Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I bet you guys all feel like poo poo now that you've been saying those horrible things to real people instead of keeping that hatred reserved towards Bugmane like normal people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Zsinjeh posted:

I bet you guys all feel like poo poo now that you've been saying those horrible things to real people instead of keeping that hatred reserved towards Bugmane like normal people.

Bug Mane is as real as it gets baby

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Bug Mane is extremely good.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Pastry of the Year posted:

Bug Mane is extremely good.

https://twitter.com/bugmanetv/status/1026292574623952897

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

2 retweets 59 likes

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Hollywood Handbook has The Boys doing Shrimp Off 2, if you don’t already follow them.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

In the HH ep Nick casually mentioned they've been paying guests on their regular episodes since June. Cool.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Hollywood Handbook has The Boys doing Shrimp Off 2, if you don’t already follow them.

I would have enjoyed this a lot more if they'd put thirty to forty-five minutes of more ads in it.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Unironically agreed.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

jack allison posted:

mitch has never read this thread directly (tho he does read like every comment on reddit), but i used to read him posts from this and the comedy bang bang thread when we lived together

drat i missed this. hi jack, big fan of your work, tweets and indifference to burning bridges that absolutely deserve to be burned.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
Hope you get our Patreon $ soon, that sounds like a nightmare.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
How very ironic that Alana Johnston complains about food being too overpowering every episode when her personality is the spiciest thing on the menu. How ironic.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

But uh hey Mitch, get rid of that Mitchy Two Spoons poo poo.

Thanks for listening Mitch.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Popete posted:

Thanks for listening Mitch.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Alana Johnston is hilarious. She's really sharpened the knife for this episode.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
The percentage of female question askers at the live shows is stunning.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Popete posted:

Alana Johnston is hilarious. She's really sharpened the knife for this episode.

She's hilarious but her energy is so out of place. It's two guys slowly biding their time waiting for death and then the comedy tasmanian devil

cams
Mar 28, 2003

the doughboys have realized they need gabrus-level energy for the live shows, and the knife brought it.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Spoeank posted:

She's hilarious but her energy is so out of place. It's two guys slowly biding their time waiting for death and then the comedy tasmanian devil

I thought she was a good counterpart for that reason, especially with a live audience

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Alana is super duper good and I love that the boys barely have any idea how to keep up

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Alana approaches Doughboys like she's playing a CBB character and hell, that's great.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

What restaurant do you guys think Hot Saucerman would choose?

Unmature
May 9, 2008

NienNunb posted:

What restaurant do you guys think Hot Saucerman would choose?

First thing I thought was Marie Calendars since he references it often. He's talked about doing the Subway diet in his younger days.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I buy that Mitch is a birthday month guy.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cloks posted:

I buy that Mitch is a birthday boy.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Great episode: Ten minutes devoted to Wiger facetiming another podcast to order wrestling tickets online, Susser creates a system rating ice cream flavors they haven't tasted, Mitch responds to accusation of being fussy by saying "No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no"

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
“There’s only one Friendly’s left,” says Mitch, completely blind to the fact that there are easily half a dozen of them in the greater Boston area alone and dozens more throughout New England.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

PantsOptional posted:

“There’s only one Friendly’s left,” says Mitch, completely blind to the fact that there are easily half a dozen of them in the greater Boston area alone and dozens more throughout New England.

Dunno what you're talking about; on this map of [Mitch's] [The Real] Boston, there is not a single Friendly's location.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
The ice cream episode just made me laugh and say "What the gently caress Wiger?" In the middle of the auto-shop waiting room with his whole time shift in that introduction monologue.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Weird argument about whether the Doughboys should turn on the display of their total pledges in Patreon started today on Reddit and spilled into Twitter. Felt like everyone just knew what the outline of an argument about wage transparency generally or compensation issues specially in comedy looks like and then applied that to something completely different, some in good faith and some not.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I mostly just feel bad that Nick and Mitch had to deal with the fallout of a feud between people who are somehow more socially inept than them

(For context, it looks like Jack Allison called out Spencer from Harmontown for posting on Reddit about how he thinks the Doughboys shouldn't have made their Patreon haul private a few weeks ago, and for some reason Spencer thought the best way to deal with that was to tag Nick/Mitch directly on Twitter in a post where he made the same point about the Patreon??? Also it looks like Feral/Starburns was lovely about paying their podcasters, Spencer included)

xbilkis fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Aug 23, 2018

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Comedy writers make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year. Yes, that includes "out of work" people like Nick after @t Midnight stopped. Writing anything, at all, for any number of episodes pays as much as laboring in a blue collar job for hundreds of hours.
http://www.vulture.com/2015/09/what-comedy-pays.html

Why are people surprised? That's about (or much less) than SV/big-city programmers make, or Lawyers, or Doctors, or high-level Union Guys, etc etc. It's not fair at a society level but it would be actually surprising if Wiger made $30k/year or something.

This feels karmically good to me, because Twitch streamers and Youtube bloggers make a lot more and they can die in a fire

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

xbilkis posted:

I mostly just feel bad that Nick and Mitch had to deal with the fallout of a feud between people who are somehow more socially inept than them

(For context, it looks like Jack Allison called out Spencer from Harmontown for posting on Reddit about how he thinks the Doughboys shouldn't have made their Patreon haul private a few weeks ago, and for some reason Spencer thought the best way to deal with that was to tag Nick/Mitch directly on Twitter in a post where he made the same point about the Patreon??? Also it looks like Feral/Starburns was lovely about paying their podcasters, Spencer included)

Yeah! Doughboys pay their guests, as does Chapo. It makes sense and is a fair tradeoff for their grassroots success

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Evan "The Commissioner" Susser was paid as much as the entire Doughboys Patreon year for writing the Sonic movie

In light of that, it's seriously admirable that Nick and Mitch feel shame over getting too many donations from true fans on Patreon. That's some serious Actually Cares About The Art mindset

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Jack Allison release your tax returns

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
https://www.reddit.com/r/Earwolf/comments/958t7v/hollywood_handbook_250_the_doughboys_our/e3s6086/

Spencer seems to have some decent points, but probably not the right place or context to express it. No idea why Jack feels like he has to stand up for the doughboys, maybe he's the Michael Cohen of the doughboys universe? Gotta have someone do all your dirty work.

Why is this an issue with the $$ anyway - who can't multiply $5 * 6100? I don't get why the doughboys decided to hide it, and I don't get why anyone would get pissy about it. I have only heard Spencer guest on a few pods I listen to, and he's legit great on the shows he's been on. His doughboys episode is a great one, and when Wiger finally dies from autoerotic asphyxiation he'd make a great replacement.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
"Why is Jack Alison involved in this online fight" is not a question i would have thought to ask. Guy likes to fight online!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

quote:

This is not the first time I've been attacked by someone for expressing myself online. Erin McGathy used to hate it when I commented about her on reddit. That emotion is understandable but coming from a place of wanting to control how other people talk about them publicly.

lmao & freakin yikes at this guy's screeds.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I've read everything and I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why any of this matters at all or why anyone should be upset

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Shockingly podcast people and people near Harmon fall into pointless drama.