Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Armor healer please :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Armor healer please :(

No armor healers please

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
"hi this is phoenixmaster1, here with another fire emblem video, today i will be showing you how to beat the lunatic difficulty of the fallen takumi grand hero battle using black knight, a rubber band and a toothpick"

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

ungulateman posted:

"hi this is phoenixmaster1, here with another fire emblem video, today i will be showing you how to beat the lunatic difficulty of the fallen takumi grand hero battle using black knight, a rubber band and a toothpick"

Don't bullshit he'd do Infernal

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I'm pretty sure I can't do this quest because I don't have any armors that can player phase. I would be ok if I had an Amelia, Jakob, or Armor Lyn.

e: wait gently caress! i have christmas tharja! i just have to level her up.

don't make that face. who can blame me for forgetting she's armored?

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
mkv would've done it with a 2* Stahl.

I miss mkv.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

I'm pretty sure I can't do this quest because I don't have any armors that can player phase. I would be ok if I had an Amelia, Jakob, or Armor Lyn.

e: wait gently caress! i have christmas tharja! i just have to level her up.

don't make that face. who can blame me for forgetting she's armored?

Defensive strats work just fine for the quest as long as your armors are beefy enough

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The automatic 10 damage from Takumi on turn three has wrecked all of my attempts so far

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Andrast posted:

Defensive strats work just fine for the quest as long as your armors are beefy enough

Honestly, I would be perfectly fine if I had a DC Effie, but Hector and Black Knight's Res is just too low to tank any mages.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

Honestly, I would be perfectly fine if I had a DC Effie, but Hector and Black Knight's Res is just too low to tank any mages.

Yeah I had Lector, hardin and hjakob, who all have respectable RES, do most of the magic tanking. With ward armor on everyone on the team they can tank a lot of stuff.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

The automatic 10 damage from Takumi on turn three has wrecked all of my attempts so far

Rushing Grima in with Aether and a distant defense seal eventually won it for me.

Really had to book it, though. Like having him in a counter ready position for the lance knight on turn 1.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Finally calling it at this legendary banner.

My spoils of war:
L-Lucina (-Res +Spd), L-Lyn (Neutral), L-Ryoma (+Atk -Def), Ishtar (+Atk -Spd), 2x V-Lilina (One was +Spd -Atk, the other was irrelevant because I merged)

I think that is a rather good haul, especially compared to last time.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

ungulateman posted:

armors are fine on maps which don't have time constraints and specific positional requirements to not get owned

takumi's map is fine if you have units that can function on both enemy and player phases

these things do not agree with each other in the slightest

I did Takumi Infernal when it first came out with a half armour team - V!Hector, V!Lyn, Sothe and PAzura.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I might have to put renewal and reciorpal aid on my armors

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
i got a duplicate ishtar and a legendary ryoma and decided to call it there

also a free elise off the quick riposte banner :psyduck:

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013
Managed with Present-Hector, Grima, WTharja and Effie, but it took a whole bunch of tries. Main things are: Effie, by start of turn two, has to be right above the Red Sword, which requires pivots or something. Also, trapping the dagger behind AltHec with Vantage and letting him kill the Lance Cav, Healer and one of the Takumis. Tharja has to kill the Green and Red Mages, which for me required a +6Res buff. If you're in luck the second Takumi will not head up the right path with the Red Cav Mage but instead get distracted so that WTharja doesn't need to tank both Red Mage and Takumi the same turn (which she couldn't)

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Got a Leo from my free pull, meaning I already got three 5* from the daily banners. He's +SPD/-DEF which seems like one of his worst IVs, but worst case scenario he's QR3 without spending 20k feathers.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Onmi posted:

Hello Team Sharena, this is a Public Service Announcement from your good buddy Onmi. You see this? This is what I want to be seeing 12 rounds from now. If 12 rounds from now you are ceding all territory to the enemy because you blew your lances now, I'm going to kill you all.

I usually blow a couple lances right before I go to bed, but typically I'm asleep when rounds end. Please share with me your secret to actually feeling like you contribute anything in this mode, because I don't. I just pick a spot that's connected to several other spot, go in to Infernal 2 with 8x boost, and then sit on my hands for another 8 hours.

Anyway, as I thought, Taco is no match for two Ascended Dragons with Fortify Dragons who are S supported. I could have done Fjorm and Takumi on my team at the same time. All Myrrh did was hang out in the corner and look cute.

My Armors smashed it as well. Amelia just recently got Vengeful Fighter to finish out her skill set. She killed the vast majority of the enemies. Burger King killed the green mage and then Vantage one-shot the last red mage to end the map. The quest would certainly suck if your armors suck but... mine are very good.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Silver Falcon posted:

I usually blow a couple lances right before I go to bed, but typically I'm asleep when rounds end. Please share with me your secret to actually feeling like you contribute anything in this mode, because I don't. I just pick a spot that's connected to several other spot, go in to Infernal 2 with 8x boost, and then sit on my hands for another 8 hours.

Anyway, as I thought, Taco is no match for two Ascended Dragons with Fortify Dragons who are S supported. I could have done Fjorm and Takumi on my team at the same time. All Myrrh did was hang out in the corner and look cute.

