Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nifty
Aug 31, 2004

My work travel has cut down and I'm left with more airline miles than I need. A couple years ago I booked a couple biz class flights to Australia with AA miles for a friendly goon for a cost less than the retail prices of the business class ticket. If anyone is interested in a similar mutually beneficial less than retail price ticket, PM me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
if you want to be charitable with them a bunch of orgs trying to put separated immigrant families back together are asking for miles

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

I think they are looking to do it for money.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

I spent way too long today messing with Concur to give me the flights i wanted to fly from MCO-BIL. We’ll see if it gets approved :ohdear:

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
We used to be able to book business if any leg was over like 8 hours I think. Our new PE overlords changed that to economy plus. Really only annoying in principle, though, since we very rarely do international work in my division. Maybe once every year or two we do work out in Diego Garcia or the Kwajalein Atoll and those places are such a pain in the dick to get to that they’ll usually make an exception to allow business class because otherwise no one would agree to go.

Buckhead
Aug 12, 2005

___ days until the 2010 trade deadline :(
I got a new passport recently, and the two times I have returned to the US with it I got the dreaded black X on my computer receipt thing that puts me in the hour+ line instead of just waltzing through. This never happened with my old passport. Am I doomed to the long line forever?

I do have TSA PRE, and will probably opt for GE when I have to renew in about a year FWIW.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Buckhead posted:

I got a new passport recently, and the two times I have returned to the US with it I got the dreaded black X on my computer receipt thing that puts me in the hour+ line instead of just waltzing through. This never happened with my old passport. Am I doomed to the long line forever?

I do have TSA PRE, and will probably opt for GE when I have to renew in about a year FWIW.

If you take too long or change your selections they'll send you to the black X line. So double check and sure you aren't doing that next time.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Buckhead posted:

Global Entry will fix that, I'd just do it now.

Ixian
Oct 9, 2001

Many machines on Ix....new machines
Pillbug

Buckhead posted:

Get GE asap unless you never plan on going overseas again in the next 5 years.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

so who else here is on t-mobile solely for the free wifi on delta flights?

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

Rex-Goliath posted:

That and being able to use my phone internationally without having to pay Verizon for their TravelPass every day. Hello from India!

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Rex-Goliath posted:

I'm paralyzed by the fact that AA is moving from Gogo to ViaSat, and I have status with AA and OneWorld works well for my travel, but also a $25/month plan with T-Mobile with a simple and good international plan

Anza Borrego
Feb 11, 2005

Ovis canadensis nelsoni

creationist believer posted:

I'm paralyzed by the fact that AA is moving from Gogo to ViaSat, and I have status with AA and OneWorld works well for my travel, but also a $25/month plan with T-Mobile with a simple and good international plan

Work pays for my monthly GoG account, it looks like the ViaSat will be per use, which is a PITA. The one flight I was on recently that had ViaSat didn’t work at all.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Hello it’s me the guy who got in to Cleveland at 1:45 am today

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches
JFC Delta, stop seating children away from their care takers. I'm not a loving babysitter, nor do I appreciate having to play the monster and refuse to move seats so a 4 year-old child can sit next to his mom. I didn't, I took the downgrade to the middle seat across the aisle and then had to deal with another, unrelated kid who begged me to buy him headsets and wireless internet, fell asleep on me and then got mad when I wanted to move and woke him up. What the gently caress is this poo poo?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

MickeyFinn posted:

JFC Delta, stop seating children away from their care takers. I'm not a loving babysitter, nor do I appreciate having to play the monster and refuse to move seats so a 4 year-old child can sit next to his mom. I didn't, I took the downgrade to the middle seat across the aisle and then had to deal with another, unrelated kid who begged me to buy him headsets and wireless internet, fell asleep on me and then got mad when I wanted to move and woke him up. What the gently caress is this poo poo?

They didn't move you up to first class? I've been on a few American flights where that situation has played out and the flight attendants have upgraded the person who moved

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

psydude posted:

They didn't move you up to first class? I've been on a few American flights where that situation has played out and the flight attendants have upgraded the person who moved

It did not even occur to me that the attendants would give a poo poo.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I caught bronchitis from Typhoid Mark sitting next to me on my flight home from Seattle last Saturday. :(

I may start packing a surgical mask in my carry-on.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

psydude posted:

I’m shocked there was an open seat to do so

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Last time I switched seats so someone could sit with their kid was on a flight from FRA to DEN and said kid ended up kicking the back of my seat most of the flight.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

creationist believer posted:

Yeah, plus I get free GoGo passes from one of my credit cards. Worked out well. Bummer.

Ixian
Oct 9, 2001

Many machines on Ix....new machines
Pillbug

psydude posted:

Unless it is an international flight I can't imagine a modern US carrier with empty seats up front. I don't think I've seen it on a domestic US flight with United in 6, 7 years.

Long haul they'll fly empty rather than comp usually. Their frequent flyers will have coupons, miles etc. to use and that's what they want.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

Ixian posted:

Unless it is an international flight I can't imagine a modern US carrier with empty seats up front. I don't think I've seen it on a domestic US flight with United in 6, 7 years.
It's unusual, for sure, but I have seen it. Three or four times in the past year, I think.

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

LGA is a goddamn mess. Good luck today, bizgoons

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I'm about to take off for JFK. Original flight was supposed to leave (checks notes) 5 hours ago.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
What happened did someone take down another tower

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

I'm now on my third attempt in two days at flying PIT to BOS. Boarding begins in ten minutes and we may actually pull it off this time

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Noctone posted:

Rain.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Noctone posted:

You know, these days, you never know when it could be a rogue employee stealing a commercial airliner.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Cacafuego posted:

You know, these days, you never know when it could be a rogue employee stealing a commercial airliner.

Obviously the answer is to ban airline employees from access to airplanes.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

What are we flying in F22s here?

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
Watched a dude get arrested after a PHX-ATL flight today, delaying ATL-MIA 20m.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Cocoa Crispies posted:

We need deets

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

650 round trip on American to Paris over Thanksgiving with 2 SWUs confirmed at booking. Feels like a great deal.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

sellouts posted:

650 round trip on American to Paris over Thanksgiving with 2 SWUs confirmed at booking. Feels like a great deal.

Gotta love those SWUs. Especially when you grab the revenue ticket with credit card reward points.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I've been spoiled by international travel travel. I forgot American won't let you into their lounge unless you have an international flight.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Cocoa Crispies posted:

not a bad turnaround not gonna lie

good hustle good hustle

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

psydude posted:

I've been spoiled by international travel travel. I forgot American won't let you into their lounge unless you have an international flight.

Discovered that with United yesterday when my flight was delayed 5 motherfucking hours.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe

psydude posted:

If you're traveling domestic enough it's worth it to get the CC. Especially if your spouse travels on their own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

FunOne posted:

If you're traveling domestic enough it's worth it to get the CC. Especially if your spouse travels on their own.

I'm probably 90% international travel so I've usually bought the one day pass in the past, but they don't do it at Charlotte anymore because their second lounge is under construction.