Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I've seen simple syrup for ~$2(and a less pretentious label), which seems like a slightly more reasonable "gently caress it, CONVENIENCE" price point.

Although at that point you might as well be honest with yourself and buy a bottom-tier mixer instead. At least then you're getting food coloring and artifical flavors with your sugar water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I went out for a burger, and their milkshake menu made me think of you guys

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Okay to be fair I've bought simple syrup because I'm busy and sharing one full kitchen with eight people can be a pain in the rear end.

I made this at work today for my client. It was all delicious but apparently I plate things terribly.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Picnic Princess posted:

I went out for a burger, and their milkshake menu made me think of you guys

If wanting to try the chocolate-coconut one is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Can I get the chicago mix with wifi?

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Scathach posted:

Okay to be fair I've bought simple syrup because I'm busy and sharing one full kitchen with eight people can be a pain in the rear end.

I made this at work today for my client. It was all delicious but apparently I plate things terribly.

It's not beautiful, but it certainly looks delicious. I'm more of a utilitarian eater, myself.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Even if I was told that that was the most delicious part of the thing and was an international delicacy, there's no way I'd put that green monstrosity in my mouth.

Apparently it's the liver and eaten raw in japan and it's supposed to be like foie gras?

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
A 1:1 sugar to water ratio is going to be some weakass poo poo. Try a 2:1 ratio instead. And yeah, I've bought simple syrup before because I wanted a cocktail sometime that evening. Do you have any idea how long it takes to cool down a pot of freshly boiled sugar syrup? The answer is loving forever.

I mean, I wouldn't pay $5 for a tiny bottle like that, but yeah, there's a legit reason to buy sugar water if you're really into making cocktails. If you just want to get wasted, get some soda or the cheap margarita mix and go hog wild. Or do both, I ain't judging.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/superdeluxe/status/883761791125209088

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Well I recognize the raspberries at least in what looks like a pie of questionable chicken parts and possible pasta

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Aesop Poprock posted:

Well I recognize the raspberries at least in what looks like a pie of questionable chicken parts and possible pasta

Two great usernames

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

No, millenials will make their own basil infused syrup. Boomers and gen xers buy it because they don't know how to make it and get paid more than us.

Gen xer spotted.

:wrong:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

it's a bit of a cheat because the recipe didn't call for pastries

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I bought a bottle of Simple Syrup because I didn't have one. I just make my own whenever it's empty now.

Also, I make Kool-Aid by making simple syrup first then adding the flavoring packet.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I buy simple syrup made with Splenda because I try not to drink my calories if I can help it, and thanks to my Oxo cold-brew coffeemaker, I can go through a lot of iced coffee that is not as fun unsweetened. (Ideally I use a shot of orange syrup and top it with Redi-Wip.) I have made my own Splenda simple syrup, though--and immediately turned it into zero-calorie coffee syrup. I'm starting to think coffee may be my real problem.

Today I scored bags of two of Lay's regional specialties: Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Wavy Chips (available everywhere for a limited time) and Deep-Dish Pizza (inspired by Chicago's Giordano's). I thought the Midwest was supposed to get Fried Pickles with Ranch; I guess someone lumped Detroit in with Chicago. (We do have some fine pizza.) I'll report on 'em later and keep an eye out for Fried Green Tomatoes, which I remember liking very much the last time it made the rounds.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper flavor owns, I bought some last year

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

Iron Crowned posted:

Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper flavor owns, I bought some last year

Had some last night and I can't remember them tasting much of bacon, jalapeno or poppers. Pretty bland, and that's coming from a rural Brit who lives in the mid-west.

Scathach posted:

The green things look like chocolates. They're not chocolates, are they?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Cavenagh posted:

Had some last night and I can't remember them tasting much of bacon, jalapeno or poppers. Pretty bland, and that's coming from a rural Brit who lives in the mid-west.
Funny--I opened that bag first and was just appreciating how much I can taste the bacon, the jalapeno, and even the cream cheese. :iiam:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Cavenagh posted:

The green things look like chocolates. They're not chocolates, are they?

Watermelon, avocado and throw up.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

Hirayuki posted:

Funny--I opened that bag first and was just appreciating how much I can taste the bacon, the jalapeno, and even the cream cheese. :iiam:

There's a slight chance I might have been drinking a little.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Found out today that a guy I work with puts jelly on his scrambled eggs. He also like maple syrup on eggs.

dafuq

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Somfin posted:

Two great usernames

Mission: Impastable

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Cavenagh posted:

There's a slight chance I might have been drinking a little.
You might have indulged in the wrong vice, seeing that there are 420 calories in a whole (small) bag. :420:

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/KosherSoul/status/1026308138201427968

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
ribs are the only meat that everyone has a consensus about having to be cooked to well-done, cuz that's how a low and slow bbq has to roll

it could actually really be good. they'll prolly gently caress up on the execution tho

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Jack Daniel's BBQ Ribs IN A BUCKET - Two Bites was All I Needed - WHAT ARE WE EATING??: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V8u4EoS6iY

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

bob dobbs is dead posted:

ribs are the only meat that everyone has a consensus about having to be cooked to well-done, cuz that's how a low and slow bbq has to roll

it could actually really be good. they'll prolly gently caress up on the execution tho

By Armour, the people who brought you potted meat and pork brains in milk gravy...

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
ah, i thought it was a new product
1963, lol

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

LostCosmonaut posted:

Found out today that a guy I work with puts jelly on his scrambled eggs. He also like maple syrup on eggs.

dafuq

This is a man who loves him some pancakes and syrup but decided the former could be excluded from future meals

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

RareAcumen posted:

This is a man who loves him some pancakes and syrup but decided the former could be excluded from future meals

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LostCosmonaut posted:

dafuq

maple syrup is amazing on all breakfast foods. Eggs, sausage, bacon, harsh browns, etc.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ordering my browns extra harsh next time

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mmm tire

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Whoa. This reminds me of how I used to make sugar water when I was in Middle School.

Basically, you make a cup of tea, but you don't heat the water or put a tea bag in it.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

steinrokkan has a new favorite as of 12:03 on Aug 7, 2018

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Funnel snakes :yum:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

I came to ask what, exactly, I'm looking at here. Turns out the answer is in the quote.

Maple taffy on snow.

:randvince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tashilicious posted:

maple syrup is amazing on all breakfast foods. Eggs, sausage, bacon, harsh browns, etc.

I wouldn’t specifically pour it on top but dabbing a little bit of egg into the syrup you use for sausage or pancakes etc tastes fine