Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

sharknado slashfic posted:

I have some cans of beans :effort:

Thinkin about thos beans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Actually you can't store that much water on hand. Better to keep them in bottles, jugs, or barrels.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

EBB posted:

Living in an earthquake/climate change underwater area/highly flammable state/major nuclear target I should probably keep some kind of water on hand.

california buddies yeah!

i think the rhino-pak dealios are best, for how cheap they are

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00336SBUE

can't store it on its side ever but otherwise great

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Milo and POTUS posted:

The whole lot of them are

its really hard to tell where the grifting off incels, chuds and olds ends and outright insanity begins

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
A bottle of iodine pills is easier to keep around than jugs of water. :shrug:

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
a bottle of cyanide is the easiest to keep around, hth

Caufman
May 7, 2007
And you only need one cyanide pill to render all these considerations moot.

Also you are 75% water, so really you and your neighbors are walking supplies of water.

edit: Beaten to the suicide pill.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

bird food bathtub posted:

Yes, those pristine, undamaged water mains will work for me after we get dropped halfway into the sea by the faultline. Only other option is distilling the salt water which requires fuel and a condensation rig.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The Republican should be sailing away with this district by about 10% and instead it's *this* close.

https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/1027007001824579584

Nobody knows what vote is currently left because Ohio is a dumb state. They also don't report precinct-by-precinct so nobody knows what vote is still out and from where. Gonna be close!

Edit: Republican likely going to win, within provisional ballot range, but lol Right to Work got turbofucked in Missouri.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Aug 8, 2018

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

bird food bathtub posted:

But only protects against certain diseases, and does nothing for the gross industrial contamination that has a reasonable chance of occurring in many places.

Edit: I have iodine tablets anyway, but there's no way they're not expired. Whatever that means.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Caufman posted:

You should keep a supply of potable water on hand. It's a good idea even when the deep state is not couping.

I have a pet lizard that I'll use as a hostage when the interstellar reptiloids try to take over.

Somehow this plan is even less insane than the president's favorite news sources.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Don't forget your fish antibiotics for your prepper kit.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I gotta be honest the baby camps and this VA thing are the most rage I've ever loving felt. Would gleefully guillotine these fucks.

Last year Congress voted to authorize a special allowance for surviving spouses of service members who are affected by a benefits offset they promised to get rid of. To fund the allowance, they raised Tricare fees saying that "the military likes taking care of their own, we should give them a chance to."

Chances are if you're receiving this allowance, you also use Tricare.

Everything is enraging.

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

EBB posted:

Living in an earthquake/climate change underwater area/highly flammable state/major nuclear target I should probably keep some kind of water on hand.

One of the worst things about the cold war ending is that I'm questioning the survivability of a nuclear exchange instead of being vaporized outright.

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

(I hope to die quick and clean), Inshallah.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Eej posted:

IANAL but wouldn't using the CFAA basically be bringing federal charges onto a 14 year old kid for hacking a video game?

Idk I'm just going off some EFF or EFF-like chicken littling which I may or may not be remembering accurately and may in fact be DMCA instead.

E: https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2018/01/ninth-circuit-doubles-down-violating-websites-terms-service-not-crime

It was the CFAA but they probably saw the writing on the wall.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Godholio posted:

But only protects against certain diseases, and does nothing for the gross industrial contamination that has a reasonable chance of occurring in many places.

Edit: I have iodine tablets anyway, but there's no way they're not expired. Whatever that means.

Means you have to use twice as much, obv.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Thelonious posted:

One of the worst things about the cold war ending is that I'm questioning the survivability of a nuclear exchange instead of being vaporized outright.

The way we're heading I wouldn't be surprised in the long run of the russians gambling on an unanswered first strike because of the kompromat on trump.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
well if we can't shoot across the border can we at least chip the non whites

https://twitter.com/pdxlawgrrrl/status/1026905360727138304

e: BONUS CONTENT

https://twitter.com/christinawilkie/status/1027024163809251331

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Just got done with the 2020 Commission Report on the North Korean Nuclear Attacks Against the United States and it is both darkly comical as well as grim as poo poo. The golf course scene is worth the price of admission alone. Just be sure to have something to take your mind off it afterwards since there's some real darkest timeline stuff in there.

:rip: if you live in South Korea, Tokyo/Yokohama, Palm Beach, Honolulu, Manhattan, or between Tysons and Alexandria

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

The way we're heading I wouldn't be surprised in the long run of the russians gambling on an unanswered first strike because of the kompromat on trump.

I'm in the middle of nowhere but at least as a child at the end of the cold war I was sandwiched comfortably between a SAC base and another primary target. Hopefully there's still a few warheads pointed this way because I never did escape.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Eej posted:

well if we can't shoot across the border can we at least chip the non whites

https://twitter.com/pdxlawgrrrl/status/1026905360727138304

Good news: such devices do not exist.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Missouri rejected the gently caress out of the "right to work" law on the ballot, 67-33

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

I'm going to preempt the spin that this means his golf outings are actually work trips because cadet bonespurs SUPPORTS ARE TROOPS.

