Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Yeah, the adoption system is broken, and the high barrier makes it impossible for the average family to adopt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
my gf of 3 years wantsa ring and a child but she can't take the dog to poo poo in the morning so i just fast foward a few years and think about my child asking me why mommy is always late to pick up from school or why doesnt mommy drop them off at school so idk what to do

the pussy game is ridic tho

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
So it's cheaper and the kids already need homes, sounds like a win win.

Or the barriers make it easier for the average family to roll the dice on their own kid and,hope it doesn't cost 400k apparently? gently caress it don't have any kids

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

maffew buildings posted:

So it's cheaper and the kids already need homes, sounds like a win win.

Or the barriers make it easier for the average family to roll the dice on their own kid and,hope it doesn't cost 400k apparently? gently caress it don't have any kids

Your severely oversimplifying it.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/DoctorGML/status/1026579508709576704?s=20

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Mine didn't want to bring Arab babies into America, even though they would be half.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
There's need for competent foster parents, too.

Whether a couple decides to raise any child, there's always something that can be done for the sake of the next generations, so as to not treat their inheritance with the same kind of entitlement and selfishness of the previous generation.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Be a foster parent.

They pay you.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I never ever wanted to have a kid, and after working in my hospital for 2 years and seeing probably 85% of newborn babies going home to meth addicted moms or the biggest pieces of trashy poo poo who've had 7 kids and 5 of them taken away from mom due to neglect makes me think that the movie idiocracy is becoming more of a documentary and I should at least knock out a single child to somewhat offset the difference.

LingcodKilla posted:

Be a foster parent.

They pay you.

I have a buddy who fosters kids and it's primary for the fact that he has no desire to want kids on his own but wants to be a parent for those who need parents the most. Him and his wife make a decent living and the pure satisfaction of helping raise kids and give them the opportunity to become productive members of society and stable is apparently an amazing feeling.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Caufman posted:

There's need for competent foster parents, too.

Whether a couple decides to raise any child, there's always something that can be done for the sake of the next generations, so as to not treat their inheritance with the same kind of entitlement and selfishness of the previous generation.

Fostering is tough. I know good parents, the kind who love kids and want lots of kids, who had a really hard time fostering.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

LingcodKilla posted:

Be a foster parent.

They pay you.

Make six figgies by fostering 40 kids and just have the older ones care for the younger.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Also if you want to generally be a help to youth but don’t want the long term responsibilities, big brother/big sisters program.

I have a few friends who do that and they really like it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Make six figgies by fostering 40 kids and just have the older ones care for the younger.

Or go full finicum and only foster working age kids and put them to work on your ranch.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

Or go full finicum and only foster working age kids and put them to work on your ranch.

Some single dude in CA years ago managed to get like 3 young boys and whored them out.
Utter failure of the system.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Also: the couple who adopted a bunch of kids and put them up on social media and got reported multiple times for creepy poo poo who ultimately killed the entire family by deliberately driving off a cliff.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I hear there's kids for the taking at the border :ice:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

That Works posted:

I hear there's kids for the taking at the border :ice:

gently caress

Going to hell cause I chuckled.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

thats some Shameless poo poo

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/tictoc/status/1026818352113741825?s=19

Chudge Ellis

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
lmao Manafort's gonna get off scot-free

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

What the gently caress I mutter for the third time today.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Crakkerjakk posted:

Adopting is also ridiculously expensive, though more in a "luxury sedan" price bracket instead of the "yacht" bracket. And typically not covered at all by health insurance, I believe.

A few companies (Facebook is one, if I'm remembering correctly) will help offset the adoption expenses. But it's far from the norm.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
https://mobile.twitter.com/Popehat/status/1026843794753314817

Popehat isn't concerned.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Just a reminder that this is a thing that happened once.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Waroduce posted:

my gf of 3 years wantsa ring and a child but she can't take the dog to poo poo in the morning so i just fast foward a few years and think about my child asking me why mommy is always late to pick up from school or why doesnt mommy drop them off at school so idk what to do

the pussy game is ridic tho

This man knows how to build a life.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm sorry but 'Suck my dick, you fuckman' will be the all time greatest thing ever said in court.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Yep. If you read the bloomberg article, it's pretty clear the judge isn't dunking on prosecutors because he's a chud, he's telling them "We get your point. You don't need to make it ten different ways. You've made your point, let's move on".

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Yeah but Americans are really retarded and probably need to hear it 10 different ways.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
After Ammon and Ryan Bundy livestreamed themselves aiming rifles at police and threatened to kill them and were acquitted, you can't blame a prosecutor for going overboard.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

After Ammon and Ryan Bundy livestreamed themselves aiming rifles at police and threatened to kill them and were acquitted, you can't blame a prosecutor for going overboard.

Too bad cops aren't given legal immunity from shooting people when they're scared or threatened.

Wait.

psydude fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Aug 7, 2018

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

psydude posted:

Too bad cops aren't given legal immunity from shooting people when they're scared or threatened.

Wait.

If they were any shade darker than Lily white we'd of droned them so loving hard

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

If they were any shade darker than Lily white we'd of droned them so loving hard

This is the poo poo that gets me about it. But even then, I'm still really surprised they didn't go Ruby Ridge on their asses. Only reason I can think of (other than the obvious aspect of the suspects being white and not brown) is that it was experienced FLEOs and not some beat cop who's too fat to chase after a 16 year old.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

The Holy JDAM was too good for those idiots.

CBU-87 or bust.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
https://twitter.com/cwarzel/status/1026586895369695232

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

psydude posted:

experienced FLEOs

I remember listening to that poo poo streaming live and following this thread. Some of the best entertainment these dead gay forums have provided.

What was the name of the chill feeb who was talking those dipshits down? Mark? That poo poo owned.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

This is the greatest version of "Sir, this is a Wendy's Drive-Thru" thus far

Raptorocalypse
Apr 9, 2009
Those three dipshits who stayed after everyone else left slayed me, livestreaming themselves crying while begging Special Agent Mark for pizza.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/1026832260799123459?s=19

https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/1026839642870611969?s=19

There a bunch of chuds says that because social media sites are publically traded that they're publically owned and therefore 1st amendment protected

Edit: more idiots

https://twitter.com/BeeDeeBee1/status/1026817278078275584?s=19

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Aug 7, 2018

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/ACLU/status/1026883796719882240?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?