Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Vasudus posted:

Don't forget also that Jeong was targeted in the first place for a lot of harassment because she's a minority woman that writes articles about tech, and tech is the worst culture. So calling out tech stuff as garbage gets you a target on your back.

She pissed off bitcoiners by reporting on Ross Ulbricht's trial like this instead of idk fawning over the shitbag's failed attempts at inducing jury nullification or something. Not just assholes from the tech news sphere, but the meth-addled walldiggers of the bitcoin ecosystem too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/atlblackstar/status/1026858905316601859?s=21

Wow, I’m glad this sting operation took place to really get the hardened criminals off the streets!

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Vasudus posted:

Don't forget also that Jeong was targeted in the first place for a lot of harassment because she's a minority woman that writes articles about tech, and tech is the worst culture. So calling out tech stuff as garbage gets you a target on your back.

I don't doubt it at all. I'm still like gently caress this lady though after diving into the Twitter comments trying to figure this stuff out.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

She pissed off bitcoiners by reporting on Ross Ulbricht's trial like this instead of idk fawning over the shitbag's failed attempts at inducing jury nullification or something. Not just assholes from the tech news sphere, but the meth-addled walldiggers of the bitcoin ecosystem too.

Thats p good, ngl.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYd-F9b_RMU

goomsnarr
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah, yeah...
I watched "Who Is America?" and was wondering if y'all could tell me why Shaun McCutcheon was doing a bad McNally impression?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Syrian Lannister posted:

:stare:

JFC what the hell is wrong with this country

So many things.

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014

mlmp08 posted:

Wow, I’m glad this sting operation took place to really get the hardened criminals off the streets!

Cops: "Hey guys lets create honeypots that exploit poverty mindstates and get kids booked on bullshit charges! What can go wrong? "

*shootings happen*

Cops: "Why dont these savage Blacks trust the police and tell us what happened???"

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

mlmp08 posted:

All cops are bastards

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
This doesn't happen at my department

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Lavrov says Russia knows of US Military plans before they happen

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-says-it-will-know-us-military-plans-they-happen-1048779

:thunk:

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Viva Miriya posted:

I don't doubt it at all. I'm still like gently caress this lady though after diving into the Twitter comments trying to figure this stuff out.

Sarah Jeong owns. I don't give a gently caress about this dumb tiff Cernovich kicked off. I've been reading her articles for awhile and she's an awesome tech reporter. She doesn't fawn over companies, she doesn't get swept away by dumbass trends, and she's a solid writer. I don't know about her at the NYT but it makes me hopeful because at least they've got one non lovely person on the drat editorial board.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Sarah Jeong owns. I don't give a gently caress about this dumb tiff Cernovich kicked off. I've been reading her articles for awhile and she's an awesome tech reporter. She doesn't fawn over companies, she doesn't get swept away by dumbass trends, and she's a solid writer. I don't know about her at the NYT but it makes me hopeful because at least they've got one non lovely person on the drat editorial board.

fair enough

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hot Karl Marx posted:

https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/1026832260799123459?s=19

https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/1026839642870611969?s=19

There a bunch of chuds says that because social media sites are publically traded that they're publically owned and therefore 1st amendment protected

Edit: more idiots

https://twitter.com/BeeDeeBee1/status/1026817278078275584?s=19

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Fallom posted:

I was hoping to see the end of obnoxious mesothelioma lawsuit ads in my lifetime. So much for that.

You will because they're going to get rid of the class-action lawsuits against them.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

The VA is being run out of a golf club, what else is new?

https://www.propublica.org/article/ike-perlmutter-bruce-moskowitz-marc-sherman-shadow-rulers-of-the-va

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Tom Ellis exhibits many of the signs I recognize in a child abuser.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Checkmate libtards :shucks:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
This guy cuts through the bullshit and says what they are all thinking
https://twitter.com/Kirshu64535436/status/1026942169242718208

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Heh, many, many years ago when I was making some side bucks as a bouncer you'd get people tell you that you couldn't do poo poo because it's a "public" bar and gently caress you they'll do what they want.

