Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi

Elentor posted:

Also a girl from my group of friends only played ARAM in LoL and only once in a blue moon played other modes which was a huge waste because we could have finally had filled a 5s teams again with her and she was God's gift to skillshots. I've never seen anyone hit skillshots like her so consistently. Her Morgana had a ludicrous rate of hitting enemy laners with a Q passing through several minions and her Lux max ranged killed people with ults we'd swear were outside of the range. But alas, she graduated to HOTS.

Typical fake gamer girl, going with simplicity over true challenge. They’d rather beat the poo poo out of small children and moan like nervous cows when they order a coffee drink from a guy with tattoos and a vegan dog.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Upon finding out just now that op.gg shamefully saves every season's history I'm both proud and ashamed to say that I have 900 matches with Zyra across all seasons for a tally of 67% win rate, two Vayne victories I cannot remember, an impressively lovely Janna w/r which is probably karma. Also apparently my best champion was old Sion with a 76% wr over 38 games and Cassiopeia with 74% over 31 games which are pretty pitiful samples but I tunnel visioned the plant lady so hard I don't really have anything else to show for other than maining Syndra in S4 which I barely recall.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Nightgull posted:

Typical fake gamer girl, going with simplicity over true challenge. They’d rather beat the poo poo out of small children and moan like nervous cows when they order a coffee drink from a guy with tattoos and a vegan dog.

:chloe:

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Hmm, so the tank changes on the PBE. This gonna make nautilus a good jungler again? More shields = safer clear = more ganks?

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Drone_Fragger posted:

Hmm, so the tank changes on the PBE. This gonna make nautilus a good jungler again? More shields = safer clear = more ganks?

His shield is getting worse for the jungle. Less shield value (scaling) + less shield duration + no boost to shield damage = arguably worse clear, less ganks, just as much an obscure jungler.

The reduced CD might improve his laning potential, however - though I wouldn't be on it.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2018/08/champion-roadmap-august-2018/

Nunu rework keeping q+ult with a new way to set up his ult (...scary)

Ezreal full visual audio rework, reworked w

Kayle/Morgana VGU not until next year, rip

New mage champ coming soon~

e: "Current plan is Nunu>Ezreal>New Mage>New Champ> K&M. That could always change of course"

Firebert fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Aug 6, 2018

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The best possible news for Ezreal changes. I was expecting far worse, and that they would gently caress up his Q and E.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Nightgull posted:

Source your quotes

strong bird
May 12, 2009

its curtains for Kevin posted:

The best possible news for Ezreal changes. I was expecting far worse, and that they would gently caress up his Q and E.

They should remove the 'q' ability from the game.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Probably, but until they do it remains an awesome skill

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ezreal q would stop breaking ezreal randomly if they just made it into a skill shot and not an on hit ability, but thats too easy so it has to keep accidentally breaking him with itemization changes

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I could see them making W more like Xeraths old mage chains, you put it on someone, it has an activation time and then when you hit them with another skillshot it doubles the damage or something.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Drone_Fragger posted:

I could see them making W more like Xeraths old mage chains, you put it on someone, it has an activation time and then when you hit them with another skillshot it doubles the damage or something.

Some sort of damage amp debuff on follow up skillshot seems to be where it's going based on the teaser.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Those Nautilus W changes look terrible. They know he has worst-in-class clear already, right? And that his shield duration is innately tied to the damage he can put out for a clear?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Naut hasn't been a viable jungler in years, they are balancing him for top lane and support

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
After the sweeping jungle changes a few years back yeah, Nauitlus is a better support or support/tank than he ever was a jungler. He had the same Amumu problem even when he was a jungler where he had a slow-rear end clear time to make up for the amount of utility he offered so he would just be invaded and bullied on constantly. He's just such an uncommon pick now in either lane I don't even know why they're adjusting him. He wasn't played competitively and nobody played him overwhelming at any elo so it's just one of those random :riot: changes imo

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

full tank mid lane nautilus with double dorans ring start was dope

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

rabidsquid posted:

Not as dope as double dorans ring Malphite or Zac

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Malphite still has a 2.2 AP ratio on his post-6 combo and you can still easily oneshot people who have no proper MR items if you build AP.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

yeah that was some fun poo poo. you know the meta is hosed when tanks are viable in the mid lane but it's also really fun. see: sion, galio [when you built him tank], etc

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I miss tank galio.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Old galio was funny, you'd see him like 1 in 100 games but he was an annoying piece of poo poo to deal with

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

i miss old poppy when you could build crit+mpen and ult bonk fools for a billion magic damage as payoff for surviving one of the worst laning phases in the game

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

I sometimes miss really old Poppy and instantly exploding nerds while being immune to CC for several seconds

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

Will ARAM or Treeline come to Stats?
We’re not currently planning on showing stats for those queues.

