Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Didn't know he was married to someone half his age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Most people near his age are dead.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

He already said Logan was it for him as ProfX and they killed him off on screen.

He said he's down for a Deadpool cameo

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Finally watching infinity wars and am glad the one thing that remained unspoiled for me was the guy who was waiting for thanos and gamora in soul stone planet

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Gotta wonder if the snap affected the planets Thanos already had depopulated by hand

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Calaveron posted:

Gotta wonder if the snap affected the planets Thanos already had depopulated by hand

Oh poo poo. You are right.

Oh yeah, I cried again with Tom Holland's scene. That thing is always gonna get me, drat.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Also I don’t know if it was in this thread or the cd one where the guy’s sister was speculating that Dr Strange gave the stone to Thanos because he sent it there from the past to send it back to the future to help them or something and I totally agree that’s what’s gonna happen based on Dr Strange saying they were in the “endgame” which is the supposed leaked subtitle of the next movie seconds before crumbling

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

Road to Perdition for sure

Fun Road To Perdition fact, it is actually partially based on a real story where the Looney crime family was brought down by a a conflict between the family and a formerly loyal lieutenant.

Although obviously the original comic book is more historically accurate than the movie,

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Desperado Bones posted:

Oh yeah, I cried again with Tom Holland's scene. That thing is always gonna get me, drat.

That scene was spoiled for me and all the memes about it ruined any kind of emotional impact it would have had on me.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I had it spoiled and still had watery eyes in the theater

And then I watched the other day at home and did it again

I don't want to go :cry:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

site posted:

I had it spoiled and still had watery eyes in the theater

And then I watched the other day at home and did it again

I don't want to go :cry:

And Tony whispers quietly kid your movie made gangbusters and two studios wanna keep you going you’re gonna live forever

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It was weird characterization that Tony stabs Peter with a blade arm and turns to Gamora saying "If he was about to die it doesn't count as murder"

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Jamesman posted:

That scene was spoiled for me and all the memes about it ruined any kind of emotional impact it would have had on me.

Yeah, between that and going in knowing it was part 1 of a two part story (and knowing the original story) the movie really didn't make me feel much.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
A guy behind me just kind of chuckled dryly when Black Panther started to dissolve and that's about the emotional response I think the movie earned.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dan Didio posted:

A guy behind me just kind of chuckled dryly when Black Panther started to dissolve and that's about the emotional response I think the movie earned.

To be fair, that scene was probably filmed before Black Panther turned into a surprise mega-hit.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Wheat Loaf posted:

I'm interested in seeing opinions on something: as far as non-superhero comic movies which came out around the same time go, which do folks prefer: Road to Perdition or A History of Violence?

Ghost World

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

BiggerBoat posted:

Ghost World

Hmm. It did have the greatest villains in any comic book movie (Blueshammer).

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
Going into Infinity War, I had no idea how they were going to make the fight scenes with Thanos credible and engaging, considering how powerful they've made the infinity stones. Surely they'd have to downplay their power, which would feel disappointing and a copout, or make Thanos a loving moron. (The Flash manouvere I believe its called).

Having then watched it, I was astounded by how much mileage they got out of 'He has to close his fist to activate them'. Whoever thought of that deserves a raise.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

CityMidnightJunky posted:

Going into Infinity War, I had no idea how they were going to make the fight scenes with Thanos credible and engaging, considering how powerful they've made the infinity stones. Surely they'd have to downplay their power, which would feel disappointing and a copout, or make Thanos a loving moron. (The Flash manouvere I believe its called).

Having then watched it, I was astounded by how much mileage they got out of 'He has to close his fist to activate them'. Whoever thought of that deserves a raise.

Iron Man armor evolving to being nanites that essentially allowed him to create green lanternesque constructs was also a big help on that aspect

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The nanosuit was really cool

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I like watching YT vids where they do progression of Stark Tech as the films progress. It's really fun to see them go full comic book with it.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

site posted:

The nanosuit was really cool

My only complaint is that I prefer the clunkier armored look of the old suits more than the sleek bodysuit look

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I doubt it would ever be explained but im curious as to whether the war machine armor has some kind of nanotech to replicate ammo, cuz ive never figured out where that all would come from

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

I doubt it would ever be explained but im curious as to whether the war machine armor has some kind of nanotech to replicate ammo, cuz ive never figured out where that all would come from

Bullet Dimension.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
:eyepop:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Rhyno posted:

Bullet Dimension.

Don't be so PG about it. Bullet Hell.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

Calaveron posted:

My only complaint is that I prefer the clunkier armored look of the old suits more than the sleek bodysuit look

Yeah, my favorite part of Iron Man is Tony designing and building the suit. There was something really satisfying about watching it come together. I do think that a lot of the appeal of the character lessened the more implausible and comicbooky the suits became

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Nanosuit sucks because it's just too much

Never go full nanobot

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nano anything is lazy and bad.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
What watching all those configurations pop out on the fly was cool as hell

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I have mastered nano technology!

*makes blade arms and retarded poo poo with it*

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Here's a piece of trivia: Black Panther reached the $700 million North American box office milestone this weekend, only the third movie ever to do so after Avatar and The Force Awakens; Disney was evidently keen to hit this mark because they have kept the movie in cinemas continuously since February.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Wheat Loaf posted:

Here's a piece of trivia: Black Panther reached the $700 million North American box office milestone this weekend, only the third movie ever to do so after Avatar and The Force Awakens; Disney was evidently keen to hit this mark because they have kept the movie in cinemas continuously since February.

I noticed it was still at my local theater last week when I went to see Mission Impossible. I was amazed.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Watching the same repulsor beam I've seen in 5 movies already sounds pretty boring to me :shrug:

I can't believe I'm hearing it's too comic booky for a story about a bunch of comic book superheroes fighting an 8 foot tall purple monster man from a comic book with a magic gauntlet on an alien planet in a movie adapted from a comic book tho

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Wheat Loaf posted:

Is infinity wars still in theaters?

Does that mean my prediction that black panther would outgtoes it domestically was correct?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I wonder if Wakanda would let Tony into their Vibranium stock to make a full armor out of the stuff. Look what he's been able to do by just synthesizing a small amount to power his cores.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Another broken white boy? Not a chance.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Jamesman posted:

I wonder if Wakanda would let Tony into their Vibranium stock to make a full armor out of the stuff. Look what he's been able to do by just synthesizing a small amount to power his cores.

I would imagine not, unless he had someone to make sure he didn't do anything stupid with it.

I'm thinking Adventures in Babysitting starring Shuri and Tony.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Tony would definitely somehow make ultron again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

Is infinity wars still in theaters?

Does that mean my prediction that black panther would outgtoes it domestically was correct?

I think it is.

Also, yes:

• Locked thread