Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Yes, yes, everyone to the right of an outspoken anti-semite like Jeremy Corbyn is the real racist on this forum. Kane is a mayor in bumfuck Tennessee, he's a figurehead, he's not going to have any power, he's not going to do anything but cut ribbons and smile, and maybe occasionally give an opinion at a meeting. Can we please not pretend he's bringing the third reich down upon America, or just stop talking about him in general

Hahahahahaha holy poo poo

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

https://twitter.com/SCOTTHALLNWO/status/1026158146904104961

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Tajiri is Still Good

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I'm not entirely sure if that's red mist going up or brown mist going down...

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Congrats to Kane

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

frankenfreak posted:

I'm not entirely sure if that's red mist going up or brown mist going down...

Yes

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

https://twitter.com/terrycrews/status/934126176137707521

He's doing more than working on it - he's outright speaking against it. And as for 'unpleasant things about lgbt people' all I could find was:

It's a silly question all things considered but there's nothing in there unpleasant about anyone. He was coming from a place of wanting people accepted no matter what. Some took offense to him saying 'perfectly fine to be transgender' but he didn't mean it in the sense that transgender people aren't judged, ostracized, murdered etc for being transgender I have to imagine he was just looking at the outpour of acceptance for Jenner and things like that and wondering why that kind of support couldn't be shown for everyone. He was coming from a good place and trying to spark discussion about acceptance but as usual it got twisted into whatever context people wanted to read it in - despite it basically being just the current week in a series that is basically 'shower thoughts with terry crews'.

i really don't think that's quite where he was coming from. asking "why is being transgender acceptable when transracial isn't?" isn't a good way to go about that. It's not asking for acceptance of "transracial" people; it's just perpetuating the idea that trans people are just crazy and faking it. (also, it's good to note that transracial is a legitimate term for a totally separate thing -- children adopted into families with different racial backgrounds than their own).

He did say he learned and reflected from getting called out on it, but based on the large amount of times i've seen that question (comparing transgender and "transracial" identities) asked in a dismissive and/or malicious way, i'm hesitant to be kind about where that question was coming from.

and sorry for posting seriously at this wendy's drive thru

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Terry Crews > Kane.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/JoshBodom/status/1026202852279156738

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/DaveBautista/status/1026244855058649095

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Jeeeeee-sus. :eyepop: Wow, Dave. That man gives ZERO fucks about the future of his career.

Good on him, but drat. He'll be lucky to get work anywhere in Hollywood again after that.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Kvantum posted:

Jeeeeee-sus. :eyepop: Wow, Dave. That man gives ZERO fucks about the future of his career.

Good on him, but drat. He'll be lucky to get work anywhere in Hollywood again after that.

He’s made his money. This is just fun to him.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kvantum posted:

Even if this were the case, he's already had Disney, Marvel, Bond, and Blade Runner money. He's had a phenomenal run

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Even if this were the case, he's already had Disney, Marvel, Bond, and Blade Runner money. He's had a phenomenal run

Plus he made good money in WWE both salary and merch-wise. Unless his money went up his nose he'll be fine.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah Batista rules and has made his "gently caress you t:mad:" money. Good for him.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Hollywood is like WWE anyway, doesn't matter how badly someone burns their bridge with them as long as there is money to be made.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

batista, much like kevin nash, is cool and owns

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Batista is cool and nice and my friend.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

https://twitter.com/kevinxku/status/1026284633053384704

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Batista kicks rear end.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

batista, much like kevin nash, is cool and owns

Batista: collects vintage lunch boxes.
Kevin Nash: Depeche Mode fan.

Your story checks out.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Someone post the picture of Batista and his partner and their dogs all in matching sweaters as further reminder that Batista kicks rear end

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Vince McMahon once fined Batista 100k for blading in a match along with three other people involved and:

quote:

"I knew we weren't supposed to do it…I knew I would get consequences but I thought only I would get the consequences and I didn't think they'd be as harsh as they were," Batista said.

"Then he starts passing out fines," said Batista. "So my fine was $100,000…My heart dropped. I thought it would be like $25,000…When he said $100,000, I was just heartbroken. I literally think that he sucked the life out of me that day. I think that's the day that I knew things were never going to be the same."

Jericho was only fined $5,000 by McMahon and Vince leveled the same fines against Malenko and Chioda. In addition to paying his own fine, Batista also paid the other fines.

Batista takes responsibility for his actions, another reason he rules

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The fact that Batista still wants to go back after stuff like that fine and how they killed his 2014 run just so he can end his story the right way is incredible to me. That says to me that he's doing this poo poo for the art first and the money second.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Batista is like Mike Quackenbush if Quack didn't skip chest day.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I really wish I enjoyed Batista in ring. He seems like a good dude with passion. I just wish I could care about any of his matches. All I remember was when he was the perpetual number one contender on smackdown.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

it still amazes me that 2000s era WWE absolutely lusted after roided mesomorphs but could never figure out how to make a good compelling matches between them. Taker/Batista were standouts because Taker threw legit hands on Batista. Batista/Cena Batista/HHH were all bad chain wrestling affairs with a climatic powerbomb or whatever.

Also there a Batista/Kennedy title defense that was pretty good because Kennedy bumped like a motherfucker for Batista.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
have Batista come back and beat brock

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

coconono posted:

it still amazes me that 2000s era WWE absolutely lusted after roided mesomorphs but could never figure out how to make a good compelling matches between them. Taker/Batista were standouts because Taker threw legit hands on Batista. Batista/Cena Batista/HHH were all bad chain wrestling affairs with a climatic powerbomb or whatever.

Also there a Batista/Kennedy title defense that was pretty good because Kennedy bumped like a motherfucker for Batista.

HHH is the worst possible opponent for Batista because it'll be a HHH-style match, which makes no sense with a monster babyface.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

rare Magic card l00k posted:

HHH is the worst possible opponent for Batista because it'll be a HHH-style match, which makes no sense with a monster babyface.

Yeah, that Daniel Bryan/HHH match at 30...err...Seth/HHH match two years ago...err...tag match with Rousey was terrible.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Evil Badman posted:

Yeah, that Daniel Bryan/HHH match at 30...err...Seth/HHH match two years ago...err...tag match with Rousey was terrible.

if there's any description i feel fits Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins and Ronda Rousey, it's "monster, powerhouse, unstoppable babyface"

Daniel Bryan that absolute mastodon of a man

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

It's good to know that every HHH match ever was actually good because he managed to carry Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, and Ronda Rousey to good matches.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Also be didn't really work with Ronda apart from selling

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rare Magic card l00k posted:

HHH is the worst possible opponent

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

The point was Triple H has put over more people than buried, especially recently. Bitching about him at this point for that is moot.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Evil Badman posted:

The point was Triple H has put over more people than buried, especially recently.

That has nothing to do with the post you quoted though

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Evil Badman posted:

The point was Triple H has put over more people than buried, especially recently.

What does putting someone over have to do with a match being good?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

*hops in a conversation about 2000s WWE*

AHEM, HHH DID A GOOD THING HALF A DECADE AFTER THE 2000s!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

watching WWE gives you brainworms.