Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

In retaliation, we should unleash our secret weapon upon the unsuspecting Americans.

Activate Tokyo Bay Fortress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

We didn't even get to see it go down :cry:

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Some commited Goon should run Silent Hunter 4, Battlestations Pacific or some other game and record feeding Yamato torpedoes.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Drone posted:

Activate Tokyo Bay Fortress.

:hai:

terrenblade
Oct 29, 2012

Horsebanger posted:

Space Battleship Yamato means this is going to go to Distant Worlds again right?

Oh please this.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

My reign of terror continues.

My island! Mine!

The bombs keep falling.

At least I know where they are based now!

Why are the first days of the month always quiet?

Oh yeah, because it's graph time!

I'm not going to sugar coat things – this month has been a poor one – losses at Chungking and the loss of the Yamato have increased the points needed to win from 5,000 to 7,000. That said, this is missing a very probable aircraft carrier.
It should also be noted that this is the point in my Allied game where I was officially winning, so the AI has a long, long way to go!

The only change here is them claiming some unclaimed islands. There are three islands with enemy troops trapped on them which, due to the +Terrain factor, I cannot shift.

Not that I'm not making this bloody for them.

Apparently I'm pretty drat consistent with my air losses, no matter which side I'm on!

This is the good news of the month – I sunk, or confirmed sunk 136 ships this month. I lost 53, which is a bad month for me, but this is the AI actually using their carriers for once!

The value of shipping sunk is just ridiculous as well. And you guys mocked me in the last game!

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Well looks like the Iowa vs Yamato debate got settled.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Insane Totoro posted:

Yamato aced the Iowa months ago.

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

Insane Totoro posted:

Yeah, the Yamato sure settled alright...

... About a hundred fathoms down on the mud!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Can you take some of those troops out of the Manchuko garrison and do anything useful with them? Or are you just letting it get gigantic so that you can actually hold off the Soviets when they activate?

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

I'd not noticed. I'll see if I can ship another couple of k av to chungking.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

habeasdorkus posted:

Or are you just letting it get gigantic so that you can actually hold off the Soviets when they activate?

heh.

habeasdorkus posted:

so that you can actually hold off the Soviets
hahah.

habeasdorkus posted:

hold off the Soviets
HAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahaha.

:unsmigghh:

Triggerhappypilot fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Aug 3, 2018

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Man, I wish we had one of those doomsday devices mech corps.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Their subs are finally becoming more active.

Keeping up the pressure!

We see a brutal dogfight over Rabaul.

Planes just keep dropping from the sky.

Those were some nasty dogfights!

It just feels odd not having any Allied ships on here.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Grey Hunter posted:

It just feels odd not having any Allied ships on here.

They have sunk the Yamato and the Musashi and intelligence reports state you are unable to build any more super heavy battleships, which are the true terrors of this war. Now all they need to do is successfully invade every island in the Pacific.
The war is finally turning around and the dark days of 1943 and early 1944 are behind us!
Victory by 1950!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Here we go again!

Another pittance of troops sent to Truk.

Their planes don't get into the air today.

The carriers have arrived at port in Japan.

Refits begin. I out all pilots into training. I will promptly forget this when they come out of repairs in a months time. (I move a lot of the smaller ships to peirside to get below shipyard capacity.)

That's more like it.

OpenlyEvilJello
Dec 28, 2009

2 August 1944

DE USS Fiske breaks in half after being struck by a homing torpedo fired by U-804 in the mid-Atlantic.

3 August 1944

HMS Quorn (Hunt-class) sunk by human torpedo at the Seine along with a trawler and a landing craft.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
re: the Manchuria garrisons and the Mechanized DoomCorps, it kind of goes unremarked upon in the West just how utterly fantastical a curbstomp the Soviet August '45 offensive was at the time.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
gently caress knows what the war would have been if the Chinese got the full lend-lease mechanisation package.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

HannibalBarca posted:

re: the Manchuria garrisons and the Mechanized DoomCorps, it kind of goes unremarked upon in the West just how utterly fantastical a curbstomp the Soviet August '45 offensive was at the time.

The Red Army was a pretty amazing military machine by the end of WW2, and the Kwantung army had been hollowed out by moving so many of their resources and best trained troops to fight the Americans.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

goatface posted:

gently caress knows what the war would have been if the Chinese got the full lend-lease mechanisation package.

