Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

on the 6* offerings, is that 50% per hit, or total?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Prav posted:

on the 6* offerings, is that 50% per hit, or total?

That is the same thing...

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

MF_James posted:

That is the same thing...
50% chance per hit is extremely different to 50% chance per ability cast. If it's per hit, you get 4 times as many chances to imperil, which greatly improves the odds of it proccing at least once per ability usage

I'm fairly certain (I don't really use them) the current offering abilities are per ability, not per hit. I'm going to assume the 6*s will function similarly

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
The FFX 260 was easier than the 220 lol. Stupid shifting weaknesses. Got 'em both though.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Nihilarian posted:

50% chance per hit is extremely different to 50% chance per ability cast. If it's per hit, you get 4 times as many chances to imperil, which greatly improves the odds of it proccing at least once per ability usage

I'm fairly certain (I don't really use them) the current offering abilities are per ability, not per hit. I'm going to assume the 6*s will function similarly

Yeah I had just woken up.

*edit* Decided to throw a pull at water banner... 1/11 Yuffie LMR... I have her LD'd already, I mean I guess I can use it over the increase water damage a small amount but god drat

never pull

MF_James fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Aug 7, 2018

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nihilarian posted:

It's per cast. I think the only abilities that roll for success on each hit are the ones that inflict status effects (bio grenade, doppelblade).

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
FFRK seems to be crashing even more often than usual for me lately. Multiple times a day. Is anyone else having a problem?

I've cleared my cache and even reinstalled. Still the same poo poo. Just their lovely Android optimization?

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Geocities Homepage King posted:

FFRK seems to be crashing even more often than usual for me lately. Multiple times a day. Is anyone else having a problem?

I've cleared my cache and even reinstalled. Still the same poo poo. Just their lovely Android optimization?

Yeah. Restarting your phone can help a little, you might be able to clear two battles before crashing instead of one

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Yeah I've basically stopped playing on my phone except to use stamina during the day so I don't cap and just roll on NOX at home because my game crashes after every fight.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

14 pushbacks, 112,947 damage. Just can't get to those last 40 motes

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Nihilarian posted:

14 pushbacks, 112,947 damage. Just can't get to those last 40 motes

I think that's pretty much exactly where I got too.

private message
Aug 22, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]
A JP player gave his thoughts on the best choices for the upcoming USB Selection:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/114492-final-fantasy-record-keeper/76876069/906396430

I'd like Bartz USB1 since I have some of his stuff, but Palom USB is really tempting.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
What are these USB selections? Can you literally pick anything from a list?

private message
Aug 22, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]
I think its gem only and happens during the next fest.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Always always always pull.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I keep getting the Never Pull pulls with these.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
I am incapable of resisting a lucky draw.

2/11, dupe Marche LMR and Cecil’s AOSB :goleft: If I didn’t already have a fully augmented holy sword the latter might’ve been a semi-win but nope.

Maybe in the future I will pull something amazing for Cecil and retroactively make this a good pull :yayclod:

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

4/11 - Snow BSB1 (Dupe but +ice armor), Lightning LMR (dupe), Decil LMR, Kain CSB. :toot: Worth it just for that last one, since by now I'm only missing wind and earth on elements that have chains. Because poison is a perpetual afterthought in this game for some silly reason. What was the first FF that distinguished between poison and dark as elements, anyway? I'm used to FF5 as a baseline from the Fiesta and in that poison was the closest thing to an "evil energy" element.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Aug 8, 2018

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Realm luckies! My kryptonite!

4/11 holy poo poo what did I get!!!!

ehh none of this is really great, gaff BSB would be nice if I had other stuff for him, but it might make it possible to do holy 3* and edward harp will pair with his USB well for buffs but drat I was hoping for a knock out here.

EllEssDee
Aug 20, 2008

Santa is a trip!
drat, finally got something Ive wanted since I failed to get it:

Decil USB
Delita USB
Serah SSB

Was really loving bummed I didn't get it during the Decil event, only grabbing his BSB2. I'm still missing the Glint but this is loving great. Sincerely excited for the first time in a really long time with this game.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Golbez USB (dupe), Rosa USB (meh, though I'm sure a basic heal+stock+mblink is useful in some fight that hasn't gone all NAT), Ramza BSB2 (dupe), and PCecil LMR (meh but +holy as if I needed more)

dimeat
Feb 28, 2003

Well let’s see it. I mean if it’s as big as you say, I’ll be your girlfriend. [gasps] We could go to prom together.

Bruceski posted:

Golbez USB (dupe), Rosa USB (meh, though I'm sure a basic heal+stock+mblink is useful in some fight that hasn't gone all NAT), Ramza BSB2 (dupe), and PCecil LMR (meh but +holy as if I needed more)

Rosa USB is great and she has access to wrath. Also it can mblink a bunch of magicite stuff.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I've had so much trouble getting Bismark down consistently until literally right now, when I took the team I used to squeak out a win against Kraken in on a whim and beat my record, without using wall. I have no idea why it feels so much easier now.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

There's no way I'm going to have the 400+ Mythril (that's not metal, but a gem :raise:) by the time that Fest gets here, so I should probably throw some at the banners...

