Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marlboro for Cats
Apr 14, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
I'm starting to think not all of these people discovered Pokemon cartridges in their grandma's ashes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

I lost my dad two months ago. We didn't share many hobbies, but we both had a love for the Fallout series. It was only fitting that my first tattoo celebrated that, and Incorporated some of his ashes so that he'll always be with me.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Were his dad's ashes divvied up into multiple take-home boxes?

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Kazak posted:

Were his dad's ashes divvied up into multiple take-home boxes?

No, you see, the thing he loved most about his dad was that the dad was never over-encumbered and thus could always fast-travel.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Fallout is ok, but lmao if you bonded with your dad over a video game and not your mutual love of thrash metal

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

AWarmBody posted:

I lost my dad two months ago. We didn't share many hobbies, but we both had a love for the Fallout series. It was only fitting that my first tattoo celebrated that, and Incorporated some of his ashes so that he'll always be with me.

Overencumbered. Fitting.

She should’ve gone with bloody mess

Kyron
Aug 6, 2013

AWarmBody posted:

His dad would be ashamed that he doesn't know how to properly organize his storage

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

my dad loved leisure suit larry so i hosed my aunt at his funeral [gilded x3]

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

ElGroucho posted:

Fallout is ok, but lmao if you bonded with your dad over a video game and not your mutual love of thrash metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OYZ04mCGCo

thrash can be a bridge, or burn it all down. it does not compromise.

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
About to catch a legendary Pokémon, wish me luck!

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

houstonguy posted:

3,2M upvotes

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

right in the feels

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

AWarmBody posted:

i’m the loving upside down tattoo

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
I'm the blood poisoning from having a dead man's cremated body put in my skin

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

The more intuitive readings I am doing the more energies are coming into our home. I'm doing my best to protect our home but I am needing more in my tool bag! Even last night my non-metaphysical/"can't see it, doesn't believe it" husband was experiencing the energies. So today's mission is to clean house! What do you beautiful souls have for me?! THANK YOU

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
that sob story is fake as gently caress, it's just some marketer account getting them sweet karma so they can market better on the platform

if you spend enough time on reddit, it's like 90% marketing accounts talking to each other in an attempt to pass off their marketing as man on the street views

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs
Idk this is anecdotal but I know many people that openly talk about stuff they saw on Reddit. They're the worst,

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
This is gif is the best content I've seen on Reddit in years: https://i.imgur.com/r8dwK4j.gifv

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

AWarmBody posted:

This is gif is the best content I've seen on Reddit in years: https://i.imgur.com/r8dwK4j.gifv

Well.. some people a just a bit slow on the uptake.

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

2nd Battalion

Morphix posted:

that sob story is fake as gently caress, it's just some marketer account getting them sweet karma so they can market better on the platform

if you spend enough time on reddit, it's like 90% marketing accounts talking to each other in an attempt to pass off their marketing as man on the street views

I’m the entry-level “social media analyst” emailing my manger on a Sunday afternoon to authorize another $500 upvote buy for the Fancy Feast campaign because the comment section of the latest astroturfed post has, once again, been taken over by white nationalists and men’s righters.

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"

Frog Act posted:

i also wrote this

maybe you should stop writing stuff

definitely stop

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

AWarmBody posted:

I'm the blood poisoning from having a dead man's cremated body put in my skin

i'm the dad who's gonna haunt this nerd's rear end forever for desecrating my corpse for epic gamer upboats

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

houstonguy posted:

I've seen probably three different Pokemon proposal images today...

Just what I would want to feel as a woman. Trapped by a young boy. Only allowed to come out when it's time for a fight

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

AWarmBody posted:

I've seen probably three different Pokemon proposal images today...

Just what I would want to feel as a woman. Trapped by a young boy. Only allowed to come out when it's time for a fight

lmao wait more than one person has used that card?

