Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
let me ntr chidori

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Hope its actually good this time around.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
remove the lovely persona fusing part and just make each character an eo class.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

as soon as the p3-p5 director goes to make a fantasy game they bring back minako. thoughts?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
My thoughts are that I am excited for the best OTP to finally come back.

But really, given the male P3 protag is there too I'm hoping they don't have both simultaneously appear and have none of the P3 cast recognize her.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

as soon as the p3-p5 director goes to make a fantasy game they bring back minako. thoughts?

The Phantom Thieves stole Atlus' heart.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
if they dont have a danger zone remix, im gonna kick the game's rear end

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Given how it appears the dungeons will have a movie theme, we better have a Like a Dragon dungeon.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Endorph posted:

P6 confirmed femc.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I would've preffered just having the p5 cast in. Having three whole casts is way to many to write compellingly. And the game will probably be poo poo just like q was. And I'll still loving buy it because I'm an idiot who wants to hang out with my Japanese highschool friends.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I really lost patience having to juggle the ten+ characters Q1 gave you, adding in seven more sounds like a disaster.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Justin_Brett posted:

I really lost patience having to juggle the ten+ characters Q1 gave you, adding in seven more sounds like a disaster.

Eight more, actually. Goro was in the corner of one of the shots.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Yay they acknowledge P3MC's existance!

But yeah, three casts would be obnoxious to play around, and removing people from P3/P4 would also probably piss some people off.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Just hope you can pick and choose your party so it P3P Female MC, Makato, Chie, Yukiko, and Futaba on support.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Gaius Marius posted:

Having three whole casts is way to many to write compellingly.

Plus the requisite filler character(s) to make the plot exist. Since Rei and Zen were all new and could've been real characters, almost, but still also only got a whole one personality trait each I'm not holding out any hope that adding more will make the writing any better.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Featherman dungeon please

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Holy crap they actually remembered that she exists! The film aesthetic could also be interesting, I guess. The mechanics will need an overhaul to deal with such a huge cast, though.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
The twist is she's not going to be in the game. :frog:

I'm happy they added her, even if she and Dog were not in the rhythm game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is there a recommended stat to pump for the MC in SMT 4 or should I just go with what I'm gonna use most skill wise + some luck?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sakurazuka posted:

Is there a recommended stat to pump for the MC in SMT 4 or should I just go with what I'm gonna use most skill wise + some luck?

If you're doing a Physical build, pump Dex, Strength is just plain worse.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN5Gjttkt4c

Here's an English subtitled version of the Q2 trailer.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Writing will be rear end but maybe the dungeons will be goos this time.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

You can't go wrong with 3 dex/mag and 1 each of agility and luck per level. Physical and magic are both pretty equally viable, though I think physical is better for post game dlc if you are planning on doing that.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
https://twitter.com/MysticDistance/status/1025864658912247808

https://twitter.com/MysticDistance/status/1025866404434796544

https://twitter.com/MysticDistance/status/1025870841987432448

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
So can they not have Makoto and Minako in pictures at the same time because people might get confused?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Are there like any general tips for bosses in SMT 4? Any fight that not a one sided stomp for me on the first turns into a one sided stomp against me and obviously the former isn't going to happen on a boss.
Currently stuck on Medusa.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Justin_Brett posted:

So can they not have Makoto and Minako in pictures at the same time because people might get confused?

Pretty much. Since he's an official artist they still have to stay within canon. Even just a festival scene where Minako is doing an activity with the girls while Makoto and the guys are just watching them isn't something that could happen in the Persona 3 universe (prior to Q2.) Even with the internet existing they would rather not have someone post "When does the girl character unlock I want to date her?"

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
that is really a dumb reason

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

they could just make both available in the game and switch off which one gets put in official art like John and Jane Shepard or the various Dragonborns and Inquisitors and whatnot. Like, this is a problem other people have solved.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Are there like any general tips for bosses in SMT 4? Any fight that not a one sided stomp for me on the first turns into a one sided stomp against me and obviously the former isn't going to happen on a boss.
Currently stuck on Medusa.

Medusa is the last boss that is actually difficult. The easiest win is to fuse a Raiju, which is immune to both lightning and gun so Medusa can't really damage it and will lose a bunch of press turns using aoe attacks.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Looks like my only choice for one of those right now is grinding a Gremlin up to lvl 14 which might take a while. :sigh:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Asuza Kido sounds pretty great.

I thought PQ was alright, my purchase will depend on if I can listen to Wiping All Out in pq2.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Aug 6, 2018

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/p_kouhou/status/1026301006588534788

Live like right now

E: P3FEMC featured separately as being from Persona 3 Portable

Also Wiping all Out is A DLC

Dehry fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Aug 6, 2018

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Looks like my only choice for one of those right now is grinding a Gremlin up to lvl 14 which might take a while. :sigh:

If you aren't level 18 yet, Foul Hooligan and Avian Suparna are both immune to electricity and level 16 and 15 respectively. Drake Zhu Tun She (level 9) is immune to gun but will probably be one shot by Zionga. Your other option is just loading up on as many demons with force as possible and just blitz her down. Megami Fortuna (level 13, special fusion) in particular gets Zan, Media and Sukukaja naturally and is easy to fuse.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ok so the story is they're stuck in a movie theater without an exit and there's a mysterious girl who's probably dead and another mysterious character like the last one. Labyrinths are the movies themselves.

FEMC is pretty much getting sucked in separately so we have the Persona 3 cast with Makoto as the person they know.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I just want to play as FMC again.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/MysticDistance/status/1026307436997697537

With how posting works this should also get the one before it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Still missing the P1/P2 crew.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

MonsieurChoc posted:

We got Persona 3 Portable FC, one step at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm sorry but the first Persona game was P3. It's sort of like how Star Wars started at episode 4.