Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
FemC, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Persona going Hollywood?

I did not see that coming.

Handgun Phonics
Jan 7, 2012
I mean I like the style they've got going there I'm just worried it will be kind of bad again and that its plot will also retcon itself out of relevance by the end.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Well, it has to take place during/after(?) Persona 5, right? Unless the other characters are time-warped again or something, I don't think that'll be a problem.

Though, I am curious what they intend to do about the number of party members.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

They're probably going to be time-warped again. That's the only way to explain why everyone's still high-school aged.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Time travel is the worst.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Jimmy Hats posted:

Looking forward to all those barely 2 dimensional characters being boiled down to their most obvious gimmick and never shutting the gently caress up

You're not wrong, but like...I'm gonna play it anyway

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I like the implication that the first labyrinth is Jurassic Park though.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Question: Is anyone working on getting the JP text from the PQ2 trailer translated for us baka gaijins who can't read Japanese?

(Note: This use of "Baka gaijin" was used ironically and in a self-deprecating way, I do not talk like this in real life.)

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
いいえ、ペルソナはあまり人気者じゃないから

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

いいえ、ペルソナはあまり人気者じゃないから

Same, but unironically.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN5Gjttkt4c

English subtitled version of the Q2 trailer.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Clarste posted:

They're probably going to be time-warped again. That's the only way to explain why everyone's still high-school aged.

Pretty sure persona3 protagonist is fuckin dead so uh yeah they really have to be

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Looking forward to them releasing Q2 in NA before EOX

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

To be honest, I could understand EOX taking a long time because the game seems to be like 3 times as long as a normal Etrian Odyssey game. They’re really taking advantage of these re-used assets.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Jimmy Hats posted:

Pretty sure persona3 protagonist is fuckin dead so uh yeah they really have to be

Not just him even. The second trailer showcases several more people who are not alive by the ending.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wasn’t EO5 only announced for the US like a year after the game’s Japan release?

Handgun Phonics
Jan 7, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

Wasn’t EO5 only announced for the US like a year after the game’s Japan release?

It was around a year, yeah. Presumably because Persona 5 came out during that window.

FriskyBoat
Apr 23, 2011
I'm just excited for Persona Q2 for the music. I thought the music for Persona Q was really good, even if the rest of the game was eh.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
The music was alright but the mainline EO games still blow it away.

E: Here I am angling for another 2 page argument of whether the EOU version or the FM version of Lost Shinjuku is better

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
FM, fool.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Haha yikes classic tired moritz being hella wrong about everything

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Classic is better. You can't fix it with your "remixes" and your "instruments" :argh:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Strange Quark posted:

Yeah, but it was a bit of an anomaly for an EO localization because the monstrous Persona 5 translation was taking up a lot of time and resources for quite a while.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It still only took a little more than a year to come out here. A year plus or minus a couple months seems to be the trend.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Charge Shot is a better version of Accel Drive. Discuss.

Handgun Phonics
Jan 7, 2012

Clarste posted:

Charge Shot is a better version of Accel Drive. Discuss.

But it can be resisted, also what are even the numbers on those two?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Jimmy Hats posted:

The music was alright but the mainline EO games still blow it away.

PQ didn't have Yuzo Koshiro. It never stood a chance.

Laser Beam is good, and it should have played more than three times.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

AweStriker posted:

PQ didn't have Yuzo Koshiro. It never stood a chance.

Laser Beam is good, and it should have played more than three times.

Koshiro did the super boss track in PQ.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Handgun Phonics posted:

But it can be resisted, also what are even the numbers on those two?

820% for Charged Shot, 1200% for Accel Drive.

I should also note that they changed the importance of certain damage types in EOX, but I'll go more into detail once the skill data is released.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Aug 8, 2018

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

820% for Charged Shot, 1200% for Accel Drive.

I should also note that they changed the importance of certain damage types in EOX, but I'll go more into detail once the skill data is released.

Data is released: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/3ds/236401-etrian-odyssey-x/faqs/76142

What I meant was that Charge Shot can be spammed every turn for relatively cheap, while Accel Drive has the same “slow action speed, take double damage” penalty while also having its cooldown and costing 2.5 times as much TP. Arguably the cooldown difference goes away when using Ignition, but in that situation the damage difference goes away too because of the Gunner’s boost. Which just leaves Accel Drive costing more TP (and I can tell you that an Imperial’s TP pool isn’t enough to use it 3 times during Ignition). The Almighty damage is its only perk, as far as I can tell.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Aug 8, 2018

Wiffle
Jan 5, 2014

Clarste posted:

Data is released: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/3ds/236401-etrian-odyssey-x/faqs/76142

What I meant was that Charge Shot can be spammed every turn for relatively cheap, while Accel Drive has the same “slow action speed, take double damage” penalty while also having its cooldown and costing 2.5 times as much TP. Arguably the cooldown difference goes away when using Ignition, but in that situation the damage difference goes away too because of the Gunner’s boost. Which just leaves Accel Drive costing more TP (and I can tell you that an Imperial’s TP pool isn’t enough to use it 3 times during Ignition). The Almighty damage is its only perk, as far as I can tell.

Yea, it seems kinda funny how Gunner can basically function like a ranged imperial with more utility and lower TP costs. It's nice since before the numbers they looked a bit underwhelming.
Though Imperials will still be better for 1 turn burst shenanigans because they have a charge skill and gunners don't (not a damaging one at least).

Wiffle fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Aug 8, 2018

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Strange Quark posted:

Koshiro did the super boss track in PQ.

Ah, I forgot about that.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

Clarste posted:

However, Imperials have slightly higher strength, and drive blades have a lot more attack than guns. How much advantage that brings sorta vary depending on enemy VIT, but in general Imperials have a sizable lead in base damage (at level 62 against the midboss of 10th maze, Imperial using a drive blade unlocked from a monster at the start of that dungeon has 30% more base damage than a level 62 gunner using a gun unlocked from another monster from the same floor that's literally an elemental swap of the other one).

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Wiffle posted:

Yea, it seems kinda funny how Gunner can basically function like a ranged imperial with more utility and lower TP costs. It's nice since before the numbers they looked a bit underwhelming.
Though Imperials will still be better for 1 turn burst shenanigans because they have a charge skill and gunners don't (not a damaging one at least).

just sub something with a charge skill then

Handgun Phonics
Jan 7, 2012

Clarste posted:

I guess the other factor is the damage from the weapon type, and the base strength of the class in question- since getting it from a sub means the max level is halved.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

The White Dragon posted:

just sub something with a charge skill then

For the record, this list consists of:

* Shadow Charge (HRO Veteran). Caps out at 1.41x subbed. Requires that you have afterimages out so they can be dismissed.
* Charge Edge (IMP Master): Caps out at 1.5x subbed. Requires a Drive Blade, which can't be equipped as a subweapon, and requires using another Edge skill to enable it.
* Breather (PGL Veteran): Caps out at 1.25x subbed. Requires that you have at least one disable.

Charges are pretty few and far between in EOX, not counting the LND Force Break.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

What about the Zodiac prophecies?

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Oh, right, those are charges now. Not exactly something you can just fire off all the time, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiffle
Jan 5, 2014

Clarste posted:

What about the Zodiac prophecies?

Only 135% subbed. They were really careful with the subclass charges this time.