Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Endorph posted:

hes the only non-limited 5* archer currently in the game

Orion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Endorph posted:

hes the only non-limited 5* archer currently in the game
Orion?

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I’m approaching 200 rolls without a single gold servant

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Arjuna and Karna are good boys and never spooks. :colbert:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

9 pulls on the new miss mo banner and she came surfing out of a silver rider card. now i just need to steel myself for the martha banner and hope to pull her or squirt.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

brainwrinkle posted:

I’m approaching 200 rolls without a single gold servant

Condolences on having S-rank luck on essences but E-rank for non welfare 4/5 servants.

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

The stuff that dreams are made of.
210 quartz, 20 tickets and Mordred finally comes home on the second to last ticket. Contrary to the last, but at least she came home. :unsmith:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Dawgstar posted:

Surfdred is such a pure child and I love it.

this line should've been "who did this 😂"

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Ticket from Marie date on Mordred banner.
Golden sparks! It's a rider!

The memes are too easy, so I will not indulge in them.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

MonsieurChoc posted:

Arjuna and Karna are good boys and never spooks. :colbert:

Maybe if I didn't already have both Laltrias, with the Alter being NP5 and grailed to 100, I'd have felt better about him showing up instead of Tamalancer, forcing me to spend the rest of my stash on that banner, and then dolphin out on Squirt's.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Got a gold ticket from the Scath quest, made my roll on Summer Part 2... and I got /another/ Meat War. That makes /eleven/. What the gently caress game.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqwSgVu258k&hd=1

summer Medb, BB, and MHX(?)

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Hail the true beach queen.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Only 6 summer units for gacha?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

drat, I never thought it could happen to me.
Threw some tickets at the banner and landed Squirtoria on the 3rd one.

drat, I was trying not to use up any Archer stuff until Chloe, but I feel kinda obligated to provide for the King.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Someone on my friends list hasn't logged in for three weeks and doesn't seem to be a goon, so I have a spot open.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I think part of the usefulness of Kuro assumes you aren't lucking into Squirtoria, who is just one of the best units in the game.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Kinda want this swimsuit servant

https://twitter.com/kireina_mochi/status/1026754845863116801/photo/1

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Space Flower posted:

I think part of the usefulness of Kuro assumes you aren't lucking into Squirtoria, who is just one of the best units in the game.
She's still pretty useful even if you do have Squitoria, but it's always better to have multiple good bosskillers around really.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Space Flower posted:

Kuro is a more interesting character than Artoria. :colbert:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Summer Part 2 kind of sucks. There's orders of magnitude less effort put into the story, the boar piglets are largely annoying outside of a few scenes, and the farming is a bigger pain in the rear end due to wonky distribution of bonus servants and enemy classes. Literally the only boon is that the shop is so much better.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Summer Jalter is triple-wielding katanas.

It's beautiful.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

Summer Part 2 kind of sucks. There's orders of magnitude less effort put into the story, the boar piglets are largely annoying outside of a few scenes, and the farming is a bigger pain in the rear end due to wonky distribution of bonus servants and enemy classes. Literally the only boon is that the shop is so much better.

The node distribution is pretty bad, but other than the full Assassin node only having ~one~ Caster assigned to it, and it's Hans... I have to say I think the first part was even worse, with the event servants that you just rolled and are eager to use being anywhere from neutral to an actual detriment to farming.

I was glad to see the piglets again, and they're adorable still, but their sense of humor is a bit too "LOL so random" for my taste. The mini-chapters for all of the buildings are way shorter than part 1's, and you get less interaction with the servants too.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Sophism posted:

The node distribution is pretty bad, but other than the full Assassin node only having ~one~ Caster assigned to it, and it's Hans... I have to say I think the first part was even worse, with the event servants that you just rolled and are eager to use being anywhere from neutral to an actual detriment to farming.

I was glad to see the piglets again, and they're adorable still, but their sense of humor is a bit too "LOL so random" for my taste. The mini-chapters for all of the buildings are way shorter than part 1's, and you get less interaction with the servants too.
Coast (mostly assassins), ruins (sabers, jalter/karna bosses), and city (mostly archers with a Tesla boss and only Kiyo Lancer as a ST bonus) are all kind of a pain in the rear end for me. The cave would normally suck as well since it's almost entirely sabers with only Squirtoria as a bonus archer, but they at least had the kindness in them to make Cuzilla a bonus as well so as usual he can basically solo it.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

I legitimately believe that events should either have servants that provide boosts ~or~ CEs that provide boosts. Having both at the same time tends to just be a chore to deal with.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Pureauthor posted:

It's beautiful.

Pictures.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Sophism posted:

I legitimately believe that events should either have servants that provide boosts ~or~ CEs that provide boosts. Having both at the same time tends to just be a chore to deal with.
I agree with this. Having to balance out which servants to bring to a nose along with CEs is just not fun.

Also, gently caress who ever thought it was a good idea make the materials all different named alloys with colors. This poo poo is so much more of a pain in the rear end yo remember than water/lumber/food.

J.A.B.C. posted:

Pictures.
https://twitter.com/KaroshiMyriad/status/1026757753761456128?s=19

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Aug 7, 2018

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Pureauthor posted:

It's beautiful.

If she turns into a One Piece reference or goes full Chuunibyou, it will be amazing. I love my adorable dork. Going to grail her in 2 years no matter how good/bad she is.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Some people are thinking Summer 3 is going to be a twist event, remembering that the advance copy for the CCC event pitched it as a happy golden week resort trip rather than what it is. The fact that there's a foreigner servant pitched and what looks like BB is in the trailer is just adding fuel to the fire.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
now i need to find another device to install the game on so i dont have to wait 2 years for the only version of Type-Moon Jeanne D'Arc acceptable to my stuck-at-15-years-old aesthetic sense

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

There's an A-Team reference on Chaldean Lifesavers. What a time to be alive.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

OnimaruXLR posted:

now i need to find another device to install the game on so i dont have to wait 2 years for the only version of Type-Moon Jeanne D'Arc acceptable to my stuck-at-15-years-old aesthetic sense

stuck-at-15yo is a fitting title for a saberface fan

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

OnimaruXLR posted:

You can play JP and NA on the same device, they don't conflict at all.

I mean I guess you need to have enough storage space for both.

Also if this is a twist event clearly we're only meant to think that's BB and it's actually Extra Sakura.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it could just be parvati. i kind of lean towards that because the twintails + more modest swimsuit suits her way better, bb'd be wilding out if she was in a summer event, but who knows

either way im owned because they put my two favorite lesser-used servants (ushi and ibaraki) in the same event as my favorite main antagonist (medb). if bb's in this thing too my wallet's going to be drained dry.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I finally pulled Summer Mordred! Perhaps my long gold servant drought is over.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I don't like that it seems like the projects are being proposed by piglets, it was more fun when the other characters did it.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sophism posted:

otoh, having both means you don't need to roll on a banner to improve your farming rates and the people who do roll don't have to balance around deadweight bonus servants as much.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I don't like that it seems like the projects are being proposed by piglets, it was more fun when the other characters did it.
Agreed. I want to build more of Mordred's nonsense.

:(

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Aug 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Summer part 1 has been my favorite event so far. I really like the mini-choose-your-own-adventure format with sometimes silly results, and the bantering between the servants was good. And I'm absolutely not being biased because I got every rate-up part 1 servant in 150 SQ total, really. Part 2 has been alright so far, but yeah the choices aren't as interesting since it seems like the piglets just request whatever without any persuasive pitches. Also only Marie has decided to show up so far for me from part 2, though that's ok since I was generally more interested in the part 1 servants.