My Armors smashed it as well. Amelia just recently got Vengeful Fighter to finish out her skill set. She killed the vast majority of the enemies. Burger King killed the green mage and then Vantage one-shot the last red mage to end the map. The quest would certainly suck if your armors suck but... mine are very good.

Well, I'm Australian so the rounds end at 5 PM, so it's perfect contributing time for me. Beyond that, look for areas your team is fighting, and go for knock outs. in the final rounds it's all about securing early knock-outs and cutting off the enemy advance. And if you can't cut them off, keep them locked in. So many areas fall to endless successions of nobody actually attempting to stop the enemy army from punching through areas and claiming them with knock-outs. It's really easy to wind up completely unable to play because your team is loving stupid and let areas be taken.

The last round was the worst of that, everyone decided one area right next to base was super important to fight in, none of them considered how we lost 6 territories from them not securing the knockout in the eastern flank and instead just letting the enemy steamroll and snap up every territory.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I pick a spot with the easiest map I can find and then mindlessly grind it out until I skunk the tile.

Embrace the random nature of rewards.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I completely overlooked the fact that Speed Tactics Lyn was on this banner, so I dove back in. Luckily, I ended up only spending 120-ish orbs to get her, and she's -SPD too so I don't feel bad icing her for a skill. I'm pretty drat happy about that because last time I went fishing for her, I spent hundreds of saved-up orbs for nothing. Now, I can finally complete my Eirika/Nino/L'Arachel/Shigure Tactics team!

I also managed to get a +ATK/-RES Flying Lobster (holy gently caress!), and a +HP/-DEF V!Lilina (meh). Add to that, the two Lucy pulls, one of which was +SPD/-DEF, and I've had probably one of the most bang-for-my-buck banners in a good long while. And I still have 190 orbs left over! Now, I truly am done with summoning sessions until they come out with another Anna or an Anna alt.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Onmi posted:

Well, I'm Australian so the rounds end at 5 PM, so it's perfect contributing time for me. Beyond that, look for areas your team is fighting, and go for knock outs. in the final rounds it's all about securing early knock-outs and cutting off the enemy advance. And if you can't cut them off, keep them locked in. So many areas fall to endless successions of nobody actually attempting to stop the enemy army from punching through areas and claiming them with knock-outs. It's really easy to wind up completely unable to play because your team is loving stupid and let areas be taken.

The last round was the worst of that, everyone decided one area right next to base was super important to fight in, none of them considered how we lost 6 territories from them not securing the knockout in the eastern flank and instead just letting the enemy steamroll and snap up every territory.

So like... I really am going to need Grand Conquests for Stupids, here. I don't know how to tell where the enemy is punching through... I only recently learned that a knock-out occurrs when an army gets over 100k points on a square (right?).

Otherwise, I try to pick tiles connecting other tiles where my army doesn't already have a majority of the pie-chart filled, because I figure that spot is fine? But I really don't know!

Like I said, GC for Stupids. :downs:

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

ungulateman posted:

There's already an inferno clear with 3 Askrs + Fjorm, and another inferno clear with the four Takumi alts.

P.S. even if you can't take anything, getting 20 kills on inferno 2 scores better than lunatic. Taking just the camps scores almost equal to inferno 1.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Silver Falcon posted:

So like... I really am going to need Grand Conquests for Stupids, here. I don't know how to tell where the enemy is punching through... I only recently learned that a knock-out occurrs when an army gets over 100k points on a square (right?).

Otherwise, I try to pick tiles connecting other tiles where my army doesn't already have a majority of the pie-chart filled, because I figure that spot is fine? But I really don't know!

Like I said, GC for Stupids. :downs:

real easy to check

This preview will tell you how many people are fighting in a place (Troops) And the current score. Here's an example of a defensive claim.

If Sharena's army takes this spot, Anna is completely unable to target a tonne of territory. This is purely defensive, since it doesn't unlock any new area's via Knock-out.

In case it's not clear, a knock-out doesn't just mean "The area is claimed" it means "And the areas connected to it are now opened up" and they most importantly, can't access any areas connected to if, if they didn't have access to it before.

If you knock out that blue, Alfonse can't get at the blue behind it, but if Alfonse takes that blue, he now has access to it.

The main thing is to not spread yourself too thin, knowing where to fight, and knowing when to just give up.

See the center green? It's actually a pretty irrelevant territory. It only unlocks one territory, which has another node next to it and it's next to a bunch of other active territories. If you lose it, you don't really lose anything but that territory, and winning it gives you very little gain. So ignore it? Not quite, because that's where we get into the Neighbour bonus. With a high adjacent bonus (+60% for example) every fight in the area is a fight in all those areas, the other main benefit of knock outs, mostly in the final round, is locking down territory for your final score. So in an early round, you wouldn't care about that center-green, in the final round? You'd want it because all your effort there goes to all the territories around it. and if you could work with your team (Honestly this is what GC is the worst about, it's almost impossible to coordinate with your team) you could snap up the middle.

