Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh I found a system where the station is in the rings of a planet. Fun stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

RBA Starblade posted:

Got hit by the base computer archive mission bug now, it wants me to go under the floor in my freighter. Before I try some of these convoluted fixes what do I get for doing this? Is it for base blueprints or an actual mission? If the former I'll just put it off for now.

It's a long string of missions that each give you one blueprint, mostly for base stuff. I didn't keep track of exactly what they gave me but one nice thing was the oxygen collector, which lets you create a bunch of self-sustaining resource loops using a medium/large refiner.

Stupid Boxes
Feb 9, 2004

good grief!
About 20 minutes of chlorine lab cooking

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Triarii posted:

It's a long string of missions that each give you one blueprint, mostly for base stuff. I didn't keep track of exactly what they gave me but one nice thing was the oxygen collector, which lets you create a bunch of self-sustaining resource loops using a medium/large refiner.

I'll try and unfuck it later thrn since my first attempt failed.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

It looks like the freighter only has 6 ship landing pads, but can I collect more than that and just use the summoning menu?

I'm having a lot of fun just running around finding crashed ships.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Last time I tried, I could not summon a ship to a freighter, if that’s what you mean.

Speaking of freighters, why have ships stopped coming to mine? Three times I’ve summoned it to a (different each time) wealthy system and for about six or seven minutes ships fly in really quicly — like two a minute. Then they stop coming completely. Porting out and back doesn’t fix it, reloading doesn’t fix it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Well I’m done with the Atlas path! That’s one less thing to worry about. Now back to the base building questlines which are annoying as hell and building poo poo’s still stupid expensive in Survival but I’m an idiot and insist on playing it on this mode.

Also for those that have progressed the Artemis storyline to the point of obtaining one of the portal glyphs - apparently using the first glyph 12 times as the portal address sends you off to a random planet about 5000 LY from the core. Right next to it basically once you have something with max hyperdrive modules.

And speaking of Artemis. I crafted the Mind-Arc and it’s asking me to go to the system I left her except... I don’t remember which one that is and it’s not marked on my map.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Last time I tried, I could not summon a ship to a freighter, if that’s what you mean.

Nah I mean can I have more than 6 ships in my collection, like can I own more ships than a freighter can hold?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Also here's the portal address to what's going to be my beach house base

It's a completely peaceful planet with good weather

(and superheated storms, of course)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I saved a freighter and it immediately swapped it out instead of letting me compare with my existing one. It's technically better I guess. :shrug:

It ejected all my cargo and fuel again though, so I get to grind for even more antimatter and frigate gas.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Yeah when you buy a freighter after defending it, you don’t get the Compare screen (which also means no “transfer your inventory” button).

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I'm pretty sure I picked the Atlas Path when I picked up my old save. And the Korvax dude on the Anomaly offers help with the Atlas Path when I visit. But I am getting Artemis Path quests anyway. :stare:

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Some random guy named a planet in a system that I found.

Like, it showed up as red in the discovery list because someone else got the naming rights for it. But I showed him, naming the system because I had the rights then

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Do those super valuable artifacts you get in old ruins (the ones you have to dig for) have any purpose other than selling?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

IAmTheRad posted:

Some random guy named a planet in a system that I found.

Like, it showed up as red in the discovery list because someone else got the naming rights for it. But I showed him, naming the system because I had the rights then

I named a planet today in a system that I random joined the other day but then they named the system before I could. I thought it was funny that we would both be playing at the same time despite time having past since I visited. I found two good planets in visited systems though. Both had plenty of predatory creatures. One is a pure ferrite, gamma root heaven with a side of cobalt and uranium. I want to do more random games for the slots, but it really is cluttering up my teleporter list at this point. There is no way to sort them of course, and the list doesn't even put bases under their proper systems. Because why would there be sorting am i right?

ChrisBTY posted:

Do those super valuable artifacts you get in old ruins (the ones you have to dig for) have any purpose other than selling?

I believe anything with that icon color is only for selling, so I have been told.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I realized I have nothing else to spend money on besides frigates so I bought a second science frigate. The internet suggests maybe saving up for a third combat oriented one and maybe that will help prevent losses all the drat time but since they're also to sabotage I think it's just an extremely low rate of success no matter what. They couldn't have made repairing a more tedious endeavor though.

