Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

why is the rad gun so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
why does a smiley face show up on the map sometimes when i clear a room

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
It's a symbol for NPCs

Did you pick up the badge that run

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Looks like that ship..
has sailed.

(I appreciate the tables for eyes)

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
why is the thunderclap an A rank gun

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Another day, another challenge mode fail. At least I can get my hedgmony back because I typically make it to floor 4 at minimum.

GT Special
May 25, 2009

Oh man, this is with the snowbullet item, right?

Had a run where I had the corsair and balloon gun synergy, which gave it double damage, plus the fat bullet, alpha bullet, and snow bullet items.

It was absolutely silly. I'd fire three corsair shots in a room and watch these bullets turn into giant yellow blobs that filled the screen and killed anything it touched instantly.

Made for the easiest bullet hell run ever lol

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

spit on my clit posted:

why is the thunderclap an A rank gun

To screw you if you luck into a good chest

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

You know what's a bit of a kick in the balls? A loving heart container from a red chest.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

extradite THIS! posted:

You know what's a bit of a kick in the balls? A loving heart container from a red chest.

My man have you heard of getting a heart container from a black chest?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

extradite THIS! posted:

Heart of Ice?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Archenteron posted:

Heart of Ice?

All of the basic heart container passives are considered C, B and A-level items. I think today I got the Heart Locket in a red chest.

Einwand posted:

My man have you heard of getting a heart container from a black chest?

:negative:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I have a run with clone and like 7-8 hearts and the blood fountain activated. I'd feel confident in going into Bullet Hell but my best gun is still my starting sword. C'mon game c'mon :(

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I have a run with clone and like 7-8 hearts and the blood fountain activated. I'd feel confident in going into Bullet Hell but my best gun is still my starting sword. C'mon game c'mon :(

To be fair, Blasphemy is a drat good weapon if you're at full health.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

spit on my clit posted:

This game is like if BoI took skill to play rather than sheer luck.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

If you don't get at least 1 dmg up and 1 range up. you are absolutely positively with no doubt hosed in boi.
There are a lot of bosses you can pea shoot to death but BOOOOOY will you hate every second of your life trying to.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i don't think jimface actually needs to refer to anything to be relevant

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
After getting all achievements except for one, i'm struggling trying to come up with interesting things to do in the game add to my cheat table that could make the game more fun, aside from boring things like "be invulnerable" "kill everything instantly forever" and "maybe aim for me, it's the last thing aside from walking i have to do myself"

I might try to make a script to ignore the DPS cap, like the makeshift cannon and yari launcher do, but on all weapons. May be a worthwhile and/or fun effort. Let's see how powerful certain item combinations can really get :getin:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Unrelated but man was i disappointed to find out the makeshift cannon can't kill the Old King in one shot.

didi i say "disappointed"? i meant "dead", of course.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Be honest with me, how am I looking on my first floor. Does this run have a chance

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

HenryEx posted:

Unrelated but man was i disappointed to find out the makeshift cannon can't kill the Old King in one shot.

didi i say "disappointed"? i meant "dead", of course.

It does about 1200~ damage apparently, meanwhile the old king has an absurd 3333 health, as much as the main portion of the dragun fight.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
i managed to get a crowned gungeon ant, a yari launcher, duct tape and double vision

i immediately also fought the kill pillars who i have seen all over two other times and they immediately clotheslined me (with a speck of health health left)

i lost my ability to feel human

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
the two times ive gotten to the forge i died in the same room with the thin lava on the floor which my mind refuses to comprehend as a hazard until it is too late

i even had gold junk man as well on my last run :(

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

why is the rad gun so good

The Rad Gun is actually S-tier once you realize you can just reload it 4-6 times before you go to the next room.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Einwand posted:

It does about 1200~ damage apparently, meanwhile the old king has an absurd 3333 health, as much as the main portion of the dragun fight.

That's a crazy amount of HP for a floor 2.5 boss.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
How do you guys deal with ammo into bullet hell?

I've gotten there three times and each time I was basically totally out of ammo for my decent guns, the one time I got to the lich I got a lucky ammo box. It's crazy!

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

abigserve posted:

How do you guys deal with ammo into bullet hell?

I've gotten there three times and each time I was basically totally out of ammo for my decent guns, the one time I got to the lich I got a lucky ammo box. It's crazy!

You can plink down weaker enemies with your basic gun if needed. Also, figuring out when Bullet Hell is about to loop you around by paying attention to the mini-map will allow you to skip rooms.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Mr. Prokosch posted:

The Rad Gun is actually S-tier once you realize you can just reload it 4-6 times before you go to the next room.

noice! rad! noice! noice! noice! waaack

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Laughing wildly. I finally beat Lich! I didn't really know his pattern at all so I facetanked almost everything. Turns out having literally a billion heart containers lets you damage race him.

I'll get good at the fight one day, today just wasn't that day.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
is there any reason to do the oubliette or beat the old king more than once? I mean besides the free armor in the oubliette is there anything else really worth it?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Desperate Character posted:

is there any reason to do the oubliette or beat the old king more than once? I mean besides the free armor in the oubliette is there anything else really worth it?

Oub is worth going into if possible since the extra money helps with the rest of the run and overall it's pretty easy.

The Abbey is worth skipping unless if you're trying to get to Brother Albern in order to get Lies or the items in his chest. The Old King is a tanky and annoying boss.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

Desperate Character posted:

It's usually worth it to do both every time. For the oubliette you get an extra floor's worth of money, another chance to find something good in the shop or to get special rooms, extra drops from clearing all those floors (so extra chances at keys), two extra chests if you can scrounge up the keys for them and a boss reward. That costs two keys, which means depending on your luck you might have to leave some chests on floor 1. My rule is to go to the oubliette unless it means leaving a red or a black chest. Leaving a green chest hurts but that's pretty rare. With the boss reward you're really only losing one key, the other is being traded for the boss item.

Going down to the Abbey costs nothing extra unless the crest is behind a locked door. If you're good enough to get the crest to the altar then you should clear the Abbey since it's a lot more stuff for free.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXVHH0ANc7A

Please appreciate how stupid this run I had was

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
gently caress you sarah connor

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

HenryEx posted:

After getting all achievements except for one, i'm struggling trying to come up with interesting things to do in the game add to my cheat table that could make the game more fun, aside from boring things like "be invulnerable" "kill everything instantly forever" and "maybe aim for me, it's the last thing aside from walking i have to do myself"

I might try to make a script to ignore the DPS cap, like the makeshift cannon and yari launcher do, but on all weapons. May be a worthwhile and/or fun effort. Let's see how powerful certain item combinations can really get :getin:

No more waves, everything spawns instantly upon entering the room. Maybe some player damage up to compensate.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Is the demolition man achievement impossible to get with the Bullet? I've rolled destroyed tons of frozen dudes with him and never go the achievement.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXVHH0ANc7A

Please appreciate how stupid this run I had was

lol i hope that wasnt your shot at 5 master rounds

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I looked up this clone you guys keep talking about. So does the clone itself also get carried over into your next run; ie: your run can go on forever until you win or die in the past?

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Argue posted:

I looked up this clone you guys keep talking about. So does the clone itself also get carried over into your next run; ie: your run can go on forever until you win or die in the past?

It basically just gives you a new run when you die, once, and you carry over every item from the previous one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Einwand posted:

It basically just gives you a new run when you die, once, and you carry over every item from the previous one.

Yes, what I meant was, does "every item" include the clone itself? ie: if you die on your second run, do you still have the clone, which lets you go on to a third run, and so on?