Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did VG Close the Poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 1 100.00%
No 0 0%
Total: 1 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
ai gameplan seemed to be "make enemy safelane eat poo poo" to start with

so merlini's having a real bad day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Merlini and Cap are the weak links

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
capitalist is so unbelievably bad at this

what does he normally play? it can't be support, because this is painful

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber
Cap is an offlaner

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

The perfect blind dust. :tinfoil:

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
didn't he see a courier heading back from the riki tho? that's why i thought he dusted

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

gg

Merlini and Cap are so bad. Ruining it for the humans.

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
I agree they suck rear end but geting insta hexed and stunned on any initiation prolly sucks even more rear end. Like I said, wish I could see an actual pro team play vs the robots.

life_source
May 11, 2008

mikeraskol posted:

gg

Merlini and Cap are so bad. Ruining it for the humans.

EDIT: vvvvv
Hopefully by TI time the AI will have advanced enough that there are no more modifications of rules. A lot of the restrictions were lifted between the first 5v5 and this set.

life_source fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Aug 5, 2018

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I'm not too invested in these four not-pros, including two hero spammers whose heroes aren't in the pool and Merlini who supposedly quit dota, play against the robots. I've heard there's other groups who have the opportunity to play today though, Hachiko was trying to form a team to play against them whose team I would put more stock in than the current team, but then also some Divine player whose team I would not put stock in.

Like this is impressive from the bots, sure, but I don't put a ton of stock in them beating these particular five players on a modified ruleset. I wonder how the robots would even fare against this team if you only gave them one courier.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I would like to see humans picking tanky heroes who don't get owned by assassinate

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

I think they need to take this Aggressif Gyro away from OpenAI.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

They're getting nervous and not adjusting. Zero cloaks/hoods against massive magic dmg. No one is making calls to engage properly, they're not on the same page. The one chance they had to take a tower they just dived into shrapnel and flak instead of hitting the tower.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I'd like to hear why they gave the AI 5 couriers. Would they not stop hijacking the courier from each other?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

schmitty9800 posted:

They're getting nervous and not adjusting. Zero cloaks/hoods against massive magic dmg. No one is making calls to engage properly, they're not on the same page. The one chance they had to take a tower they just dived into shrapnel and flak instead of hitting the tower.

I think Merlini could have tried to go for a hood but I think you're underestimating slightly how much he got dumpstered and how fast OpenAI is playing.

Who else is going for hood on that team? Shaker has to get blink. SF can't do it (or maybe he should?).

Peewi posted:

I'd like to hear why they gave the AI 5 couriers. Would they not stop hijacking the courier from each other?

They said this earlier - the AI simply isn't ready to deal with just having one courier that can be killed. They are working on it.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Peewi posted:

They don't have any micro abilities. There's no illusion runes in this game either, or micro heroes, etc.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Robo Turnus posted:

didn't he see a courier heading back from the riki tho? that's why i thought he dusted

i don't think the bots "see" couriers. in the first game they continued to chase into the trees the wrong way even though a courier brought items the other way.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

This is actually super interesting though, like how they taught this AI to value Roshan.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Is it one AI running five heroes, or five unconnected AIs trained to do different roles?

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEt0nBwwIHE

mikeraskol posted:

Who else is going for hood on that team? Shaker has to get blink. SF can't do it (or maybe he should?).

Casual cloak for the supports, and yeah I think you go Hood first for DP there. Abuse your own invincible courier too.

schmitty9800 fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Aug 5, 2018

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

goatface posted:

Is it one AI running five heroes, or five unconnected AIs trained to do different roles?

I think it's 5 disconnected AIs where each one has a different setting for how much to prioritize team vs myself.

e:
https://blog.openai.com/openai-five/

quote:

OpenAI Five does not contain an explicit communication channel between the heroes’ neural networks. Teamwork is controlled by a hyperparameter we dubbed “team spirit”. Team spirit ranges from 0 to 1, putting a weight on how much each of OpenAI Five’s heroes should care about its individual reward function versus the average of the team’s reward functions. We anneal its value from 0 to 1 over training.

astr0man fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Aug 5, 2018

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Go bots

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
rip in pieces slark

life_source
May 11, 2008

???

theyve broken the bots with this garbage team

life_source
May 11, 2008

capitalist is still vigorously losing for his team by not rotating

literally as i posted this capitalist conitnued to lose for his team by rotating

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Really neat that the bots are using body blocking.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
'as a quad-lane slark'

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

This could be real bad when Sven and Axe get blinks

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Humans are obsolete

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

mikeraskol posted:

Humans are obsolete

certainly veggies e-sports are obsolete, a thing we already knew very well and didn't need a showmatch to tell us

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Are they going to get this one out to 30 minutes?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He says, as they get three

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Bots are now feeding

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Seems like the bot is a bit panicky if it gets behind.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Yeah this is the thing I was skeptical of the bots of, and why I was suspicious of the 5-courier situation. The bots rely so heavily on their ability to ship regen and their perfect last-hitting that their only real strategy is to 5-man deathball out of the laning stage and win on that alone, and if you manage to come out of the laning state just going even the bots just sort of have no idea what to do.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Almost like it's behaving in accordance with how it thinks the game should be going at this point rather than how it is.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
For example: base diving

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

I know someone said this already but Purge talking about what the OpenAI is thinking about is loving hilarious.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'd like them to start aggressive pushing to see how the bots are at high ground defence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Like this.