Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

DO IT TO IT posted:

The clan systems in this game are confusing but I want those free engrams every week.

The engrams were nerfed hard. No more freeloading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

cvnvcnv posted:

Oh no!!! That's a bummer, I guess at least I'll always have my free raid rocket launcher.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

dick move bungo

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

xzzy posted:

dick move bungo

Eh for raid gear I couldn’t care less, same with powerful gear, but making it so people could get trials guns without playing a single match was an enormous mistake

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

For it to have been a mistake it would have needed to make the game worse or unbalanced.

Who cares if thumbless timmy gets a kickass trials gun. :shrug:

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

DO IT TO IT posted:

Oh no!!! That's a bummer, I guess at least I'll always have my free raid rocket launcher.

:same:

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

xzzy posted:

For it to have been a mistake it would have needed to make the game worse or unbalanced.

I care, deeply. I really enjoy my trials assault rifle that I clearly don't deserve.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
i think removing activity specific items from the clan rewards was a bad idea but i think there should be "tiers" of activity guns so wellfare engrams don't have access to the full pool. it kinda incentivizes people to go "got this neato raid AR maybe if i participate in a raid i can get more stuff!"

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I think I've seen this movie, fire dude destroys city while lightning dude kills his dark energy sister.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

i think removing activity specific items from the clan rewards was a bad idea but i think there should be "tiers" of activity guns so wellfare engrams don't have access to the full pool. it kinda incentivizes people to go "got this neato raid AR maybe if i participate in a raid i can get more stuff!"

Yeah, that's good design.

I'd be fine with messing with perks too like they did in D1. Scrub tier gets a decent gun that does good work, lighthouse tier one operator dudes get a god roll setup.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

xzzy posted:

I should've specified that I don't even care about the gear, it's more that if you make people actually play it for the gear there might actually be some population to speak of. That also brings in a lot of lower skill players that refused to play because their clan got them the gun and they never had to play a match. It absolutely did make the game worse.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I am a lower skill player and I avoid trials because it's not fun, not because I got the guns. :v:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

xzzy posted:

D2 WAS the mistake!

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

quote:

Q. If I stash an Arc, Solar and Void Uriel’s Gift now I can keep it going into Forsaken and wint be forced into (as an example) 3 of them all having Arc?

Assuming everything works as intended (and that no one forgot to update me upon my glorious return from vacation)

Greg: For Uriel’s yes. But not for the guns we make Kinetic. And don’t get too attached to your EP weapon damage types...

Q. Does this also apply to Y2 guns? So if Rahool drops me a solar Clever Reference, all future Clever Reference drops will also be solar?

All weapons, starting September 4th, will be locked to a specific damage type and there will be no way to change them moving forward. Exotic behaviors found on things like Borealis and Hard Light will remain unchanged.
Those are from https://destinyroundup.com/entry/77 which is a good site that should be added to Discord if it hasn't already

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

el B posted:

D2 WAS the mistake!

Things we wish we knew in August 2017.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Hi I'm back playing this terrible game again.

Pubbies still real bad at pvp, came off a year long break and a break in my thumb and killed lots. If you aren't playing this game with a super scuf, bone elite or m/kb you doin it wrong.

Looking forward to random loot from Destiny 2: Bungie has Forsaken Destiny 2 for Destiny 1.

Or alternately, Destiny 2: Cayde-6 died for Bungie's sins.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
i dont need a $100 controller to kill dudes on a console

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
yeah, just hit them with the console.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

yeah, just hit them with the console.

:eng99:

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

DO IT TO IT posted:

I think I got kicked from [KINK] on PS4 since I quit playing back in like...January or something. If I'm starting back up, do I need to request access on the Bungie site or get.
an invite sent to me? The clan systems in this game are confusing but I want those free engrams every week. Shift_andrew on PSN.

Discord DM me your Bungie account link.

Also scroll up a bit lol

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Mazerunner posted:

lol rift is one of the kings for boss dps, especially with lunafactions

getting big ol' range and damage increases while auto reloading my gun, that's not worth using at all

Was talking about PVP. Warlocks are totally fine in PVE.
I stand by my statement that Warlock Supers are subpar in the Crucible. Going Palpatine can't be beat in PVE but the second you use it in crucible your a slowly wafting target whose main gimmick doesn't exist. Killing dudes in and enclosed area is done way better by Fisting or Staffing where you can jump around like a rabbit on speed tanking or dodging. The Nova Bomb is inferior for Super/Heavy canceling than the Golden Gun (Which gets multiple shots) or Tethers (Which create a long lasting no-go zone) and neither of which require you to kill yourself to get of a good shot. Dawnblades projectiles homing are nice, but it's impossible to miss with the hammer unless your one handed even if it didn't leave a big bonfire and putting yourself in the air just makes you an easy target while the hammer gives you a bajillion armor.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
lmao at literally anyone defending tether in its current form.

