Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
More of a "Look how cool I am for not reading a thing, guys! Reading is for nerds! also star citizen somehow has anything to do with this" sentiment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

TheAgent posted:

Let us never forget, my friends.

On Vanguard:

Who was helping Brad get Pantheon off the ground? These guys. Hate gay and trans people and non-believers? So does Brad and his little developer friends!

Some of their thoughts:

From Brad himself:

Luckily he shrugged them off after being able to use their time and effort for free, because holy poo poo were they making life miserable PR wise for him:

On Unity:

On monies:

From Reddit and the horse's mouth

Some other poo poo

And, to sum up:

Ah that's the good poo poo, thanks for consolidation this

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Six AM posted:

I guess an mmo thread is probably not where i should be expressing anti broke brained helldumping sentiments

What the hell is "anti-broke brained sentiments"? It's a kickstarted MMO, you should always RUN away from them, all of them.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

RagnarokZ posted:

What the hell is "anti-broke brained sentiments"? It's a kickstarted MMO, you should always RUN away from them, all of them.

man, I can't wait for the CohhCarnage stream this weekend :dance:

Remit
Nov 9, 2007
I for one have very little hope for this game. TheAgent's post brings up so many hilarious and disappointing moments from my past.

That said, I still slapped down $250 on this disaster. There isn't another MMO in development or released that I have even been interested in the last decade, so what the hell.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

:eyepop: between that and the goons who paid $750 for Shroud of the Avatar I am beginning to think people in this subforum have a problem with videogames. Seriously, though, I agonize over buying a $60 game like once a year and consider it a ripoff if I don't get at least $1/hour of value out of it, which seems very unlikely to happen with a bad mmo

Remit
Nov 9, 2007
Yeah this might be my last ride. I barely have time for games now anyways, and the only thing I have enjoyed in the last decade was a single play through of EQ progression up to POP. Everything else sucks.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Frog Act posted:

:eyepop: between that and the goons who paid $750 for Shroud of the Avatar I am beginning to think people in this subforum have a problem with videogames. Seriously, though, I agonize over buying a $60 game like once a year and consider it a ripoff if I don't get at least $1/hour of value out of it, which seems very unlikely to happen with a bad mmo

MMORPGs appeal to a specific mindset and sadly that mindset also includes those with mental illnesses. Not saying the Venn Diagram would be just a circle, just that there would be quite a bit of overlap.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Frog Act posted:

Said goons could just be making a good living. Not everyone who throws away 250 dollars is a poor. And if it's the equivalent of 5 dollars to them then who cares.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Looking forward to MMO’s is more fun than playing them.

I’m rewatching the previous Pantheon pre-alpha streams lol

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

TheAgent posted:

Let us never forget, my friends.

On Vanguard:

Who was helping Brad get Pantheon off the ground? These guys. Hate gay and trans people and non-believers? So does Brad and his little developer friends!

Some of their thoughts:

From Brad himself:

Luckily he shrugged them off after being able to use their time and effort for free, because holy poo poo were they making life miserable PR wise for him:

On Unity:

On monies:

From Reddit and the horse's mouth

Some other poo poo

And, to sum up:
just stumbled on this while searching for something unrelated.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz_29h3_Npw&t=2383s
dreams :allears:

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

Said goons could just be making a good living. Not everyone who throws away 250 dollars is a poor. And if it's the equivalent of 5 dollars to them then who cares.

My wife paid $800 for hamilton tickets. You guys are worried about 250.. Would you get more enjoyment out of a 3 hour play or having a front row seat to a possible disaster over the entire next year?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dark Off posted:

just stumbled on this while searching for something unrelated.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz_29h3_Npw&t=2383s
dreams :allears:

All of this is pretty badass looking and if this makes it into the game then I am really excited once it launches.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Reminder that CohhCarnage is streaming Pantheon today at 2pm eastern. He’ll be playing the Dire Lord which we haven’t seen yet.

https://twitch.tv/cohhcarnage

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

forge posted:

My wife paid $800 for hamilton tickets. You guys are worried about 250.. Would you get more enjoyment out of a 3 hour play or having a front row seat to a possible disaster over the entire next year?

You don't need to pay 250 dollars to look at and laugh at this game and there's no way this saga is over in a year

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Don't crowdfund MMORPGs, Don't crowdfund MMORPGs, Don't crowdfund MMORPGs, Don't crowdfund MMORPGs, Don't crowdfund MMORPGs, Don't crowdfund MMORPGs, Don't crowdfund MMORPGs.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lmao 800 bucks to see a bad play.

smiling giraffe
Nov 12, 2015
lol at Brad not knowing how to assist and breaking mez in Cohh's pantheon stream.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

smiling giraffe posted:

lol at Brad not knowing how to assist and breaking mez in Cohh's pantheon stream.