I feel like my character's at a point where he doesn't need more upgrades or items so he can just survive and explore so I have no reason not to waste millions on these worthless tissue-paper ships.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Aug 7, 2018

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

On my old save, I have 25 million and counting. 2 bases built on infested nests, with a new mission to go to another nest I haven't been to yet. My question is, should I bother waiting for a free freighter to pop up or should I just buy one? And what is a good price to slot ratio that I should be looking for when buying a freighter?

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

RBA Starblade posted:

I feel like my character's at a point where he doesn't need more upgrades or items so he can just survive and explore so I have no reason not to waste millions on these worthless tissue-paper ships.

Don't buy lovely ones. B at the minimum, A or S is prefferable. Even though it says trade or combat or whatever mission, the checks can be pretty much anything against a random ship I think. So if you send frigates with a 20 in the main stat and zeros all over the rest it'll fail a test pretty quickly.

Not being able to swap freighter gear to a new one is a huge oversight. How the hell did that pass even basic functionality testing in QA. Or do they still not have any QA.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ratzap posted:

Don't buy lovely ones. B at the minimum, A or S is prefferable. Even though it says trade or combat or whatever mission, the checks can be pretty much anything against a random ship I think. So if you send frigates with a 20 in the main stat and zeros all over the rest it'll fail a test pretty quickly.

Not being able to swap freighter gear to a new one is a huge oversight. How the hell did that pass even basic functionality testing in QA. Or do they still not have any QA.

I've only seen C or Bs. :/

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Ratzap posted:

Or do they still not have any QA.

Considering their bug report form literally says they’re a very small team, you’re probably right.

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009
I've just been playing this game for a couple of hours (got started with base building), and I'm having fun despite the bugginess and grinding!
I also found an s-class upgrade for my visor that gives me ridiculous amounts of money, but I installed it in the default Multi-Tool - so now that I want to upgrade for a better one with more slots it won't transfer :v: Can I eventually find plans to build one myself at some point in the game?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Lost another five hours today pingponging back and forth across the cosmos. But I got a better multitool out of it to replace the one some Vyqeen handed me my first time on a space station. This one's not gunked up with half its slots busted, so that's nice. Found my first crashed ship, and started the base questline on a reasonably quiet ice planet. Haven't even had any ice storms on it. The base is in the shadow of an ancient Gek ruin, so all the land around it is nice and flat.

Still haven't found a better planet than the orange one with my seaside shack - everything else that's temperate or viridescent has the scaldstorms - but the ice planet reminds me of Alberta in the winter. Some of the critters even look like deer. Some others of them look like deer with asses for faces.

Phy fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Aug 7, 2018

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

ToastyPotato posted:

I'm pretty sure I picked the Atlas Path when I picked up my old save. And the Korvax dude on the Anomaly offers help with the Atlas Path when I visit. But I am getting Artemis Path quests anyway. :stare:

Are those mutually exclusive or can you do both? I keep doing Artemis because...I have no idea why, I just am.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The galaxy map is really annoying to use.

What counts as an extreme planet in regards to one of the Apollo missions?

Oasx fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Aug 7, 2018

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
The endurance thing for Polo? I think it’s any planet where, when you land on it, the entries for either weather or sentinels is written in red.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Quickest way to tell is if it lists Activated Copper/Cadmium/etc in its resources when you scan it.

Also, the game's idea of "surviving" is very lenient. You can hang out in a building with some gek dudes for an hour to complete it.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Having not played since launch the space combat is as bad as ever and the endless loop of spawning more and more enemies in is extremely frustrating and bad.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

The endurance thing for Polo? I think it’s any planet where, when you land on it, the entries for either weather or sentinels is written in red.
Also at some point they broke the cumulative nature of that achievement and now you have to just sit on that planet and wait and won't see your current achievement's number tick up until you've re-hit it without getting in a ship.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

RBA Starblade posted:

Got hit by the base computer archive mission bug now, it wants me to go under the floor in my freighter. Before I try some of these convoluted fixes what do I get for doing this? Is it for base blueprints or an actual mission? If the former I'll just put it off for now.