Edit: you can buy it here for $7 lol

https://jessichucreations.com/colle...ball-masterball

Edit:

quote:

So tonight I proposed to my girlfriend (now fiancee) Pokémon style. When I decided I wanted to ask her hand in marriage I knew I wanted it to be Pokémon themed. I saw a picture of a proposal Pokémon trading card and I knew what must be done. So I searched for the card and found it. After finding the card and ball set, I ordered it and inpatiently waited for its arrival. Now I was like how do I casually give this card to her and do the proposal? Our two year anniversary was coming up and that was when I decided to do it. She told me she wanted to eat at a hibachi style restaurant. So after finding a place to eat I asked her if she wanted her family there or just eat with strangers. She agreed that we should eat with family as it would be more comfortable. So with all that in place it was now time to decide how I was going to casually get her the card. I decided that the best way was to play a game. The game was to see who would get to choose the appetizer for the entire group. The way we would do this is everyone got an envelope with a Pokémon card and which ever card had the highest HP got to choose. Well I made sure that she got her card and everyone else got a random Pokémon. So we went around the table opening our envelopes one by one letting everyone see what they got before going to the next person. I made sure that my girlfriend went last. She opened the envelope and caught a glance at the card and immediately burst into happy tears and stood up. I then got down on one knee opening the love ball revealing the ring. I told her I loved her and asked her to marry me. She said yes!!!

Tears In A Vial fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Aug 5, 2018

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Frog Act posted:

its all poo poo

story of my life

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib
Where's the Magic the Gathering proposal cards?

And what wizard does it depict?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
The M ball means it's guaranteed to successfully catch the victim no matter how much it would normally refuse, right? That's pretty dark

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

dudeness posted:

Where's the Magic the Gathering proposal cards?

And what wizard does it depict?

i know you're joking, but it's here:

https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Proposal

quote:

Proposal was a card made specifically for the Magic game inventor Richard Garfield. It is one of the rarest cards in existence. Indeed, even the artwork has not been revealed to the general public.

Around October 1993, Richard Garfield approached Dave Howell (aka Snarke) to produce a special card. Richard was planning on proposing marriage to his girlfriend Lily Wu, and wanted to do it in a special way.

Tears In A Vial fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Aug 5, 2018

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

"She tried to make a cake after a night out of drinking with her friends"
https://www.reddit.com/r/gifs/comments/94tc3b/she_tried_to_make_a_cake_after_a_night_out_of/?st=jkhfkads&sh=29d1648c
LMAO AT MY GIRLFRIENDS TERMINAL ALCOHOLISM

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Tears In A Vial posted:

lmao wait more than one person has used that card?

Edit: you can buy it here for $7 lol

https://jessichucreations.com/colle...ball-masterball

Edit:

quote:

So with all that in place it was now time to decide how I was going to casually get her the card. I decided that the best way was to play a game. The game was to see who would get to choose the appetizer for the entire group. The way we would do this is everyone got an envelope with a Pokémon card and which ever card had the highest HP got to choose.

loving god you can’t make this up :chloe:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I thought the comments would be bad, but holy hell they're all puns and concern about the floor or recipe rather than the human that obviously needs help

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i like that the second or third most highly upvoted and sympathized with one is like "lol i can't stand dirty kitchens i clean while i cook!"

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

my wife is dead and she didnt use a coaster

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I’m the horrified look on that lady’s face as she stares at the man 15 years older than her who has coordinated his t-shirt with her outfit.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

learnincurve posted:

I’m the horrified look on that lady’s face as she stares at the man 15 years older than her who has coordinated his t-shirt with her outfit.

theres more pics here https://imgur.com/gallery/ixolD

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

quote:

Hello, I am looking to marry my long time girlfriend in April and am looking to incorporate PokemonGo in my proposal as it is something we love doing together. I am looking to possibly speak to Niantic, any help is greatly appreciated.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/7vkfaa/pokemongo_marriage_proposal_help/

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Her eyes dear god.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Also creepy that he's using a masterball, which always captures the pokemon. basically saying, "you will say yes to me and you will never leave"

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Julius CSAR posted:

Also creepy that he's using a masterball, which always captures the pokemon. basically saying, "you will say yes to me and you will never leave"

That only makes it creepier if your already a dork

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Bip Roberts posted:

That only makes it creepier if your already a dork

We're posting on SomethingAwful dude