Just kill it already. Come on Riot, I know you want to.

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.
Played some one for all last night, won like 5 in a row, was fun.

Best matchup of the night was our xin zhao vs their heimerdinger. They rushed mid with 5x3 turrets and there was nothing to do but let them push. We took the top and bottom lanes and tried to hold them at the inhib but they took it out about 3 minutes in. Earliest inhib I've ever lost - super minions suck when they have 3x your hp and hit for huge chunks. We held them at the nexus for a while, then slowly pushed back out getting occasional picks. They totally should have won but we somehow were able to keep facing 1-2 at a time and won.

Longest match was our singed into rakan, 39 minutes later we bashed our way in and won...absolute madness. When 5 rakans ult you it doesn't matter how much hp/mr you have, they were able to clear our whole team in the duration of the ults easily.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

el dingo posted:

Old galio was funny, you'd see him like 1 in 100 games but he was an annoying piece of poo poo to deal with

I used to pick him exclusively into teemo toplane because teemo would auto you and you'd get 400 health back then q him for 500 hp

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Rygar201 posted:

Nercolich is Visage my dude

I meant old necrolyte, no clue what he's called now. The aoe pulse dude

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

RealFoxy posted:

After the sweeping jungle changes a few years back yeah, Nauitlus is a better support or support/tank than he ever was a jungler. He had the same Amumu problem even when he was a jungler where he had a slow-rear end clear time to make up for the amount of utility he offered so he would just be invaded and bullied on constantly. He's just such an uncommon pick now in either lane I don't even know why they're adjusting him. He wasn't played competitively and nobody played him overwhelming at any elo so it's just one of those random :riot: changes imo

The changes are them trying to incentivize picking him [and doing a poor job of it].

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Are we gonna talk about the Kotaku piece or just skip to the result and ban everyone who posts in this thread

https://kotaku.com/inside-the-culture-of-sexism-at-riot-games-1828165483

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The reddit consensus was that despite it being a kotaku piece it was fairly well sourced (25+ plus employees I believe) and doesn't require more than a few grains of salt when reading it.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

It's also probably the least surprising thing in the world that a major games dev has a sexist culture.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
That article is pretty damning. They also listed a ton of ex rioter twitter accounts that confirm. Even a rape mightve happened? Oh geez.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

Are we gonna talk about the Kotaku piece or just skip to the result and ban everyone who posts in this thread

https://kotaku.com/inside-the-culture-of-sexism-at-riot-games-1828165483

This is the company where Riot Lyte, the guy whose job was trying to improve player behavior, cheated on his fiance with multiple young women he stalked and then sued his fiance to get his wedding ring back.

Which, admittedly, is still a step above the behavior of the average league player.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
The bit about toxic players in-game being more likely to be fired for poor behavior is very funny.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah that article is pretty hosed and Riot's response was also pretty loving bad.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

well there's the problem right there, they hired gamers

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Yeah that article is pretty hosed and Riot's response was also pretty loving bad.

Yeah, it's some milquetoast lawyer-approved PR poo poo. It only serves to confirm that the article's probably close to (if not right on) the money. Riot's normally a lot more straightforwards and casual with all of their other announcements; the fact that they've got this carefully worded employee's handbook response as their sole response says volumes.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah that's exceptionally damning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

This is the company where Riot Lyte, the guy whose job was trying to improve player behavior, cheated on his fiance with multiple young women he stalked and then sued his fiance to get his wedding ring back.

Which, admittedly, is still a step above the behavior of the average league player.

Looks like I missed some fireworks in my absence. I remember Lyte as the staff member who liked to wave his dick in players faces whenever they questioned him or his methods.