As it stands, you have to either choose to blaze a trail or pay attention to what your team is doing. Note. The map doesn't update in real time, you have to leave GC and re-enter to check on the updated map.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I did end up getting it with Zelgius, VHector, Amelia, Hardin. The fact that I had so many supposedly top tier armors and it was still an unfun slog of a challenge does not bode well for me ever liking them

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

So a 734 average won't be enough for T20 this week.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

golden bubble posted:

So a 734 average won't be enough for T20 this week.

Fjorm season always pushes it high since she is a free high scoring unit(and most people probably have their arena team water blessed)

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Thank gently caress it's finally over.

gently caress Grand Conquest.

gently caress that stupid stupid mode.

If you're going to introduce teleporting bullshit again at least let me have multiple dancers and Cordelias.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Natural 20 posted:

Thank gently caress it's finally over.

gently caress Grand Conquest.

gently caress that stupid stupid mode.

If you're going to introduce teleporting bullshit again at least let me have multiple dancers and Cordelias.

Nobody is forcing you into the highest difficulty

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Thank god for Dark Spikes Grima making the Tacomeme quests easy. She wasn't fast enough to kill the second one on her own, but between Res Smoke, Growing Wind and Tacomeme's own Fury, he was left with 1 HP so Fjorm/friendly Tacomeme could just run up and poke him for the quest.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Andrast posted:

Nobody is forcing you into the highest difficulty

Trivially better points per lance is.

I had to play like 4 fewer conquests.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Onmi posted:

real easy to check

This preview will tell you how many people are fighting in a place (Troops) And the current score. Here's an example of a defensive claim.

If Sharena's army takes this spot, Anna is completely unable to target a tonne of territory. This is purely defensive, since it doesn't unlock any new area's via Knock-out.

In case it's not clear, a knock-out doesn't just mean "The area is claimed" it means "And the areas connected to it are now opened up" and they most importantly, can't access any areas connected to if, if they didn't have access to it before.

If you knock out that blue, Alfonse can't get at the blue behind it, but if Alfonse takes that blue, he now has access to it.

The main thing is to not spread yourself too thin, knowing where to fight, and knowing when to just give up.

See the center green? It's actually a pretty irrelevant territory. It only unlocks one territory, which has another node next to it and it's next to a bunch of other active territories. If you lose it, you don't really lose anything but that territory, and winning it gives you very little gain. So ignore it? Not quite, because that's where we get into the Neighbour bonus. With a high adjacent bonus (+60% for example) every fight in the area is a fight in all those areas, the other main benefit of knock outs, mostly in the final round, is locking down territory for your final score. So in an early round, you wouldn't care about that center-green, in the final round? You'd want it because all your effort there goes to all the territories around it. and if you could work with your team (Honestly this is what GC is the worst about, it's almost impossible to coordinate with your team) you could snap up the middle.

As it stands, you have to either choose to blaze a trail or pay attention to what your team is doing. Note. The map doesn't update in real time, you have to leave GC and re-enter to check on the updated map.

All right, thanks for this! I've maxed out my personal rewards so I'll try and have a think about all this tonight when it's time to burn the rest of my lances.

Doing Infernal 2 and turtling is easier than I thought it would be. I maxed out my GC Tier very quickly! Big thank you to all you folks who have powerful units of various types as your lead! I hope my Eirika has been helpful.

Twilkitri
Feb 23, 2013

Onmi posted:

real easy to check

This preview will tell you how many people are fighting in a place (Troops) And the current score.

Isn't the troop count the number of people who have been given that area via "Help Out"? (Which boosts the overall score for the relevant army by some percentage proportionate to the amount if I recall correctly)

e.g. this area in my realm has 7 troops for Sharena's army but no-one has actually fought there per the activity box.

(On checking other areas, the number can't be explained as incorporating adjacent battles either as there are instances where the troop count is too low for that to work.)

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Twilkitri posted:

Isn't the troop count the number of people who have been given that area via "Help Out"? (Which boosts the overall score for the relevant army by some percentage proportionate to the amount if I recall correctly)

e.g. this area in my realm has 7 troops for Sharena's army but no-one has actually fought there per the activity box.

(On checking other areas, the number can't be explained as incorporating adjacent battles either as there are instances where the troop count is too low for that to work.)

It's both. "Help Out" increases the number of troops, but so does actually battling there. This matters for the battle multiplier. Each troop increases the score in a battle by 10%. So if you managed to score 9760 from a perfect lunatic clear, and there are 8 troops there, you would actually add 17568 points to the location. But the troop multiplier does not affect splash points, only the points from people battling there.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Woops, forgot to finish my last battle in AA before the season swap and got appropriately trash rewards

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
I felt the mockery of the Cleric at the end was warranted after the hell this map put me through. Especially after I realized I couldn't run the Dark Spikes F!Grima build because Bonfire worked better here.

Also here's a Lunatic Armor clear just because.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

ungulateman posted:

That's basically what happened.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I'll probably end up using his solution for the Armor quest. Normally these quests are some of my favourite content in the game because they force me to use units I wouldn't otherwise and can be pretty difficult but I also hate using a full armor team.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
What’s the best nature for a Bow Lyn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

+atk or +spd, -hp or -def