Thelonious posted:

I'm in the middle of nowhere but at least as a child at the end of the cold war I was sandwiched comfortably between a SAC base and another primary target. Hopefully there's still a few warheads pointed this way because I never did escape.

I live outside a small city (actually the setting to a book a couple years ago about a high altitude burst). I joke about going mad max and being ok with cannibalism but I really don't want to survive the first strike.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Just got done with the 2020 Commission Report on the North Korean Nuclear Attacks Against the United States and it is both darkly comical as well as grim as poo poo. The golf course scene is worth the price of admission alone. Just be sure to have something to take your mind off it afterwards since there's some real darkest timeline stuff in there.

:rip: if you live in South Korea, Tokyo/Yokohama, Palm Beach, Honolulu, Manhattan, or between Tysons and Alexandria

Tokyo/Yokohama aren't worth it anymore imo. All the major combat forces are elsewhere like Okinawa or Iwakuni and the ships in Yokosuka are probably deployed anyway, or already broken.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I would imagine it's still on the list as a way to gently caress the world economy up while killing millions in an instant. Same with Manhattan.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Thelonious posted:

I'm something like 15 miles south of San Francisco proper. Countervalue strike means I get vaporized when the airport goes up. Counterforce strike depends on if they care enough to cancel Fleet Week (:v:). Also, horrible death by radiation from the schools in Monterrey getting flattened. I love that town. :sigh:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

At least I die quick in Manhattan right?

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

Good news: such devices do not exist.

There was a fake news article 5 years ago about 1/3 of the US population being RFID through vaccines. I showed that the college that did the study didn’t exist and that active rfid that could be tracked is substantially to big to ever fit in a syringe. 1/2 of the people talking about it dismissed me outright because they don’t trust the federal government, despite being on active duty, working for the federal government.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

There was a fake news article 5 years ago about 1/3 of the US population being RFID through vaccines. I showed that the college that did the study didn’t exist and that active rfid that could be tracked is substantially to big to ever fit in a syringe. 1/2 of the people talking about it dismissed me outright because they don’t trust the federal government, despite being on active duty, working for the federal government.

Blood donations too....

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

CMD598 posted:

Tokyo/Yokohama aren't worth it anymore imo. All the major combat forces are elsewhere like Okinawa or Iwakuni and the ships in Yokosuka are probably deployed anyway, or already broken.

The scenario kicks off during Foal Eagle so there's plenty of US assets deployed in the field. North Korea launches off about 50 nukes in the opening salvo, mostly at the US bases in the region but a few gently caress yous at the Japanese. Okinawa and Guam specifically come out unscathed as the eight missiles fired at them either explode off shore or fail in flight. About half the US service members and dependents in SK and Japan end up as casualties, but in the end it does jack poo poo to stop the USN and USAF from completely eliminating the DPRK military within a few days, but the difficulties in hunting down the North Korean launchers mean that KJU is able to get off a last salvo of ICBMs at CONUS.

Viva Miriya posted:

At least I die quick in Manhattan right?

If your name is ________Melania Trump________, then yes.

Otherwise, think WTC collapse but across the entire island :smith:

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

I hope the orcas take over. Maybe they will build a more just world than we could.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Missouri rejected the gently caress out of the "right to work" law on the ballot, 67-33

The legislature will just pass it again and not give a gently caress.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

I hope the orcas take over. Maybe they will build a more just world than we could.

At least you didn't pick dolphins. The Weinsteins of the ocean.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Warning, this is an op-ed, but I don't even know how to parse this. Qaddaffi was good, killing him was bad, boo africans in europe. Navel gazing think pieces like this heavily contribute to the miasma of distrust and antipathy so endemic in the current national and international discourse.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/07/opinion/can-i-ruin-your-dinner-party.html

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Tom friedman bad!? Who knew???

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Tom friedman bad!? Who knew???

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

also I met him IRL in 2004 and he's even loving stupider and more milquetoast in person than he is on paper

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Immanentized posted:

Warning, this is an op-ed, but I don't even know how to parse this. Qaddaffi was good, killing him was bad, boo africans in europe. Navel gazing think pieces like this heavily contribute to the miasma of distrust and antipathy so endemic in the current national and international discourse.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/07/opinion/can-i-ruin-your-dinner-party.html

Is it just the usual prattle about weighing an unknown quantity of freedom against a known quantity of stability?

Because that poo poo is evergreen since it's always going to be subjective/rhetorical/hypothetical/dependent on questionable assumptions about how rational a revolution can be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Wooooooooooops

https://twitter.com/PeterAlexander/status/1027182439590977536?s=19

https://twitter.com/evanmcmurry/status/1027183819969978368?s=19

• Locked thread