He reminds me of my drunk uncle who never made is past camping the chessboard in EQ lol

I’m enjoying this stream so far. It started kind of rough. The frame rate inside Black Rose Keep was bad, but the fight on the ramparts was cool and then everything in the next zone has been cool.

This ice orc zone is dope.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Ehud posted:

Reminder that CohhCarnage is streaming Pantheon today at 2pm eastern. He’ll be playing the Dire Lord which we haven’t seen yet.

https://twitch.tv/cohhcarnage

It's ugly World of Warcraft.

Well, that was easy.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

RagnarokZ posted:

It's ugly World of Warcraft.

Well, that was easy.

lol no it’s way less advanced than WoW

It’s Everquest 1.5

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ehud posted:

It’s Everquest 1.5

This is a good thing though. Not $800 good thing though, but enough to make me thirsty for release on Steam and pay the sub until the game goes free to play and then shuts down.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I said come in! posted:

This is a good thing though. Not $800 good thing though, but enough to make me thirsty for release on Steam and pay the sub until the game goes free to play and then shuts down.

Same

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
where do i send my $250

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ehud posted:

lol no it’s way less advanced than WoW

It’s Everquest 1.5

wow is a less advanced eq.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Groovelord Neato posted:

wow is a less advanced eq.

:owned:

Here is the stream in YouTube format

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FXXE4IWu6k

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

lol at this having a sub fee

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

clone on the phone posted:

lol at this having a sub fee

hosed up but to best of my knowledge true.

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."

Six AM posted:

Didnt read a word of this insanely long and boring post

Lol how much did you pledge?

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

Athropos posted:

Lol how much did you pledge?

The only game ive ever pledged money for is the castlevania dude game, Anthropos.

Is it really hard to understand someone having a problem with the super lame way pretty much everyone has learned to post from social media by being super informative and convinced they are exposing something like geraldo?

I want more of the dude with the miami dolphins av who genuinely likes the game and heck, maybe hell get to have fun in it too, and ill be convinced to play it for a month or so as it dies off. Vanguard was fun like that

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Six AM posted:

I want more of the dude with the miami dolphins av who genuinely likes the game and heck, maybe hell get to have fun in it too, and ill be convinced to play it for a month or so as it dies off. Vanguard was fun like that

great news - there are FIVE STREAMS AT ONCE tonight

https://twitter.com/MMORPGcom/status/1026425922629525504

all of these guys are streaming starting at 9pm eastern tonight

https://www.twitch.tv/thehiveleader
https://www.twitch.tv/docgotgame
https://www.twitch.tv/fevirgaming
https://www.twitch.tv/forcestrategy
https://www.twitch.tv/vressgames

Vress said that the devs are letting them start 15 mins early to give their viewers a class overview. He's going through the Ranger class starting at 8:45.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Six AM posted:

The only game ive ever pledged money for is the castlevania dude game, Anthropos.

Is it really hard to understand someone having a problem with the super lame way pretty much everyone has learned to post from social media by being super informative and convinced they are exposing something like geraldo?

There are plenty of other places to go if you want to interact with a bunch of people who are excited for this pile of poo poo, why are you wasting your time here if you don't like the way people post? Seems self-inflicted

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
ehud is cool and good, I don't care if he's excited for this game, we both lived through the previous thread's hilarity. his av is trash though (just like the dolphins)

no one is exposing anything, this isn't 60 minutes so you can stop acting like andy rooney

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

someone should make an mmo that's locked in first person.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

someone should make an mmo that's locked in first person.

Meridian 59

Anyways, none of this matters as Pantheon is still like 4 years away at best.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

Meridian 59

They'll probably put a "late beta, no wipes" soft launch on the market before 2020.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I said come in! posted:

Meridian 59

i meant new ya silly goose.

first person was the canon way to play eq.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/pantheonmmo/status/1026623712894873603

all the streams. I guess some people don’t use twitch

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

So far Vress used a Ranger escape ability that made him fall through the world and then Fevir used a Rogue hide ability and is permanently hidden even after disabling the hide because it’s bugged and the group of six cannot beat two orcs at once and they just wiped rofl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Being good at playing video games and getting watched playing video games are generally not two things that go well together.