Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

"negative minor racial massages" is some truly fascinating wordsmithing. Maybe not wordsmithing as that implies some level of skill

Ah what a lovely snipe, have a sheep stuck in a swing
https://i.imgur.com/tpt6Jbh.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!

Spectral Debt posted:

But how’d he get the will?!?!
Where there’s a will, there’s a way.

Plumps
Apr 21, 2010

the rarely seen Inverse Scorpion technique wherein the practitioner headbutts themself in their own spine

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Plumps posted:

the rarely seen Inverse Scorpion technique wherein the practitioner headbutts themself in their own spine

he bent the bar with his neck on impact. That dudes neck is hosed.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

Lobster God posted:

OP repeatedly states he doesn't understand how this could be a big deal and mostly seems concerned with how the boyfriend got a copy of the will.

This seems like such a weird thing to fixate on because it’s obvious how the boyfriend got a copy of the will: while the guy was dying of cancer he made drat sure his boyfriend had a copy because he knew (or suspected) that his rear end in a top hat family would pull this poo poo.
Also I love the hypocrisy that these rear end in a top hat’s didn’t approve of his gay lifestyle but they sure as poo poo approve of spending his money after he’s dead.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

King of Foolians posted:

This seems like such a weird thing to fixate on because it’s obvious how the boyfriend got a copy of the will: while the guy was dying of cancer he made drat sure his boyfriend had a copy because he knew (or suspected) that his rear end in a top hat family would pull this poo poo.
Also I love the hypocrisy that these rear end in a top hat’s didn’t approve of his gay lifestyle but they sure as poo poo approve of spending his money after he’s dead.

In one of his comments he mentions that they have a big family, the money was split amongst them all (except the gay ones I assume) and they are having trouble paying the boyfriend his due amount because the family spent it all.

I hope they're all extremely hosed.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

The OP openly admitted to stealing $850k is now playing the "it's just a piece of paper" defense :psyduck:

There's no way this doesn't end with someone going to jail.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

drat that is...that is a whole lot of felonies.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Spectral Debt posted:

But how’d he get the will?!?!

I know right? It's not like his partner would ever give him a copy or discuss his intentions in anyway while he was still alive.

I really hope I get to read about these guys getting obliterated in court in the not too distant future.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

King of Foolians posted:

In every post the douche family refer to him as their dead brother's "friend".

Even in death, they can't acknowledge he was gay and going to marry the man he loved.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
The dude absolutely knew something like this was going to happen. Of course his partner had a copy.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Wills become public information you can just get from probate court or whatever when someone dies

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Twitter’s CEO jacking off about freeze peaches:

https://twitter.com/jack/status/1026984242893357056

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
Calling in backup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ8c5gTKO6Y

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Platystemon posted:

Twitter’s CEO jacking off about freeze peaches:

https://twitter.com/jack/status/1026984242893357056

"Freeze peaches"?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

In what way has Twitter ever promoted a healthy conversational environment? Like the existence of Twitter is anathema to the idea of healthy conversation.

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.
https://i.imgur.com/8g9SiHT.mp4

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Weatherman posted:

"Freeze peaches"?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Weatherman posted:

"Freeze peaches"?

A satirical mispronunciation "free speech."

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Skippy McPants posted:

A satirical mispronunciation free speech.

Ah, gotcha :doh:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Like the guy at the end with the "alright alright, get back in the car please."

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
This one is fun:

https://www.theroot.com/white-woman-snatches-protest-sign-from-black-woman-cri-1828051788

Grab poo poo, get hit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XijA2Ee3yk

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I hope the post about stealing 850k from his dead brother's will wasn't fake because I want to read that court judgement. Also, it looks like the OP's sister was the executor and wanted to honor the will, but OP convinced her not to. Which sucks, because she's on the hook for a ton of the criminal implications, but hopefully OP gets dragged into those too.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
My other favorite part of that whole debacle is the OP insisting that he and his family are absolutely not bigots.

