Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

howe_sam posted:

It's always been a coproduction with Marvel TV

Marvel is credited as a producer on every property they own, whether it’s their own stuff or Sony and Fox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Aphrodite posted:

Marvel is credited as a producer on every property they own, whether it’s their own stuff or Sony and Fox.

Except in the case of Legion it actually is true. The show was announced as a collaboration between FX and Marvel. Jeph Loeb goes out and does press for the show. You see news about the show on Marvel's webpage. FX is in charge of physical production sure, but the Marvel name is slightly more than just a contractual rubber stamp like the X-Men movies, or Venom.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Just watched the last Cloak & Dagger and I've really enjoyed the season and it has set up well for season 2. Are there any big Cloak & Dagger stories?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
You guys convinced me to start. Episode 1 was neat. I like the vibe. I don't know if I love the format, but it is weirdly compelling.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

X-O posted:

Agreed that Cloak and Dagger was the best first season of any Marvel show so far. I know people will probably still say Daredevil or Jessica Jones or Punisher and I won't argue much because those are great too, but I don't agree. Cloak and Dagger just hit perfectly for me.

The first season of Cloak and Dagger was amazing. Great scripts and fantastic acting. Best Marvel show yet.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

drat. Freeform (ABC) *really* pushes making an account using either FB or email with the ATV app. I had to actually dig around to connect it to my provider.

It gives you a code and directs you to a /account landing page, which funnels you into logging in or creating an account.

If you go to settings you activate with your provider which takes you to a /activate landing page, no account needed.

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Aug 4, 2018

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
The show definitely gets better as it builds momentum. I am just so fascinated by these main characters. At the end of episode 6 where Ty starts to have a meltdown and Tandy can't comfort him because their powers are fucky was a cool beat. I dunno if I think it's better than Daredevil or Jessica Jones, but it's pretty good. My only criticism is that I'm kinda looking for the most likable character and I can't really peg one. Everyone has a moment where I really do not understand what they're thinking/doing.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1026883186943385600?s=19

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Oooooooo

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I’m fine with that.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Why are most of the responses to that tweet freaking out?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ToastyPotato posted:

Because it's Twitter.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ToastyPotato posted:

They probably either had some pet actor they wanted (remember how many people flipped out at Hugh Jackman as Wolverine?) Or they're homophobes that don't like the idea of an out superhero (though I think all of the other CW shows have at least one gay character, just not the leads).

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Ruby Rose is very ok as an actress which I guess is what the CW would ask for. I would've liked to see someone new, but you need star power. If it opens on her saying "gently caress Batman" I'll watch every episode.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
You mean gently caress (me) supergirl

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I liked her as the mute assassin in John Wick 2, so yay.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
She looks super young but apparently she's 32 so that's groovy.

I assume she can punch things well? That's just about my only other criterion.

Also when will the musical episode happen?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

BrianWilly posted:

She looks super young but apparently she's 32 so that's groovy.

Also when will the musical episode happen?

I haven't seen anything she is in, I just hope she can carry action scenes well enough. Blah blah, stunt doubles, but the less they have to rely on tricks and editing to cover for an actor that can't stage fight the better.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Batwoman's long red hair is fake too so they can't even complain about that.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Jesus Christ watch John Wick Chapter 2 you heathens.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like her and yeah, she was good in John Wick 2. Though that was as a silent badass.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I did see John Wick 2. I maintain exactly what I said.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

BrianWilly posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-TZCEyok_o

Man, that hall of mirrors sequence in John Wick 2 was a trip.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

howe_sam posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-TZCEyok_o

Man, that hall of mirrors sequence in John Wick 2 was a trip.

That has got to take some really careful calculation of angles or a lot of CG work to avoid catching any cameras or crew in the shots. Probably both.

E: I mean, even normal cinematic shots involve "if anyone crosses this line, or you shift the camera 5 degrees, the entire scene falls apart", all the mirrors just add extra math.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Bruceski posted:

That has got to take some really careful calculation of angles or a lot of CG work to avoid catching any cameras or crew in the shots. Probably both.

E: I mean, even normal cinematic shots involve "if anyone crosses this line, or you shift the camera 5 degrees, the entire scene falls apart", all the mirrors just add extra math.

Both John Wick movies are masterpieces of stunt work

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Yes but how good is she at salmon laddering?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
So did nobody watch season 3 of Orange is the New Black?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

Sgt. Politeness posted:

So did nobody watch season 3 of Orange is the New Black?

I couldn't get past three episodes of Season 2, Piper is loving unbearable

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Skwirl posted:

They probably either had some pet actor they wanted (remember how many people flipped out at Hugh Jackman as Wolverine?) Or they're homophobes that don't like the idea of an out superhero (though I think all of the other CW shows have at least one gay character, just not the leads).

The most annoyed people I've talked to are lesbians chaffed at CW picking the most hetero safe out girl who straight chicks 'are gay for'.

I'm a lesbian annoyed they picked a bland af actress, but I'ma give her the benefit of the doubt. Rose being able to play possibly two characters well is a long shot for me. But who knows!

Plus as a sidenote, I just like most of the unknowns CW digs up for their myriad shows, they often hit gold even in their more badly written fare. I was excited to see who they might find this time, wasn't expecting them to go higher profile.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

You could argue that she's not white enough (seriously, Batwoman looks so pale you would think that she fell into the same vat of chemicals as him. I never could tell if that was supposed to be a part of her disguise, a load of makeup.)

She should be good. But I wonder are they going to cover up all the actresses tatoos, or just make Kate have a bunch of tats after leaving the military?

Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012

The Question IRL posted:

You could argue that she's not white enough (seriously, Batwoman looks so pale you would think that she fell into the same vat of chemicals as him. I never could tell if that was supposed to be a part of her disguise, a load of makeup.)

She should be good. But I wonder are they going to cover up all the actresses tatoos, or just make Kate have a bunch of tats after leaving the military?

Kate has a bunch of tattoos in the comic

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Mike Danger posted:

Kate has a bunch of tattoos in the comic

I don't remember her having many tattoos, but my reading of her is mostly in stories where she guest stars, and she tends to be in the full Batwoman get-up.

Does she have many in the way Ruby Rose does?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
You guys know people have been covering actors tattoos or other body features for a very long time, right? Scars, age lines, markings, all part of makeup or cgi and probably not particularly expensive. Lena Headey has a lot of tattoos that got covered for GoT and expanded for Dredd.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Question IRL posted:

That's really just one artist's style, then other people aping him.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

The Question IRL posted:

I don't remember her having many tattoos, but my reading of her is mostly in stories where she guest stars, and she tends to be in the full Batwoman get-up.

Does she have many in the way Ruby Rose does?

Kate's got tattoos frickin' everywhere, mate.

So far seeing a lot of bullshit whining from muppets about her being too petite to be an ex-military badass or whatever. Christian Bale was 120lbs when he did The Machinist, shut the gently caress up and at least wait until she's had time to prepare before making GBS threads the bed about it, Christ.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
https://twitter.com/snoodit/status/1026992600794820608?s=21

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I do not understand the hate for the ruby rose casting.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't hate her but she isn't a very good actress.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

I don't hate her but she isn't a very good actress.

Bad acting is not a deal breaker for an Arrowverse show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I don't watch any Arrowverse stuff, but I like CW's track record for finding good to amazing unknowns for even their more badly written stuff. Was hoping they would discover someone cool!