I had a poo poo life growing up" but it's like, idk, I try to be funny about it because I think it's worth trying to tell those stories in a way that will highlight the ridiculousness and absurdity of it all, the fact that these were things that happened, the cartoonishness. I apologize if it seemed like I was mining for sympathy, I just thought it'd be a kind of funny thing because it's like "hey let's go grab a game" or "hey let's go grocery shopping" followed up with "GO BE IN THE MILITARY NOW, THAT'S THE ONLY WAY YOU'LL BE OF ANY USE TO ANYBODY" or "GO GET YOUR OVR MONEY NOW, THIS IS HOW THINGS WORK AND YOU CAN FINALLY BE USEFUL" 'cause lmao how does that even happen

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

oh hell yes

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Is there a goon Dark Souls discord somewhere on the internet and could I get a link to it?

I have so many questions. :saddowns:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

buglord posted:

This is a book that takes place with a big feast right? I remember reading it in 3rd grade and being too stupid to figure out who did it.

Yep, that's the one. I loved those books.

Its pretty tricky to put it all together as a kid, I found most of the clues but I don't remember if I figured it out or not. (http://www.mathsdigest.net/id457.htm)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Klaus88 posted:

Is there a goon Dark Souls discord somewhere on the internet and could I get a link to it?

I have so many questions. :saddowns:

There is a thread here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3855732 and the OP has a discord link

or you can post any questions and I can answer them here

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

FirstAidKite posted:

S'fine, it's my comedy routine now, my life is filled with enough absurd stories that it makes for a good dark comedy kinda thing with just how ridiculous and over the top it gets. Like, it'd be one thing if I said "man I had a poo poo life growing up" but it's like, idk, I try to be funny about it because I think it's worth trying to tell those stories in a way that will highlight the ridiculousness and absurdity of it all, the fact that these were things that happened, the cartoonishness. I apologize if it seemed like I was mining for sympathy, I just thought it'd be a kind of funny thing because it's like "hey let's go grab a game" or "hey let's go grocery shopping" followed up with "GO BE IN THE MILITARY NOW, THAT'S THE ONLY WAY YOU'LL BE OF ANY USE TO ANYBODY" or "GO GET YOUR OVR MONEY NOW, THIS IS HOW THINGS WORK AND YOU CAN FINALLY BE USEFUL" 'cause lmao how does that even happen

you're so unique you feel like a cliche

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm for real glad you post here and also that you are here, existentially

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
just when i was thinking bloodborne couldn't get any radder, i found the blood moon. now that's a good sky box!

not really a fan of this new area's gimmick but the boss is dead so maybe I'll never have to come back

• Locked thread