Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Hornet Mode, probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
They’ve said in the past that Hornet DLC is going to be its own, paid thing. This is likelier to be boss rush.

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
Why would the new mode be a boss rush when they literally added a boss rush within the game itself? What would the point be?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
What do you mean they literally added a boss rush within the game itself?

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
Watch the E3 video they did showing it off. It should be easily searchable.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

The Boss Rush will be found inside a chamber in the Sewer I believe. It wouldn't surprise me if the new mode is Time Trial / Hard Mode or something like that.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Gods & Glory is the boss rush mode, it's the one accessed from the sewer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lLs9JJw3-s

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

lot of love for gibberish talk but not enough love for The Big Bug himself, DUNG DEFENDER

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

YAAAAAAA HUNDAAAAAAAAAAA

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

alf_pogs posted:

lot of love for gibberish talk but not enough love for The Big Bug himself, DUNG DEFENDER
Does he defend dung or is he made of dung? The world will never know

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Tekopo posted:

Does he defend dung or is he made of dung? The world will never know

well he defended hallownest so pretty sure he defends the hell out of dung, the shittier the better

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Dung Defender is the absolute best. He is just so cheerful.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I Said No posted:

well he defended hallownest so pretty sure he defends the hell out of dung, the shittier the better
if that’s the case, does that make white defender a Nazi?!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

alf_pogs posted:

Dude is just having the absolute time of his life while you fight him.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Question what spoiler free gear, powerups, nail upgrades can i get with the cloak? I'm starting a new game on the switch, my memory is hazy, and the internet is littered with spoilers.

E: is there a checklist where I can put in my explored areas and gear and it tells me what's available?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

You have the fortune of playing the game semi-blind again and you’re going out of your way to ruin it? Why?

Just go in some direction and see what happens!

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Rex-Goliath posted:

You have the fortune of playing the game semi-blind again and you’re going out of your way to ruin it? Why?

Just go in some direction and see what happens!

Yeah. There's really no wrong choices. Besides at the start you still likely won't have very many options and so you'll soon enough find yourself getting some new upgrades that'll open the game up a little more. After that there are so many paths that it doesn't really matter.

Also as far as the new mode stuff goes. The new mode isn't going to be boss rush because Team Cherry stated they wanted the boss gauntlet stuff to have in game context for it (and not for it to be a separate thing from the normal game) so that likely means that all that stuff will only be in the new area. So anyone's guess for the new mode other than it's going to modify the base game in some way.

They have tech to limit/nullify charms/upgrades/etc now with the new update, maybe it'll use that in some way to create a scalable hard mode or something.

JuniperCake fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Aug 8, 2018

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

alf_pogs posted:

DOMA DOMA DOMAAAAA

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Uggggggg soul master has a 2nd phase!?

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Turtlicious posted:

Uggggggg soul master has a 2nd phase!?

He's so loving rude, I love it. First time he waits until you try to grab the upgrade before going LOL NOPE and slams you into the corpse pit. Great guy.

DroneRiff
May 11, 2009

He does but it's not as bad as it first seems.
Focus on dodging the attack spam and then go for hits in the gaps when he uses orbs. He doesn't have much health left in the second phase.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

How in the world are you supposed to know about White Defender? I had to look it up. There don’t seem to be any clues and the ground doesn’t do that shake that indicates you can break it with the dive. Did I miss some clue somewhere?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

So while I was on my way to unlock the door at the bottom to City of Tears, I found another door that needs a key with the hot spring symbol on it. I only got the one key, so which should I open?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Bottom of the City, Hot Spring isn't mando and can be unlocked with a key later.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

dantheman650 posted:

How in the world are you supposed to know about White Defender? I had to look it up. There don’t seem to be any clues and the ground doesn’t do that shake that indicates you can break it with the dive. Did I miss some clue somewhere?

It became pretty common knowledge after people discovered it for the first time. (You could get into the area before the boss was added)

I guess they relied on it spreading through word of mouth. The Zote boss isn't obvious either.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:| I perfected Soul Master when I woke up this morning. How do you even start your day after that.

One Hundred Monkeys
Aug 7, 2010

Turtlicious posted:

:| I perfected Soul Master when I woke up this morning. How do you even start your day after that.

by immediately going back in and fighting Soul Tyrant, obviously

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going to try the speedrun trick where you get an early pale ore :neckbeard:

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Anyone else super excited for their grub plush next month?

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Broken Cog posted:

It became pretty common knowledge after people discovered it for the first time. (You could get into the area before the boss was added)

I guess they relied on it spreading through word of mouth. The Zote boss isn't obvious either.

Really? I thought it was impossible to miss. after rescuing that lady bug and doing the first trial, there’s a house with a light on and a massive hole with “Descend” written on it.

I just think the White Defender is weird because it feels like you don’t need a guide or outside resources for anything else in the entire game.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Finally beat the Soul Tyrant today. That's 2 out of 3. Now I just need to do the False Knight re-fight and gently caress that guy. I'm gonna max out my essence with moth lady no matter how long it takes.

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
You’d find zotes if you’re regularly checking the diary text changes anyways. White defender is for practical purposes impossible to find without third party assistance. I’m not sure why they didn’t have the floor shake after he makes the move down there.

Some other things are basically impossible to know on your own, like path of pain or the ability to give the flower to menderbug or the shrine of believers but those feel Easter-eggy in a way it makes more sense to me.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

VolticSurge posted:

Finally beat the Soul Tyrant today. That's 2 out of 3. Now I just need to do the False Knight re-fight and gently caress that guy. I'm gonna max out my essence with moth lady no matter how long it takes.

Turn your Masks blue and stand tank that biiiiiitch.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

^burtle posted:

Turn your Masks blue and stand tank that biiiiiitch.

Isn't it difficult to stand tank a guy who does two damage per hit?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
You can do it with him. He's the only guy I cheesed, just wasn't a fun boss at all for me.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

VolticSurge posted:

Isn't it difficult to stand tank a guy who does two damage per hit?

I think that stand tanking Failed Champion is a bit of an exaggeration for anything but the most broken badge builds, but the point is that so much poo poo is happening in the fight in that unless you are skilled at dodging stuff you probably want to forgo any defensive/healing options, stack up anything that can deal out damage quickly, and try to end the fight as soon as possible.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

The trick to Failed Champion is to stay on the ground the whole time except for jumping over the shock wave attack. Try to stay in the middle of the arena by dashing under him when he jumps. Then you just have to stick and move. Don't get greedy with your nail attacks. Get in one hit and dodge out of the way of his hammer. Hit him with a soul fireball if he gives you the chance when you're outside of his range.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol I forgot to pick up the crystal heart while I was getting the pale ore.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

When looking at your inventory what is supposed to be just to the left of the dash slash? It’s the only thing I haven’t gotten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Spin Slash. Poke around Howling Cliffs some more.