Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Wow cigarettes are really good, same floor i got them on I got the medic ladies, brought me over like 10 coolness, then I got the vorpal gun, then I got the gungine on the next floor, and another S chest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Got around to clearing robots past after a small handful of attempts

I junked every chest I came across and bought the flag thing from the store in hopes of finding junkan but it never happened. Oh well. Wins a win.

PS4 version seems kinda weird. When you kill the past the rainbow overlay for the credits only covers a small portion of the screen and every junk I pick up after finding junkan a few runs ago now says Knight in Shining Armor even when he's not around

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
now i, personally, must enter the gungeon to correct my mistake of NOT GETTING THE loving BULLET ON MY WINNING ROBOT RUN loving gently caress

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Man I am really good at doing fantastic and getting tons of great weapons and no-hitting all the bosses and then dying to an ice cube guy on floor 4

I don't even feel all that pressured, I just get sloppy. I think it's mainly because I'm not yet used to the room layouts and enemies on the 4th and 5th floors yet :(

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
Boy they did not do poo poo to optimise the Wallmonger for the Switch, huh

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

lol

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

spit on my clit posted:

now i, personally, must enter the gungeon to correct my mistake of NOT GETTING THE loving BULLET ON MY WINNING ROBOT RUN loving gently caress

Let he who never forgot to pick up the Bullet That Can Kill The Past cast the first stone.

Bloodied Scarf?

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Finally killed my first past! :toot:

Game kept me awash in all sorts of good guns and passives and pickups, easily my most powerful run so far. Also +speed and flight make clearing rooms soooo much easier.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
finally beat the advanced dragun, christ alive that was a chore

i don't know if i'm going to bother fully defeating the rat, that punch-out segment is utter clownshoes and my reflexes are too shot by the time i make it that far to get past the final round

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

precision posted:

Man I am really good at doing fantastic and getting tons of great weapons and no-hitting all the bosses and then dying to an ice cube guy on floor 4

I don't even feel all that pressured, I just get sloppy. I think it's mainly because I'm not yet used to the room layouts and enemies on the 4th and 5th floors yet :(

if you play the bullet for any amount of time and then try to go back to any other character, you might forget that making contact with enemies hurts you

because i did multiple bullet runs and killed the lich and the bullet's past and now i'm trying to pull off a robot win and i keep forgetting i can't roll thru enemies and it suuuuuuuuucks

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Latest Challenge Run: Took one hit of Spice too many and out came Lord of the Jammed.

Died at a Jammed Floor 4 Boss.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

AkumaHokoru posted:

is the skull on top the number of failed runs?

Yeah the skull indicates total deaths.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Ooh hey a glitch chest

...huh? WHAT

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

when I stop using robot breaking chests will continue to drop hearts 100% of the time right

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

spit on my clit posted:

Ooh hey a glitch chest

...huh? WHAT

WELCOME TO DIE

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i thought i'd get a cool gun, not shot with fourteen guns and little eyeball men

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

spit on my clit posted:

i thought i'd get a cool gun, not shot with fourteen guns and little eyeball men

beat the eyeball men and you get fifteen guns!

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
I have like 200+ hours in this game and I've seen one glitch chest. They're super rare.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
man i want to love this game but every boss that has additional adds can just go gently caress themselves

i swear you have a fantastic start then you get bullet twins and then ammoconda and your health is all gone :negative:

Tellaris
Dec 23, 2005

Cat On Rope Entertainment: Random comments since 2004

Desperate Character posted:

man i want to love this game but every boss that has additional adds can just go gently caress themselves

i swear you have a fantastic start then you get bullet twins and then ammoconda and your health is all gone :negative:

Nah man. bullet twins are ezpz and ammoconda's main body is the real threat. The High Priest is all the fun of adds, without anything you can actually kill to stop the random rear end bullets coming at you.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
ammoconda is hell not because of the adds but because it's very fast and constantly getting up in your face, which no other boss really tries

the closest equivalent is Cannonbalrog and it only approaches you very slowly for one bullet pattern type, otherwise its stays put or rolls around

