Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Hoping for either Tails as an all new character or Shadow as an echo. I'll take both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
the year of ghost luigi

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Hoping for either Tails as an all new character or Shadow as an echo. I'll take both

shadow as a slower heavier sonic with some mixups would be rad

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Skylark posted:

I am REALLY wanting Tails to be in Smash and I felt very enabled by this direct cause they showed assist trophies and went straight to Knuckles... No mention of Tails. So hopefully he'll actually be playable!! Seems totally within the realm of possibility given all the other characters were getting 🙏

I think if we've learned anything about Smash Bros it's that if you're willing to wait long enough, nintendo will make all of your dreams come true.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

elf help book posted:

its because rare made 5 million of them and they all suck and vary between ugly, brain damaged, in diapers, brain damaged and in diapers, or weird hot monkey lady

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Stage morph and the fighter draft mode are so :love:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

extremebuff posted:

shadow as a slower heavier sonic with some mixups would be rad

The last couple reveals have shown Ridley brutally killing Mario and Death slicing out Luigi's soul, so I'm fairly certain Shadow's reveal will involve him walking up to Wario and shooting him in the loving head like that famous photo of the viet cong guy getting executed

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

a 3D Donkey Kong Country game not tainted by Rare's weirdness would be pretty cool. basically just Odyssey with bananas instead of moons where you could switch between Kongs.
DK doesn't need to be Mario. Tropical Freeze demonstrated that the series can be really strong sticking to its 2.5d style.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

DK doesn't need to be Mario. Tropical Freeze demonstrated that the series can be really strong sticking to its 2.5d style.

Mario has good 2.5 games too though, and I feel like Nintendo has really managed to do the "explore a big world and find stuff" that dk64 was meant to be w/o the farting and burping

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

Mario has good 2.5 games too though, and I feel like Nintendo has really managed to do the "explore a big world and find stuff" that dk64 was meant to be w/o the farting and burping

I'm playing through DKC 3 for the first time, and with all the weird forced gimmicks you can really see the beginning of the disease that created DK 64

The world themes and music are also incredibly uninspired. It's insane that this was the followup to dkc2

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

The Milkman posted:

the year of ghost luigi

Bless them both.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

I'm playing through DKC 3 for the first time, and with all the weird forced gimmicks you can really see the beginning of the disease that created DK 64

The world themes and music are also incredibly uninspired. It's insane that this was the followup to dkc2

the only thing i remember about dkc3 was the lightning forest level towards the end and the music for the factory stages

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rd0QpuvKTI

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Can't wait to see if Square is getting a little more in this game. I'd love to see some Mario RPG stuff make it in.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

Leadthumb posted:

Can't wait to see if Square is getting a little more in this game. I'd love to see some Mario RPG stuff make it in.

👀

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

its not that insane because its a better game

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Mallow or Geno would be godlike but I doubt it. Unlikeliest dream pic for me would be Vivian from Paper mario 2 , mighht happen in like Smash 7 or 8.

My realistic hopeful is Tails and I feel like theres reason to believe he'll be in, especially after todays vid. Octoling as an echo fighter for Inkling would be great but not likely..

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'd settle for a Mario RPG level, maybe the ghost ship.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

paper mario's always been my pick for a new character..with his own moveset not some clone. also more paper mario levels and music.

for smash4 they put in a bunch of crap from the bad paper marios and had one short ttyd segment in a medley between 2 bad paper mario songs, its like ttyd is an ex they wanna forget about its so weird

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Was there a Midgar level to go with Cloud? I never played the DLC.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Was there a Midgar level to go with Cloud? I never played the DLC.

Ya its cool, it has the Final fantasy summons appear as hazards too.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Skylark posted:

Ya its cool, it has the Final fantasy summons appear as hazards too.
Nice. I'd love something like Miiverse where it pulls people's villages from Animal Crossing to generate level backgrounds.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
drat, Nintendo's really bringing EVERYONE into Smash this time around

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The orc barbarian from Neverwinter Nights joins the party!

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

donkey kong country 3 was extremely "meh"

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

My dream pick is, and always has been, viewtiful joe.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

donkey kong country 3 was extremely "meh"

it's the only one i didn't finish because it's just trash.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

where the hell is earthworm jim

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Skylark posted:

I am REALLY wanting Tails to be in Smash and I felt very enabled by this direct cause they showed assist trophies and went straight to Knuckles... No mention of Tails. So hopefully he'll actually be playable!! Seems totally within the realm of possibility given all the other characters were getting 🙏

i think it will be shadow as an echo, but if any of the 3rd parties deserve a full new character, it's sonic for sure. not only is he THE third party character, he's managed to stick around since brawl

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Knuckles makes the most sense. I'd also love to see Sonic Boom Sonic as an echo, with the scarf.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

FactsAreUseless posted:

Knuckles makes the most sense. I'd also love to see Sonic Boom Sonic as an echo, with the scarf.
*made. He's already in as an assist.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

American McGay posted:

*made. He's already in as an assist.
Well he can assist the player by becoming a character.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Skylark posted:

My realistic hopeful is Tails and I feel like theres reason to believe he'll be in, especially after todays vid.

The only compelling reason he might not be is that he runs across the background of this stage every so often:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5upfjlSBbg (shows up around :16 in this vid)

But I'm with you, he'd be the most worthy addition from the Sonic roster by a long shot. Stressin out lately about a future where we get Shadow but not Miles Prower

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I watched the direct again and I'm very excited

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
if you play the whispy woods n64 stage in smash 4, dedede flies in the background, but if one of the fighters is dedede, he doesnt appear

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

elf help book posted:

if you play the whispy woods n64 stage in smash 4, dedede flies in the background, but if one of the fighters is dedede, he doesnt appear

Now that you mention it, I think the same thing even happens with Toon Link on the Spirit Tracks stage. Nevermind, that wasn't a good point I was making

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

NienNunb posted:

So is the reason Nintendo moved away from all the old Donkey Kong characters because they were made by Rare? Because I miss Lanky Kong and the fat Kremlings who wear army helmets.

Diddy, Dixie, Cranky, and Funky are Rare characters. If you mean the enemies, it's because Retro wanted to do their own thing.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

what the hell is a lanky kong?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

trying to jack off posted:

its pretty self descriptive i think

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

a clownish orangutan from a video game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A Kong without style or grace. A Kong with a funky face.