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.
https://i.imgur.com/4e4wBIe.mp4

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Transmogrifier posted:

My other favorite part of that whole debacle is the OP insisting that he and his family are absolutely not bigots.

They're not bigots! They hate the gays for religious reasons so it's totes OK. Oh and the racial thing? Those personally directed, private messages weren't a big deal. Honest. Just some harmless fun.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
I'm a dumbass, laugh at me!

Gynocentric Regime has a new favorite as of 15:31 on Aug 8, 2018

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Gynocentric Regime posted:

Got a brand new shipment of Grad A schad, courtesy of @benjanun_s. A conservative bigoted family in Massachusetts defrauded their estranged gay son's partner of 8 years out of almost a million dollars and are about to be turbo hosed. I don't know how they thought this was a good idea.

https://twitter.com/benjanun_s/status/1027125782806650880

The schadenfreude is not comimg from where you think it is.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Got a brand new shipment of Grad A schad, courtesy of @benjanun_s. A conservative bigoted family in Massachusetts defrauded their estranged gay son's partner of 8 years out of almost a million dollars and are about to be turbo hosed. I don't know how they thought this was a good idea.

https://twitter.com/benjanun_s/status/1027125782806650880

This is loving insane.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Got a brand new shipment of Grad A schad,

Is it though? Is it really brand new? Are you up to date on this thread? I have my doubts.

Quality schad though, cheers.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

This magic eye is terrible

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Roblo posted:

Is it though? Is it really brand new? Are you up to date on this thread? I have my doubts.

Quality schad though, cheers.

Nope, I'm an idiot. I was like 10 pages behind and this was less than a day old so I figured it would be new. The schad is me and I deserve it.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
I can't understand that family's reasoning at all. How could they possibly think ignoring a will and doing whatever they drat please was in any way OK? Do they live out in the middle of nowhere where there are no consequences for anybody's actions?

"Here's a legal document detailing my late brother's wishes. Nah, don't like that bit, or that bit, let's just change this bit here. Perfect."

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Almost every post on this page

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

nexus6 posted:

I can't understand that family's reasoning at all. How could they possibly think ignoring a will and doing whatever they drat please was in any way OK? Do they live out in the middle of nowhere where there are no consequences for anybody's actions?

"Here's a legal document detailing my late brother's wishes. Nah, don't like that bit, or that bit, let's just change this bit here. Perfect."

it sounds like they just didn't think the partner would find out

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Gum posted:

it sounds like they just didn't think the partner would find out

I guess so since the guy is so preoccupied with "but how did he get the will?" that they didn't stop for a second to think "gee, I wonder if he mentioned this at all to his partner of 8 years?".

Also, it really implies that they knew what they were doing was wrong and are just sorry they got caught.

I'm just sorry that this might affect the sister, as the executor, the most. Although she still did it and is really lovely for doing so, I hope the partner's lawyer can print out the reddit post to get the OP in as much trouble as well.

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!

nexus6 posted:

Assuming it’s real, it reads like the brother/sister/poster are the first US-born generation in a family from a culture that leans hard into the concept of filial piety.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Lazlo Nibble posted:

Assuming it’s real, it reads like the brother/sister/poster are the first US-born generation in a family from a culture that leans hard into the concept of filial piety.

The family is also super homophobic and more than a little racist, constantly referring to the guy's partner as just his friend and apparently they made occasional racist remarks. I'm guessing the gay dude tried to cut his family out of his life as much as possible and gave his partner a copy of his will because he was afraid his family would try this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holttho
May 21, 2007

nexus6 posted:

I'm just sorry that this might affect the sister, as the executor,

No, don't feel sorry for her for a second. Rule number one for being an executor is "Execute". She failed at the titular role of her job. She didn't get tricked by some arcane loophole or genie catch-22. She knowingly violated the one reason that makes executors exist. You go through the trouble of having a will so that it will be carried out neat and orderly, and not just some money-in-a-wind-chamber mad grab for cash after you die.