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Excuse me there's a tank with higher movement speed than you, that you need to outrun while weaving between dozens of bullets (and some adds)

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
The sling loving owns wtf

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I'm pretty sure >50% of all damage I've taken in this game has been from the basic bitch single shot bullets. I can weave between intricate bullet patterns with ease but my brain apparently can't process individual bullets

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Any kind of expanding ring of bullets kills me hard.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Fellatio del Toro posted:

I'm pretty sure >50% of all damage I've taken in this game has been from the basic bitch single shot bullets. I can weave between intricate bullet patterns with ease but my brain apparently can't process individual bullets

Well yeah, our brains are wired to make sense of patterns. A random bit of noise tends to get ignored until it smacks you in the face.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
That phase one lich seeking bullet gets me every time

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
im going to kill you past and make it later

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

people actually making it to the lich and here I am getting dunked on by the beholster... is there some secret trick or is this game just BoI without the crutch combos that let me power through that game?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I’m almost out of goals to accomplish. I think the advanced dragon is the last thing to do. I’ve been trying it using the curse shrine and bullet instead of skipping the rat with the egg item just to make it harder and last longer.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Motherfucker posted:

Any kind of expanding ring of bullets kills me hard.

I find those the easiest things to deal with. :kiddo:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Motherfucker posted:

people actually making it to the lich and here I am getting dunked on by the beholster... is there some secret trick or is this game just BoI without the crutch combos that let me power through that game?

This game is like if BoI took skill to play rather than sheer luck. It's really all about timing your rolls, being aware of your surroundings, your spacing, and memorizing boss patterns. There's a lot of guns/items/upgrades that can synergize with each other to create some amazing effects.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
This game is 20% luck and 80% memorizing patterns and AI. I can fairly consistently get runs that can beat the Dragun, but to beat the Rat generally requires at least one useful gun (unless you're the Bullet)

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

And that's the Hunter. Not even a crazy powerful run or anything I think I'm just getting good at dodging, even no-hit the Dragun for the first time. With the bullet assembled its much better that I can just focus on getting through all 5 floors instead of secondary objectives. Also despite the pilot's abysmal starting weapon I think he's actually growing on me. A 50/50 shot at opening a few extra D/C tier chests is actually a pretty big deal, despite the low ranks of the items with synergies and such alot of them become pretty drat good.

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Aug 7, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Battle Standard + Super Space Turtle is a hell of a way to conserve ammo haha

There should be a trophy for clearing a floor without ever firing a shot yourself because I think I'm about to do that

precision fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Aug 7, 2018

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Had a run earlier today where I got Spice in the Oub in a Black Market that I got into only because of vamping my health down to one half, used 3 before the rat, and got 3 more as drops from the fight.

Ate em all and went down to 3 Hearts :unsmigghh:

Didn't care, got hit on bosses even though I was disintegrating them.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

3 runs 3 pasts knocked out, hot drat. I'm sure bullet hell will kick my rear end when I get there though. Also now I have to play the convict which is, not appealing.

Also the pasts have been real easy, basically equivalent to a chamber 1 or 2 boss really.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I found a glitch chest.

I had the mimic-tooth necklace on.

:negative:

Also: Helix Bullets & Remote Bullets at the same time makes things get w e i r d

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Confession in that I just hit 50 deaths and still haven't killed the lich. I'm somewhat upset by this.

Every run I decide to go for it ends up having me clear like 20 goddamn rooms that whittle me down due to being nervous and making stupid mistakes before finding the entrance then I just do chip damage like crazy and die to phase 2 or 3. Every video I've seen of people beating him all poo poo out like a million damage shots and I've just never had a run like that.

E: Nailgun vs A loving Tank
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm9ShOWcxhE

Best weapon???

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Aug 7, 2018