Then you'd push them into the gutter and call them a bitch.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Stultus Maximus posted:

This guy cuts through the bullshit and says what they are all thinking
https://twitter.com/Kirshu64535436/status/1026942169242718208

Ah yes, John McAfee continues to not know when to shut his god damned mouth

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Noted drug eating pedophile John McAfee.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

LongDarkNight posted:

YOSPOS has a good summary.

maker chick doxxed and threatened the american journalist who interviewed her because she didn't like the article. this got her kicked off patreon and a bunch of other stuff, it was bad. and when jeong said "wow not cool" maker chick went after her too 

Maker chick in this instance is realSexyCyborg. I follow her on twitter because tig ol bitties. It was a thing because Vice kept on pushing for personal information that would get her legit jailed in Shenzen. Cyborg lashed out of fear and Vice didnt give a gently caress. Sexy Cyborg printed the doxxing info on her LED hooker boots and I thought that was cool.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Just saw this. Letting rich loving pricks at your club run the VA. Burn it to the loving ground.

quote:

More to the point, he is one-third of an informal council that is exerting sweeping influence on the VA from Mar-a-Lago, President Donald Trump’s private club in Palm Beach, Florida. The troika is led by Ike Perlmutter, the reclusive chairman of Marvel Entertainment, who is a longtime acquaintance of President Trump’s. The third member is a lawyer named Marc Sherman. None of them has ever served in the U.S. military or government...

The Mar-a-Lago Crowd spoke with VA officials daily, the documents show, reviewing all manner of policy and personnel decisions. They prodded the VA to start new programs, and officials travelled to Mar-a-Lago at taxpayer expense to hear their views. “Everyone has to go down and kiss the ring,” a former administration official said.

If the bureaucracy resists the trio’s wishes, Perlmutter has a powerful ally: The President of the United States. Trump and Perlmutter regularly talk on the phone and dine together when the president visits Mar-a-Lago. “On any veterans issue, the first person the president calls is Ike,” another former official said.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Sarah Jeong is good and one of my favourite recent articles I read was the one she wrote about Epic going ham on a 14 year old kid throwing copyright law at him because he streamed Fortnite cheats on youtube and they are not giving up on suing him for unauthorized modification resulting in a derivative work and then consequently publicly displaying said derivative work.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

Ah, I see the Afghan shadow governor system has been adopted by the VA.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

I gotta be honest the baby camps and this VA thing are the most rage I've ever loving felt. Would gleefully guillotine these fucks.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I gotta be honest the baby camps and this VA thing are the most rage I've ever loving felt. Would gleefully guillotine these fucks.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Eej posted:

Sarah Jeong is good and one of my favourite recent articles I read was the one she wrote about Epic going ham on a 14 year old kid throwing copyright law at him because he streamed Fortnite cheats on youtube and they are not giving up on suing him for unauthorized modification resulting in a derivative work and then consequently publicly displaying said derivative work.

did going after him with the CFAA not work or something? Iirc that's got a bunch of vague poo poo that can be argued by high-powered lawyers as being pretty much anything in breach of the EULA.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

KirbyKhan posted:

Maker chick in this instance is realSexyCyborg. I follow her on twitter because tig ol bitties. It was a thing because Vice kept on pushing for personal information that would get her legit jailed in Shenzen. Cyborg lashed out of fear and Vice didnt give a gently caress. Sexy Cyborg printed the doxxing info on her LED hooker boots and I thought that was cool.

Seconding the tig ol bitties and also seconding that even thought she was maybe justified she's still a psycho.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Brace yourselves...

https://twitter.com/Millie__Weaver/status/1026992136833691648

Infowars journalist :lol:

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
She's dumb af

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

quote:

Besides advocating for friends’ interests, some of the Mar-a-Lago Crowd’s interventions served their own purposes. Starting in February 2017, Perlmutter convened a series of conference calls with executives at Johnson & Johnson, leading to the development of a public awareness campaign about veteran suicide. They planned to promote the campaign by ringing the closing bell at the New York Stock Exchange around the time of Veterans Day.

The event also turned into a promotional opportunity for Perlmutter’s company. Executives from Marvel and its parent company, Disney, joined Johnson & Johnson as sponsors of the Veterans Day event at the stock exchange. Shulkin rang the closing bell standing near a preening and flexing Captain America, with Spider-Man waving from the trading pit, and Marvel swag distributed to some of the attendees. “Generally the VA secretary or defense secretary don’t shill for companies,” the leader of a veterans advocacy group said.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Is this because she got owned for being an idiot on twitter earlier today

Caufman
May 7, 2007
You should keep a supply of potable water on hand. It's a good idea even when the deep state is not couping.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

Caufman posted:

You should keep a supply of potable water on hand. It's a good idea even when the deep state is not couping.

When are they not?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

FAUXTON posted:

did going after him with the CFAA not work or something? Iirc that's got a bunch of vague poo poo that can be argued by high-powered lawyers as being pretty much anything in breach of the EULA.

IANAL but wouldn't using the CFAA basically be bringing federal charges onto a 14 year old kid for hacking a video game?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I have some cans of beans :effort:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The whole lot of them are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Living in an earthquake/climate change underwater area/highly flammable state/major nuclear target I should probably keep some kind of water on hand.

• Locked thread