Even if the US had been inclined, this would have been an incredibly difficult, or nigh impossible, thing to do. With the USSR it was a fairly simple thing to ship everything into their northern ports, which risked submarines but not much else, but that wouldn't have remotely been the case with China. Between most of China's ports being under Japanese control, and Japan having a stranglehold on any sea routes to China, there's a reason most of the stuff being sent to support them was being shipped over the Hump - and the amount you can ship over an air route is far more limited than sea routes.

This isn't even getting into the issue that the various Chinese factions were also nowhere near as united or industrialized as the Soviet Union to begin with.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That's why it's fun to imagine. Would the various sides have combined their efforts and then turned on each other once the Japanese were contained? Would they only have mechanised one faction who could run rampant? Could they even have done anything significant given the lack of infrastructure already in China?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

It would be completely impossible to supply a mechanized army in China at the time, and it would have been extremely hard to use even if it could have existed because of bad terrain and non-existant infrastructure.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

We rain hell down on Manus.

Boom!

We take down a nice number of planes – surprisingly without loss.

This is going really well!

We set a ship full of fuel on fire.

How do you like those air losses?

And a nice ship kill as well.

OpenlyEvilJello
Dec 28, 2009

4 August 1944

US destroyers sink their counterpart Matsu in the Bonins as carrier aircraft sink the fast transport T-4. An RAF air raid sinks the German minesweepers M-271, M-325, and M-422 at Pauillac.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Crazycryodude posted:

It would be completely impossible to supply a mechanized army in China at the time, and it would have been extremely hard to use even if it could have existed because of bad terrain and non-existant infrastructure.

- the Kwangtung Army, Aug 8 1945

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009

OpenlyEvilJello posted:

3 August 1944

HMS Quorn (Hunt-class) sunk by human torpedo at the Seine along with a trawler and a landing craft.

After some research, I found out that the Quorn's name is not in fact inspired by the meat substitute spacefood, but I choose to continue to believe so regardless.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
That's a pretty nice day or so Grey! Also are you making sure to be upgrading the planes of the KB and checking the upgrade/production paths for them while they're in port so it should be simple?

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Decoy Badger posted:

After some research, I found out that the Quorn's name is not in fact inspired by the meat substitute spacefood, but I choose to continue to believe so regardless.

I'm so pissed that Quorn is made with mushrooms and not the obvious

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Their carriers are back in the Truk region.

We strike at the Langley, but fail to get a hit.

Liberator kills are always good.

Even if you have to trade planes.

The CVL is a more expensive target than I would like.

The real madness is that I have any form of runway left here – it should have been cratered months ago!

The bombing continues.

Very heavy losses today – we also lost a lot of scout planes! Let's hope the carrier crews are making the most of their training!

Yep, they seem to.

It's nice to see there are some veterans still alive in the fighter wings. Survivability is obviously higher there!

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

923 missions, six kills? Get it together CPO Araki P.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
How is the guy with 859 missions, 14 kills, and 83 exp only an ensign?

OpenlyEvilJello
Dec 28, 2009

5 August 1944

US carrier aircraft sink the fast transport T-2 near Chichi Jima.

Decoy Badger posted:

I didn't even know that was a thing. :shobon: I just read it as "quern," which is apparently what the village is named after anyway.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

jerman999 posted:

Since the others are all petty officers, he technically outranks them.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

jerman999 posted:

I assume anyone with higher rank is either behind a desk or dead.

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits

jerman999 posted:

He's from an Army family

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

gradenko_2000 posted:

- the Kwangtung Army, Aug 8 1945

manchuria is the only good tank country and has the best infrastructure at the time

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Keep on draining those supplies!

Munda continues to attract 75% of all allied bombers in the area, despite being near worthless.

It's “bomb a random base” day.

Operational losses man they lose more planes than we do for once!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

So this is kinda a toughy for me, but people want to see me do War in the West, but with a 2 year old I don't really have the cash to drop £60 on a computer game any more. so I'm going to have to ask for support.

https://www.gofundme.com/grey-hunter039s-war-in-the-west-lp&rcid=r01-153361531811-9c40beb471504226&pc=ot_co_campmgmt_w

If this goes over the target, then I'm sure there are other games people would like to see me do - There is at least one Combat Mission I don't own, and I know how much some of you guys love getting your men killed in a field!

Feel free to ignore this if you are poor or think I'm a money grabbing croctopus. Any donations gratefully received!

Grey Hunter fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Aug 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pretty sure this is the wrong link, it's taking me directly to a login page. The "manage" in the url is suspect.