But I want to have as much as I can for the Fest...

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Bruceski posted:

dimeat posted:

Rosa USB is great and she has access to wrath. Also it can mblink a bunch of magicite stuff.
Blink effects are a lot more applicable than stuff like Draw Fire/Grand Cross because they actually care about relevant NAT attacks. While they don't cover everything, they do still hit most of what you'll care about. Pblink works against PHY and NAT attacks that deal physical damage, PHY attacks that deal fixed or missing health damage, or NAT gravity damage. Mblink instead works against anything except PHY or NIN that deals magical damage, missing health damage, or gravity damage. (Dual blink/Shield works against anything in either category and gets checked later on the priority list.) So between them the only things that aren't affected are weird edge cases like NIN attacks (very rare even for defense-piercing attacks), non-PHY fixed damage, or abilities explicitly coded to ignore blinks. Odds are that if the last category is showing up on a boss, it's not the end of the world because you're supposed to tank it/block it in some other way like Last Stand or HP Stock/diminish its effect with attack debuffs/deal with it and move on because it's part of the boss gimmick like with Ruby Weapon.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
4th Hope BSB2/11. It's decent armor being a holy bracer, but I don't really need more. Meh.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

4/11 Edward BSB, Porom BSB, Ramza USB1, Ceodore USB, no dupes

Always... pull...?

I had a bare LMR for Edward, so it's nice to have something else of his now. Porom BSB is... decent, but I have better options. Ramza tech is good, I can probably shave a few seconds off some of my magicite teams if I can make room for it. Ceodore's USB looks pretty blah. It's also my eighth +holy sword, and my third 6* one.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Ducky Draw nets me Edge SSB
the actual SSB not the USB0, which I have anyways. More Attack for Edgey boy is always nice.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Aug 8, 2018

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

private message posted:

I think its gem only and happens during the next fest.

Two of them actually. The first one was a regular dream select gem banner on next fest, but the second one with Aeris/Elarra was part of some jp holiday event, who knows if we even get that.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

NGDBSS posted:

Blink effects are a lot more applicable than stuff like Draw Fire/Grand Cross because they actually care about relevant NAT attacks. While they don't cover everything, they do still hit most of what you'll care about. Pblink works against PHY and NAT attacks that deal physical damage, PHY attacks that deal fixed or missing health damage, or NAT gravity damage. Mblink instead works against anything except PHY or NIN that deals magical damage, missing health damage, or gravity damage. (Dual blink/Shield works against anything in either category and gets checked later on the priority list.) So between them the only things that aren't affected are weird edge cases like NIN attacks (very rare even for defense-piercing attacks), non-PHY fixed damage, or abilities explicitly coded to ignore blinks. Odds are that if the last category is showing up on a boss, it's not the end of the world because you're supposed to tank it/block it in some other way like Last Stand or HP Stock/diminish its effect with attack debuffs/deal with it and move on because it's part of the boss gimmick like with Ruby Weapon.

I didn't realize that, I thought they had the Runic issue. That definitely makes it handy to have in the toolkit, and looking at it again I think it's my first instant medica USB.

eelmonger
Jun 20, 2008

Attestant posted:

4th Hope BSB2/11. It's decent armor being a holy bracer, but I don't really need more. Meh.

Dupe Hope BSB1/11. I can't remember the last time I've had a good LD, but they're so hard to resist. In theory the pools should be getting better over time as more 6*s are released, but logic goes out the window when you pull a dupe or SSB/11. At least you can't rage pull on these things.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I got Cecil AOSB and Kain OSB :woop:

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Started playing a week ago so this was my first lucky pull, but I ended up with the Kain spear so I think that's good!

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Kain's lance? If so that's an amazing pull yea, chains are easily the strongest thing in the game.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I think most of Kains SB's are spears. So that doesn't really narrow it down. :v:

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

My best pull in a while. 5/11 only one dupe and its a very useful ice boost armor.

Decil USB
Hope USB
Sazh lmr
Vanille lmr2
Serah lmr

How good is Decil USB without anything else?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Great if you have someone (Yshtola, Relm) to keep his bubble going.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Bruceski posted:

I didn't realize that, I thought they had the Runic issue. That definitely makes it handy to have in the toolkit, and looking at it again I think it's my first instant medica USB.

It was regarded as the best healer usb for a while until more speedtech healer usbs started to become available.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

MF_James posted:

Yeah I've basically stopped playing on my phone except to use stamina during the day so I don't cap and just roll on NOX at home because my game crashes after every fight.

Is there any issue with running an account on both an emulator and on a phone?

Also Never Not Always Pull on Lucky Draws.

I got Alma and Golbez SSBs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Can you do anything with a leon USB and ceodore USB?

Also is wakka most optimal as a support character?