https://i.imgur.com/qiWj2dV.gifv

bungie removing instant suppression after already figuring out delayed suppression was retarded in d1 is just peak bungie. you legit have brain worms if you think any warlock super is somehow worse than this

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Serves you right for not using golden gun.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
:negative:

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

galagazombie posted:

The Nova Bomb is inferior for Super/Heavy canceling than the Golden Gun (Which gets multiple shots) or Tethers (Which create a long lasting no-go zone)

:whitewater:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

galagazombie posted:

Was talking about PVP. Warlocks are totally fine in PVE.
I stand by my statement that Warlock Supers are subpar in the Crucible. Going Palpatine can't be beat in PVE but the second you use it in crucible your a slowly wafting target whose main gimmick doesn't exist. Killing dudes in and enclosed area is done way better by Fisting or Staffing where you can jump around like a rabbit on speed tanking or dodging. The Nova Bomb is inferior for Super/Heavy canceling than the Golden Gun (Which gets multiple shots) or Tethers (Which create a long lasting no-go zone) and neither of which require you to kill yourself to get of a good shot. Dawnblades projectiles homing are nice, but it's impossible to miss with the hammer unless your one handed even if it didn't leave a big bonfire and putting yourself in the air just makes you an easy target while the hammer gives you a bajillion armor.

Stand by it all you want. Youre wrong and bad.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's the goon way, express an objectively wrong opinion and defend it loudly and extensively until someone gets sick of it and you get probed.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
[hits destiny 2 development team square the face with tether]

gently caress

i tried guys

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
To be fair tickle fingers is a pretty poo poo super. But dawn blade and nova bomb are pretty good.

Tether still the worst followed by sentinel.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Instant suppression doesn't matter when you're already dead due to lag

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Roman posted:

Those are from https://destinyroundup.com/entry/77 which is a good site that should be added to Discord if it hasn't already

what does that last one mean? i can't tell if that means 'all uriels gifts as well as all y2 weapons will be arc or whatever' or whatever or 'there will be no way to get different elements for y1 weapons come y2'

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

what does that last one mean? i can't tell if that means 'all uriels gifts as well as all y2 weapons will be arc or whatever' or whatever or 'there will be no way to get different elements for y1 weapons come y2'

It sounds like he's saying there are 3 possible things that could happen:

-If you have an energy weapon in your vault, and it's still an energy weapon in Y2, it will become locked to the element that is currently installed. You will not be able to change the element because mods don't do that any more but it will stay at what it was the moment they transitioned the game to Y2.

-If you pull a new copy of a Y1 energy weapon out of the collection, it will always come with the same element. They're going through all the weapons and assigning elements to each of them so for example all new Uriel's will be arc. Again, you will not be able to change this.

-If you have an energy weapon in the vault, and as part of the Y2 gear redesign it has been changed to a kinetic weapon, then it no longer has any element and just does kinetic damage.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Two tokens and a blue make a lot more sense for Clan Engrams, unlike everything they're used for now. One token for the given activity, one rando token, and a blue engram. Not rewarding, but it helps the low rungs flesh out their thin library of gear.

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer
I took the last comment to be a hint that Ikelos shotgun will be kinetic, which means it will actually do even more damage to unshielded enemies but sadly won’t boop. Melting point shotgun unload will still slaughter though so that’s something.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
I'm back into destiny. Hmu for raids and poo poo

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

It means what you have now if its remaining energy will remain the element it is when it resets.

All future versions will be pulled as a locked element.

If ikelos shotgun is remaining elemental I would advise everyone to make theirs void. If they lock future ones to something else it'll be dps king with a boop for gambit.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Kadath posted:

I took the last comment to be a hint that Ikelos shotgun will be kinetic, which means it will actually do even more damage to unshielded enemies but sadly won’t boop. Melting point shotgun unload will still slaughter though so that’s something.

I thought that too but they showed in the preview a mans using ikelos and a better devils.

Unless I'm wrong on the slot changes but i thought it was still

Kinetic
Energy
Heavy

With shotguns, breech nades and snipers falling into all thred at various points ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
it's kind of confusing. i think i saw weapons in slot 1 with elements that also used special ammo, and elemental weapons in slot 2 that used kinetic.