Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Without making me do any work is O'Connor a good kind of Democrat who likes good and popular things or the other kind of Democrat who would rather lose than support good and popular things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

whew

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

manchik...

manchin?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Flavius Aetass posted:

i don't want to be too :tinfoil: but does anyone else find something awfully fucky about how many nearly 50/50 elections there are?

Matchmaking system is well-tuned

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agean90 posted:

what happened in oakland

All the god damned whites moved there is what

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
does O'Conner gently caress?

remains to be seen

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

El-Sayed behind by 13% with 20% reporting, not looking good guys. I'd feel more hopeful if I could find a district where El-Sayed had a strong lead and could build on it as more of it reported but even Wayne County is neck-to-neck for him and Whitmer.

Governor was called an hour ago. OH-12 is what all the cool kids are watchin

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Without making me do any work is O'Connor a good kind of Democrat who likes good and popular things or the other kind of Democrat who would rather lose than support good and popular things?

o'connor is succ, but perfect for that district

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

http://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1026997844044115969

Didnt early votes (E Votes?) massively skew to Dems?

e-day means election day

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

SKULL.GIF posted:

El-Sayed behind by 13% with 20% reporting, not looking good guys. I'd feel more hopeful if I could find a district where El-Sayed had a strong lead and could build on it as more of it reported but even Wayne County is neck-to-neck for him and Whitmer.

now I cry

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Why wouldn't you just print enough ballots for every potential voter what the hell.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
dont worry about the green party in the us, their youngest member was born in the 70s. theyll die off soon enough.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

boy I would not want to be in charge of security at any sign that says "LICKING COUNTY"

might as well just buy giant letter Os in bulk

Rubber Tucky
Oct 14, 2004

Next time I will pay attention while choosing my thread tags.
most of the votes left are in delaware? which is, uh, lame

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
Delaware country being at only 52% reporting isn't a good thing

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

triple sulk posted:

manchik...

manchin?

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

The two main things I want tonight is:
1) OConnor winning to hopefully do some good but also to spite Trump.

2) Kobach losing because he is a horrible human being.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The unions ran a bunch of effective misleading ads on vote no for right to work hopefully we learn that it is ok to lie your rear end off for votes.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1027005179441410049

#SmugNate

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Why wouldn't you just print enough ballots for every potential voter what the hell.

because it's wasteful? and when you look at historical turnouts averages you go "okay, print that much plus five percent more just in case"

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

I mean it's the natural end point of a two party system

Yeah, I've thought about this before and kind of put it in the same place as why starter houses get nabbed up so quickly by real estate companies and why it's increasingly difficult for a regular person to make money off the stock market reliably.

It's all consultants and analysts and algorithms pitted against each other, so we have this kind of stalemate where the only real loser is anyone who wants to do things the honest and old-fashioned way, or lacks the means to play the game.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

maker posted:

now I cry

ah well, rip. Looks like a decent brace of good Dems won primaries for smaller elections tho, now they just need to bring it home in november

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Elephanthead posted:

The unions ran a bunch of effective misleading ads on vote no for right to work hopefully we learn that it is ok to lie your rear end off for votes.

prop 8 already proved this

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Gringostar posted:

Delaware country being at only 52% reporting isn't a good thing

we don't know which half has reported so it's totally unknown what is good and what is bad!! hell yeah

Rubber Tucky
Oct 14, 2004

if o'connor loses by a vote count within the votes for manchik maybe we should yell at jill stein again

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

this is one of those refresh a lot things i guess

Rubber Tucky
Oct 14, 2004

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

The two main things I want tonight is:
1) OConnor winning to hopefully do some good but also to spite Trump.

2) Kobach losing because he is a horrible human being.

i hadve so basd news for you

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Rubber Tucky posted:

if o'connor loses by a vote count within the votes for manchik maybe we should yell at jill stein again

i'm cool with yelling at her regardless

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Concerned Citizen posted:

we don't know which half has reported so it's totally unknown what is good and what is bad!! hell yeah

most of the unreported precincts are in the southern half, which is the blue part

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:ohdear:

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
1300+ votes and the 7% remaining in Franklin county are gonna have to be enough to fend off the half of Delaware county that still has to report.

And the e-votes I guess?

e: and still have two rural counties reporting

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Concerned Citizen posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473265809079693312

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Rubber Tucky posted:

yelling at jill stein is always good

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
from what the Smart People Who Analyze the Data are saying about the remaining votes, Balderson's probly gonna squeak this by less than a % point, the worst gop showing in this district for like 25+ years.

so, y'know, get ready for the multiple trump tweets tomorrow proclaiming a glorious crushing victory, wow, many are saying a red wave is inevitable, it was all thanks to my endorsement.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

cyphr555 posted:

most of the unreported precincts are in the southern half, which is the blue part

republicans are probably counting how many votes they need to win before they announce anything more

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Kobach's Rules

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"Danny OConnor leads by 0.1 percentage points, or 155 votes, over Troy Balderson with 85 percent of precincts fully reporting. "

YOWZA

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
we should have given our energy to o'connor :ohdear:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

unimaginable ownage by the green party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1027007061530427392