Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I have only seen her in OitNB, and she was fine I thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/bown/status/1026977365593939971?s=21

Don’t tweet right before bed everybody

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
One of my favorite stupid shows is back.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Calaveron posted:

Sam and Diane's horrible, horrible relationship is making Cheers really hard to watch

An image of Sam and Diane should be next to the word "problematic" in the dictionary.

He's equally scummy in the episode of Frasier in which he appears.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Calaveron posted:

Sam and Diane's horrible, horrible relationship is making Cheers really hard to watch

I do appreciate how everyone calls them out on it.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I'm sure Ted Danson is glad HD wasn't around when he did Cheers because who is he trying to kid with that rug

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
p sure that's just Unfortunate Nineties Hair

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Calaveron posted:

I'm sure Ted Danson is glad HD wasn't around when he did Cheers because who is he trying to kid with that rug

I'm sure most 80's stars are glad HD wasn't around to highlight how old they actually looked.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Rhyno posted:

I'm sure most 80's stars are glad HD wasn't around to highlight how old they actually looked.

The HD remaster of Star Trek: The Next Generation is certainly unflattering to Jonathan Frakes and the girdle he had to start wearing in the third season.

Edit: And sweet Jesus, the original Trek movies on Blu-ray are certainly something to behold; in The Undiscovered Country, there are shots in which you can literally see the seams of Shatner's toupee appliance.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

I'm out, she's the worst actress ever.

Well no that's Caity Lotz, but luckily she's busy.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Well no that's Caity Lotz, but luckily she's busy.

She was good in The Machine at least.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ruby Rose is willing to fight to the death for the title of worst actress ever.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Castle Rock is so goddamn boring.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Ruby Rose is willing to fight to the death for the title of worst actress ever.

Justine Beiber will be alright.

Matt Zerella posted:

Counterpoint: gently caress you, it's not.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/AVTVClub/status/1026953435512418304

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I'm finally making my way through The Sopranos, 2/3 done with season 6 and I'm really for it to end. It just drags on and on and on and what the gently caress is that dumb gambling plot? Ugh.

This season probably works better when you watch it week by week I guess.

Edit: And now a kid took a poo poo in the shower. Feels like a metaphor for the whole season.

Popelmon fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Aug 8, 2018

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Watch for the Lin Manuel Miranda cameo on episode 15. I think it was one of his first roles.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Roday loves doing that show so goddamn much that he'd do another season or a run of movies or whatever if they paid him in McDonald's cheeseburgers and, like, hotel rewards points.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Been catching up with Casual, about to wrap up S2.

Really underrated, you'd think it was about a bunch of assholes, but its really a cautionary tale of co-dependence and how hosed up families can be. Great fun dialogue too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Timby posted:

Roday loves doing that show so goddamn much that he'd do another season or a run of movies or whatever if they paid him in McDonald's cheeseburgers and, like, hotel rewards points.

I'm going to watch AMLT just for him. I rewatch his scene in Beerfest like once a month.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I'm going to watch AMLT just for him. I rewatch his scene in Beerfest like once a month.

What scene is that?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shageletic posted:

What scene is that?

My dude! Oh my god!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D66KVbW16KY

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Popelmon posted:

I'm finally making my way through The Sopranos, 2/3 done with season 6 and I'm really for it to end. It just drags on and on and on and what the gently caress is that dumb gambling plot? Ugh.

This season probably works better when you watch it week by week I guess.

Edit: And now a kid took a poo poo in the shower. Feels like a metaphor for the whole season.

Remember that Tony’s dad told him gambling was the worst/most degenerate thing a person could do. It’s Tony subconsciously striking out at a father figure he can’t bring himself to consciously hate.

Season 6 pt 2 of Sopranos is my favourite TV of all time so I feel a little defensive here. And I never watched it week by week.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

lol oh yeah. He has the weirdest accent haha

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Escobarbarian posted:

Remember that Tony’s dad told him gambling was the worst/most degenerate thing a person could do. It’s Tony subconsciously striking out at a father figure he can’t bring himself to consciously hate.

Season 6 pt 2 of Sopranos is my favourite TV of all time so I feel a little defensive here. And I never watched it week by week.

I'll have to see how it shakes out in the end but so far it just seems like a cheap way to introduce some drama.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Rocksicles posted:

I'm out, she's the worst actress ever.

So a perfect fit for the CW then

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Anyone still watch the Oscars on TV? No? They are getting desperate enough to add a "Best Popular Film" award which sounds really insulting both to people that make them and the people that enjoy stuff like Avengers.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/race/academy-plans-three-hour-oscars-telecast-adds-popular-film-category-1133138

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Not a good look for Frasier that years later he greeted Sam warmly when he showed up in his life instead of shame and mortification at remembering the company he used to keep

At least he reacted with appropriate revulsion when Diane slimed her way to Seattle

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mu Zeta posted:

Anyone still watch the Oscars on TV? No? They are getting desperate enough to add a "Best Popular Film" award which sounds really insulting both to people that make them and the people that enjoy stuff like Avengers.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/race/academy-plans-three-hour-oscars-telecast-adds-popular-film-category-1133138

I’m like 99% convinced this is because of Black Panther.

a bitchin jetski
Jun 20, 2018

by SA Support Robot

Matt Zerella posted:

I'm enjoying it more now that I've just accepted that it's really loving slow.

It could have reached the point it's at now with half the episodes.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Mu Zeta posted:

And this year's C. Montgomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence goes to:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I've never seen that movie, but I only needed like four seconds of him yelling to know that the trainer was Jürgen Prochnow.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Mu Zeta posted:

oh :lol:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

'The Popcorn Oscar' lmfaooo

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Hang Ups just premiered on Channel 4 and it was quite good.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
'The Movie That's Really Good But We're Too Up Ourselves To Admit We Like'

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Croatoan posted:

Hang Ups just premiered on Channel 4 and it was quite good.

it's just Web Therapy without Lisa Kudrow

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Sure it's a remake but it's better so far.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Mu Zeta posted:

This was, legit, already the worst idea I’ve ever heard before a friend pointed out that it’s ABC pushing for this, as in “one of two broadcast networks owned by the biggest movie studio on Earth.” Now everything hurts so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It’s stupid and dumb and will absolutely be used to gate films that the Academy doesn’t see as “traditional” Best Picture material away from the category *cough*Black Panther*cough*.

THAT SAID

It will be frigging amazing that Fast 9 will be able to say that it is an Oscar Winner.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Aug 9, 2018