The solution is very simple. Mark the quest as active and then interact with ANY base computer you have built and you will get the option to download the data, it does not have to be the one that is marked. It worked every single time for me. When you get to the point where it sends you to another place to download the data after interacting with the base computer it will always send you to the same place from the same base computer so you can build a warpgate where it sends you and then complete the mission in a few seconds.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

DaveKap posted:

Also at some point they broke the cumulative nature of that achievement and now you have to just sit on that planet and wait and won't see your current achievement's number tick up until you've re-hit it without getting in a ship.

And it does say it now in the mission description that "leavng the planet will reset the timer".

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Anyway, with all the modding going around and whatnot, has anyone found an audio dump or a way to extract audio from Next? I actually enjoy the suit voice and wanted to set up "Weather Update" as a sound for my weather app, but can't seem to find a working audio extractor or an audio dump, all I see is pre-Next.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Me: Farms freighter encounters to find the perfect A-Class, accidentally smoke my whole inventory trading up to AN a-class freighter when I excitedly find ONE.
Girlfriend; Finds an A-class Super Star Destroyer as her welfare freighter, rolls with it, now off conquering the galaxy

Im not owned its just victory wine

Also if you are a developer for Hello reading this, congratulations on making this appeal to my game-picky girlfriend who before this went hardest on Starbound

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Aug 7, 2018

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Waffle House posted:

Me: Farms freighter encounters to find the perfect A-Class, accidentally smoke my whole inventory trading up to AN a-class freighter when I excitedly find ONE.
Girlfriend; Finds an A-class Super Star Destroyer as her welfare freighter, rolls with it, now off conquering the galaxy

Im not owned its just victory wine

Also if you are a developer for Hello reading this, congratulations on making this appeal to my game-picky girlfriend who before this went hardest on Starbound
I farmed encounters for about 5 warps before getting the super star destroyer... only to be 1 million off from being able to buy it.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Do I need things like chloride Latice or carbon crystals or superoxide crystals

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Steve Yun posted:

Do I need things like chloride Latice or carbon crystals or superoxide crystals

All you need is this:

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

TjyvTompa posted:

All you need is this:

This is brillant, thanks for sharing it!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Are those mutually exclusive or can you do both? I keep doing Artemis because...I have no idea why, I just am.

You can do both, I have both of them in my log.

Anyway! More screenshots:

As I was just starting out, my only reaction here was "What the hell is "Pugneum"

Also Giant Red Dinosaur Out of Nowhere

That fucker nearly trampled me. I kept getting hit with shield damage near those bastards, so apparently you can get trampled by huge creatures

Luckily ships are of sterner stuff, this fucker did zero damage, even when I was sitting inside the ship.

(Of course, sometimes the tail hit me just when getting into the ship. Luckily my shield negates kinetic energy, so you only lose a little bit of your shield, instead of going of like a baseball. :v: )

Merry Nadhor learns how to scrape stuff out of the ground using this weird energy shooty thing.

The dinosaurs seem to be the only things here which aren't looking either like mushrooms or a shade of green I call "Ugleen"

Of course, there's sometimes weird poo poo like these balls here

The balls are filled with destabilized sodium. Doesn't sound pleasant.

(Twenty hours of play time later, I suddenly got a blueprint which needs this crap. Of course now I have no idea how to find sodium balls again. :shepface: )

More red dinosaurs

They're quite beaky, so I called them "Beakosaurs" or something. Sadly, a bug erased all my planet, animal and plant names, so instead they are now called "Fjjlkajdlkfnmmrandomadlkjföname" again. :shrug:

A last view of the planet of poison and dinosaurs, before I went back into space. Because I'd rather shoot myself then putting my first training base in this hellscape.

So space, space station

Merry Nadhor was kind of intrigued by this marvel of technology, and so immediately decided to fly into it and dock up.

First contact with these strange aliens worked astonishingly well, even though Merry had to resort to gesturing a lot to make any headway in communication.

Because as it turns out, the inside of her translator had been reduced to grimy, black dust by whatever happened to her. Either in the crash or before. Her suit has a back-up device, but as you can see, it is somewhat... lacking.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Pugneum is a substance you get from killing either Sentinels or living creatures, sometimes also found in something called "Organic" Rock.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Oh, I know this now, but these screenshots are over a week old. I'm just spacing them out because I made literally hundreds of shots :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Oasx posted:

The galaxy map is really annoying to use.

What counts as an extreme planet in regards to one of the Apollo missions?

Very much so. It’s completely counter-intuitive and doesn’t really offer any guidance about how to move it.