Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

GameCube posted:

lol that's the theranos girl in the middle there isn't it

yep. was it the dead-eyed stare or the steve jobs clothing cargo cult that tipped you off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

You always get the spree shooter you don't want

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

"I hereby retire from Mafia"
Please turbo me if you catch me in a game.
lol they made Lena Dunham contort herself to get a MySpace Angle effect

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
It's an Annie Leibovitz photo from a 2016 event literally called "New Establishment".

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Arzakon posted:

lmao i was wondering who the teenage boy was

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Marxist-Jezzinist posted:

You always get the spree shooter you don't want

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

Cloud is about to break through the roof. There's a patch of flowers below, no worries.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Chomp8645 posted:

Would be pretty great if that room just somehow exploded all of a sudden.

But then you'd kill Alton Brown

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

What's Christopher Walken doing there

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

lena dunham is probably the least gulag-worthy person in that photo

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Eat the rich

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Echo Chamber posted:

It's an Annie Leibovitz photo from a 2016 event literally called "New Establishment".

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

not a cult posted:

lena dunham is probably the least gulag-worthy person in that photo

Privileged media personalities get the firing squad

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

World War Mammories posted:

yep. was it the dead-eyed stare or the steve jobs clothing cargo cult that tipped you off

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Arzakon posted:

ive seen this photo dozens of times and i never noticed LD because I saw got to zuck/musk/gates and my eyes turned off and started hurting

frankly even though her career is just being fat and bitchy this is the first thing she's ever done thats ever lowered my opinion of her

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
I'm even more convinced zuck is a reptilian overload in human skin

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Weaponized Autism posted:

I'm even more convinced zuck is a reptilian overload in human skin

great typo/autocorrect

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I'm hitting the guillotine button but the billionaire parasites are still remaining with heads on

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I love that picture even though I don’t know who half those people are

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
I'm going to South America in a few days and I hope that while I'm gone the nukes start flying, because nobody's gonna bother dropping an A bomb on much of anything south of the equator so I'm gonna survive.

Or get poopmypantsitis from tainted food and then come back to a northern hemisphere that's exactly as dumb as when I left it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Any semi‐developed country will get a nuke or two to keep them from getting too ambitious in the post‐exchange environment.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

EvilJoven posted:

I'm going to South America in a few days and I hope that while I'm gone the nukes start flying, because nobody's gonna bother dropping an A bomb on much of anything south of the equator so I'm gonna survive.

Or get poopmypantsitis from tainted food and then come back to a northern hemisphere that's exactly as dumb as when I left it.

Oh don't you worry, we'll figure out a way to get dumber.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

EvilJoven posted:

Every capital city and every city over a million people is going to be nuked because the people who wrote the plans for when the balloon goes up looked at a list of cities and went "imagine all these refugees trying to take what little resources will be left, gently caress that". Also, if a smaller city has any sort of industrial base that the Enemy might co-opt in a post-nuclear world, it'll catch a couple as well.

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.
So I had to go to Berkeley today to get scrapple and I walked by a bookstore. I saw this and burst out laughing. Had to take a picture.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Even if the nukes went up the guys on the other side wouldn't actually counter attack

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Jimmy Hats posted:

Even if the nukes went up the guys on the other side wouldn't actually counter attack

You underestimate the motivational power of pure unadulterated spite.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Alobar posted:

So I had to go to Berkeley today to get scrapple and I walked by a bookstore. I saw this and burst out laughing. Had to take a picture.

This is 100% a purchase that gets you on a secret list, like in Seven.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Memento posted:

Every capital city and every city over a million people is going to be nuked because the people who wrote the plans for when the balloon goes up looked at a list of cities and went "imagine all these refugees trying to take what little resources will be left, gently caress that". Also, if a smaller city has any sort of industrial base that the Enemy might co-opt in a post-nuclear world, it'll catch a couple as well.

Yeah but those plans assume that nothing will go wrong. It can be safely assumed that not every nuke will be able to launch before everyone dies or some of the silos are hit and disabled, and many of the ones that do launch are likely to gently caress up somehow and fail. And if you lose some of your missiles you won’t be wasting your poo poo on South America.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I already get men telling me to smile while I'm in public, now the loving doors are at it too?

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

EvilJoven posted:

You underestimate the motivational power of pure unadulterated spite.

And automated systems designed to apocalypse the world in case everyone on one side is dead.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Picnic Princess posted:

I already get men telling me to smile while I'm in public, now the loving doors are at it too?

but you're so much prettier when you smile

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Totally rad that these are literally modern day kings and queens who have godlike powers over the lives of billions haha lol!

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
On second thought it sux

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

g0lbez posted:

On second thought it sux

No, it's cool because the roving hordes of antifa supersoldiers know exactly who to go after first.

(this will never happen and we are condemned to infinite servitude)

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
I really appreciate the diversity in that room.

g0lbez posted:

On second thought it sux

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

when u nut but ur cars still suckin

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

The Skeleton King posted:

Yeah but those plans assume that nothing will go wrong. It can be safely assumed that not every nuke will be able to launch before everyone dies or some of the silos are hit and disabled, and many of the ones that do launch are likely to gently caress up somehow and fail. And if you lose some of your missiles you won’t be wasting your poo poo on South America.

America's nuclear facilities are...well...not exactly well-maintained while those operating them are frequently on drugs. In the unlikely event of total nuclear war there's a lot of nukes that are going to just kind of sit there because gently caress man I'm pressing launch why isn't the thing launching? I keep pressing it! ...wait, this is the microwave. gently caress. PRESS THE LAUNCH BUTTON OH gently caress IT'S GOING OFF IN THE SILO RUN

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

It'd be nice if everyone was super inept at nuclear weapons and they weren't an actual threat.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Screaming Idiot posted:

No, it's cool because the roving hordes of antifa supersoldiers know exactly who to go after first.

(this will never happen and we are condemned to infinite servitude)

Don't worry the biosphere won't be able to support complex societies in 100 years :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Dreddout posted:

Don't worry the biosphere won't be able to support complex societies in 100 years :)

But I want the apocalypse now!