Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Well I guess I'm boycotting Talking Dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Whats up with Hardwick? I've never watched the talking dead. Some kinda #metoo/sexual conduct thing?

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Dongattack posted:

Whats up with Hardwick? I've never watched the talking dead. Some kinda #metoo/sexual conduct thing?
His ex-girlfriend wrote this article about all the horrible poo poo he did when they dated (and afterwards):
https://medium.com/@skydart/rose-colored-glasses-6be0594970ca

If this is true (and I believe it is), then he's a shitbag.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

JazzFlight posted:

His ex-girlfriend wrote this article about all the horrible poo poo he did when they dated (and afterwards):
https://medium.com/@skydart/rose-colored-glasses-6be0594970ca

If this is true (and I believe it is), then he's a shitbag.

Oooooohhhh, THAT was Chris Hardwick. loving gross. They read aloud a lot of what she writes there on one of the freaking norwegian metal radio stations of all things lol, but the name (if they even said it) didn't really ring a bell at the time, but i've connected the dots now.

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jul 27, 2018

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Literally killing off all their star power in the last season's since Glenn: I don't think is wise and the writers know this. Plus it's getting to be cliche to kill someone just to get them off the show

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Everyone's gonna quit the show and the writers will bring Glenn back from the dead to be alone with all the extras. "He's actually fine, it wasn't HIS head that got caved in."

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

Dongattack posted:

Everyone's gonna quit the show and the writers will bring Glenn back from the dead to be alone with all the extras. "He's actually fine, it wasn't HIS head that got caved in."

There will be a flashback where some guy that was next to Glenn that no one ever noticed or mentioned got the bat, while Glenn deftly rolls under a nearby dumpster which also, inexplicably, no one noticed or mentioned.

He's been hiding under that dumpster the whole time.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Dongattack posted:

“He was hiding under the bat” is the working theory

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Dongattack posted:

S11 starts with
‘Glenn? Glenn can you hear me?!’

Glenn opens his eyes, groggily taking in... Carl?! But he’s fully grown now?!

‘Whoa, sorry ‘bout that buddy, you okay?!’

Blearily, he looks and sees... Negan?! Standing above him with a baseball bat?!

...oh, they’re just beer league softball players and Negan caught him in the head on an accidental back-swing. He imagined all of the zombie poo poo while temporarily knocked out.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Prediction: Maggie miscarries and the zombie-fetus chews it's way out of her like the opening of Alien.
:unsmigghh:

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

TFW your boy finally gets out of that lovely situation.

There's something gross and military style about "it's been an honour, sir".
Why say that?

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Because maybe she feels honored to have worked with him

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Retardog posted:

Because maybe she feels honored to have worked with him

Oooooor, she's been indoctrinated into military worship!!!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Make the Walking Dead a prequel to Death Stranding and let Kojima take over.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Taear posted:

There's something gross and military style about "it's been an honour, sir".
Why say that?

Lincoln is Show Dad: people showed the same deference to EJO and :bsg: lasted half as long. :shrug:

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I had pretty much decided to stop watching this show after season 8 but it seems too intriguing to see how they try to write rick off the show and the potential train wreck that will be. Plus I’m predicting season 10 will be the final season.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I stopped watching this lovely show, but I just saw on twitter that Negan is going to be in Tekken 7, a fighting anime video game thing. lol

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I guess it's cool that Negan will get to appear in at least one good thing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Berzerker posted:

I stopped watching this lovely show, but I just saw on twitter that Negan is going to be in Tekken 7, a fighting anime video game thing. lol

I had to look this up because holy poo poo what

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy3BHkOA6eM

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
should have been mortal kombat tbh, but still pretty cool for how bonkers a crossover that is

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Princeps32 posted:

should have been mortal kombat tbh, but still pretty cool for how bonkers a crossover that is

Didn’t MK have Freddy Kruger, Jason Voorhees, and Leatherface at one point?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

Yes and it was awesome.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

LadyPictureShow posted:

Don't forget the Alien.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Don't forget the Alien.

And Predator!

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Finally started watching FtWD and finished S1. The smartest person in the show was killed off. Everyone else deserves to die especially Chris the dad.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Just keep watching

You have to get through season 3

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
And then stop watching after Season 3.
It ended there. They cancelled it on a high note.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Im on S2E3 now. They (or just Nick, because “let’s not tell each other vital things” is probably a thing) just discovered zombie gut armor. I hope they actually use/remember this it woulda prevented a lot of problems in the main show.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
S2 is great because just assume that The Family is worse than zombies and their boat is a harbinger of destruction

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Finished the episode where they rescued the two from Conner’s boat.

There was a scene where Luis(?) was talking to Strand in Spanish talking about how they don’t have the money to pay off whoever for 7 people and the camera panned and lingered on the Salvadoran’s face for a bit. I know nobody else speaks Spanish (except maybe Chris) but does Strand not know the guy from El Salvador speaks Spanish?

Also why do they need to pay someone to let them into Mexico when they can just … sail to Mexico?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I think they said something about there being a military blockade on the coast but I can't remember

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

moist turtleneck posted:

I think they said something about there being a military blockade on the coast but I can't remember

Luis mentioned something about a flotilla, but couldn’t they just sail around it? I mean I know jack poo poo about boats and sailing but I know the ocean is pretty big.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Boris Galerkin posted:

Luis mentioned something about a flotilla, but couldn’t they just sail around it? I mean I know jack poo poo about boats and sailing but I know the ocean is pretty big.

It actually takes a hell of a lot of know-how to sail out into the open ocean. You've got to know all kinds of navigational shenanigans and be carrying a massive amount of supplies. To go out far enough to go around even a halfway organized flotilla the cast would have gotten lost/swept out on the open ocean and died of thirst/starvation.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Welp. Just saw a spoiler for a death in the first half of the season

This show's gonna go down a new well of trash even before we get to Rick's exit

Jesus for those wondering

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Chris James 2 posted:

Don't worry, he'll come back 3 days later.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Chris James 2 posted:

:lol: so they’re razing the city and salting the earth while they’re there.

EDIT: looked for the spoilers and holy loving :lol: so they’re apparently playing the Whisperer storyline pretty much as told. Except Carl was a big part of that storyline so the show is going to use motherfucking Henry as the stand-in for that story and have him have the arc with Lydia. You loving kill Carl and your big genius plan is to replace him with Henry?

God drat.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Aug 20, 2018

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Honestly these leaks are making me MORE pumped to watch this absolute dumpster fire when it comes back. When does it come back?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Oct 7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:lol: so they’re razing the city and salting the earth while they’re there.

EDIT: looked for the spoilers and holy loving :lol: so they’re apparently playing the Whisperer storyline pretty much as told. Except Carl was a big part of that storyline so the show is going to use motherfucking Henry as the stand-in for that story and have him have the arc with Lydia. You loving kill Carl and your big genius plan is to replace him with Henry?

God drat.

I genuinely don't even know who that is.